It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sidekick 2 Smartphone hacked: Paris Hilton! (moved from ATSNN)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 05:14 AM
link   
Paris Hilton's T-Mobile Sidekick 2 Smart phone has been hacked. The contents of her notes, address's, numbers & photos have been splashed all over the net.

The smart phone referred to uses a web-based desktop managed. Unlike a Palm OS and a Pocket PC, which can sync to your computer using a direct cable connection, the Sidekick syncs over the cellular network back to the T-Mobile website. The web interface for the Sidekick is hosted at www.tmobile.com, where users log in using their number and a password.

wireless.weblogsinc.com
Of course, it could also be related to the big T-Mobile hack that happened last year. If the hacker had access then, he could have leaked her information and possibly the password. Oh, by the way, since the Sidekick does not have Bluetooth, it’s not a Bluesnarf attack.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

I think this is quite funny to see such a big celebrity being the victim of a hacking, exposing all their private photos and data. Maybe they should have chosen a better password, wonder what hers was....

Oh theres some nice pictures from there aswel.

Related News Links:
wireless.weblogsinc.com
www.theinquirer.net

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 05:33 AM
link   
Looks like a lot of people will be changing their phone numbers this week. heh

I don't really understand the cult of celebrity around the world, although it does seem especially bad in America. Are these people really worthy of worship? Not even close.

Uneducated, mean spirited, shallow, vain, what could these cardboard cutouts possibly offer in the way of conversation or insight into the human condition? I hope they have a purpose that is too cosmic for me to discern. Otherwise celebrities might as well be fake dog poop for all the entertainment they provide. Drab, plastic, artificial, cheap.

join