It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

to infinity and beyond............

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 05:00 AM
link   
does anyone else out there just love to stare at the sky.......and look at the stars....wondering if there is anything else out there....caling you almost....like,you have a purpouse in life.....and the stars are telling you this?.............i know i sound stupid but when i look at the stars,its a kind of reassurance that i am alive.......like,just knowing that billions and billions (and so on) of miles away,there is someone.something out there....even if the somehting is nothing.......its out there....and then you start to think,whatever force,whether it be "god" (go athiest) or "the big bang" created this world we live in.....why would it only be humans that think logicly?i swear if you take time and really think while you look at the stars...or even the moon......you will feel something inside of you,tell you.....were not alone.......now i for one dont believe in that "ET" bullcrap...but theres something else out there.......just like we are....sitting....on their own planet......waiting like we are....to be discovered... its amazing to think, out of all we see in the universe.......were the only thing looking for someone/thing else.........

anyone else get this feeling?

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 12:47 AM
link   
is no one going to post a comment?

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 02:25 AM
link   
whenever i do wat you are talking about i get a euphoric feeling of power. yes thats right as if not only do we inhabit the universe but we also control it by means of our collective consciousness. im not an atheist im just confused i guess, right now in the world our understanding of the universe is going through a growth spurt do in part to the vast improvements in technology. this opens a portal of understanding which can be very exciting, to normal people like us who are always searching for answers.

[edit on 25-2-2005 by sturod84]

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 08:14 AM
link   
I think I get the same feeling. I am not sure exactly how a person feels though. I am fascinated by looking at the stars in the sky. There is just so much we don't know. I wish I could just float into space and live forever, exploring, and learning.

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Everynight. At least once a night I go out in my backyard no matter how cold or hot and look-up into the stars while I take a leak. I'm ever in wonder about the distances and the psssibilities. And of course I dream of going there.

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by topsloth22
does anyone else out there just love to stare at the sky.......and look at the stars....wondering if there is anything else out there....caling you almost....like,you have a purpouse in life.....and the stars are telling you this?.............i know i sound stupid but when i look at the stars,its a kind of reassurance that i am alive.......like,just knowing that billions and billions (and so on) of miles away,there is someone.something out there....even if the somehting is nothing.......its out there....and then you start to think,whatever force,whether it be "god" (go athiest) or "the big bang" created this world we live in.....why would it only be humans that think logicly?i swear if you take time and really think while you look at the stars...or even the moon......you will feel something inside of you,tell you.....were not alone.......now i for one dont believe in that "ET" bullcrap...but theres something else out there.......just like we are....sitting....on their own planet......waiting like we are....to be discovered... its amazing to think, out of all we see in the universe.......were the only thing looking for someone/thing else.........

anyone else get this feeling?

I know exactly how you feel.. When Im sitting outside looking at the stars, I get this overpowering feeling that I am meant for something more than what I think.. Maybe its because in the whole scheme of things, we are absolutly nothing compared the the universe, and we like to think we have something major to contribute.. who knows

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 04:15 PM
link   
wow,i like how you put that....i get the same feeling....like i am ment for something great in the future..........like....a great punk-rock drummer.......(hehehe).....but really,i love that feeling......like i can just fly into a nebula and drift on forever......and ever,thinking the unthinkable,and realizing we are just that....a smal smal fraction of a nothing compared to the universe........

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Im with you on this feeling.

I tend to get it on them warn summer nights where you lay out on the grass with a bonfire late at night,

its then when i look up at the stars and wonder what's out there,
Whats yet to be discoverd, and where we fit in on the great journey of space,

And tha amazing wonder you get when you think the light that you see from the stars has traveled so many thousands of years for you eye to see it,

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 09:49 PM
link   
i never thought about that....that the light we seen now,has traveled millions and millions of miles to reach us....thats a very interesting thought.......so does that mean the stars we look at each night...might not even be "alive" at the moment we see them?....like how they say if the sun exploded,we wouldnt know untill 8 minutes after it actually happened due to the time it takes the sun's light to get to earth....?

ack...if thats true,that means the stars we wish on.....and dream about....might not even exist.....thats a crappy thought.....

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 11:56 PM
link   
lol, im sorry i just felt like posting after reading that...

anyone im off to find the little white rabbit (and if anyone gets a laugh out of this like me, good hopefully ill remember tomarrow why im laughing...)

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 12:06 AM
link   
I look up to the cosmos and I think we are very small. Humanity is only a spec on the universal scale. Earth as fantastic as it is is only a spec.
The red spot on Jupiter is a hurricane, a hurricane the size of Earth. A million Earths could fit inside the Sun. There are red giants 700 times the size of our Sun. There are trillions of stars in our own galaxy spanning across 100000 light years. Hubble Deep Field list about 3000 galaxies and that just in that patch.

When I look up I think of all this and I feel very very tiny.

E_T

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by topsloth22
...so does that mean the stars we look at each night...might not even be "alive" at the moment we see them?
Yep, most of stars visible with naked eye (especially brighter ones) are few hundred, few thousand light years away at most meaning we see them that much younger than they are at this moment.
M31 is two million light years away so we see two million years old picture of it, M81 and M82 are over ten million light years away, M66 about 35 million light years, Virgo cluster's galaxies are between ~40 and 60 million light years...

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 02:43 AM
link   
ha,cool...someone who knows something about something...i liek all that talk about m16's and stuff.....very interesting.....so that may mean all the stars we see could all be dead...so to speak.......do humans know for sure that any stars we see are "alive"............and how exactly do they know how many lightyears a star is away from us?

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 12:59 PM
link   
I feel really small when I look up at the stars!

But we are in effect looking at the past...so if we were visited we'd never see them coming! I'd love to meet a new race...

Go NASA I say!

top topics

join