It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Freemasonry: A Secret Society or a Society with Secrets?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2018 @ 10:01 AM
link   
a reply to: CanadianMason

There was once an army sent to a far away desert long ago, this army became lost in that desert and one wonders did they end up following there own track's tired, thirst and delirious each man thinking the track's had been made by the men in front and never even realizing that they were following there own trail until in a huge circle, they had conquered Egypt and set out to conquer even more territory but even the mighty Greeks were no match for the Sahara.

There tale is a fair analogy for reciprocal argument's, they lead most often no where and each party can become more and more lost, one also wonders if perhaps native guides led those men deliberately to there demise and left them once they had taken deep enough into the desert and had them lost - always with the promise of just a little further - enough so that they knew they could not then return.

Had they known were they where and were to go they were perhaps only a day to four day's from the nearest water but of course they did not know where they were, such is also the fate of all that follow trail's of breadcrumb's lain out by a predator and the easiest prey among them are perhaps those that deny that the predator even exists.

posted on Jul, 15 2018 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: gottaknow

I wrote:

I wasn't aware that he [William Cooper] was a drunk until just now

You replied:

He was not a drunk. That's a popular attempt to debunk a great man

Then you posted a video of Cooper defending himself against the allegation. At T-4:20, Cooper points out that even if it were the case that he was a drunk it wouldn't automatically discredit the information he provides.

I agree with that, and I'm certain KSigMason would agree, too. Furthermore, I believe KSigMason had his own reason(s) for bringing that up about Bill. Perhaps he will return to explain.

I do know with a very high degree of probability, however, that Bill's views were wrong on Freemasonry. Would you care to show me otherwise?

your leaders are because it's seemingly quite different than what you think

Like Bill's own defense of his character, I will state that Freemasonry isn't about the quality of the characters of its leaders, it's about the form and content the principles and tenets of Freemasonry.

For example, Freemasonry recommends the following to its members. In my book of 'The Work' there is what we call 'Charge to the E.A.' [Entered Apprentice]. It is a charge that we all take very seriously, some less so than others, some more so. It is a Masonic recommendation left behind by our ancestors, and it is up to us individually to accept and apply it to our own lives, or not. It says:

"As a [Mason], I would first recommend to your most serious contemplation the [Volume of the Sacred Law, i.e., whatever sacred book you believe in], charging you to consider it the unerring standard of truth and justice, and to regulate your actions by the divine precepts which it contains. Therein you will be taught the important duty you owe to God, to your neighbour, and to yourself."

It then expands on how to fulfill that duty; and, in my own experience, the attempt to put this recommendation into practice tends towards making good men better men.

Are there bad men (leaders or otherwise) in my organization? It's possible but I, personally, have never met one. Even so, if that were the case, Freemasonry is not about following leaders (good or otherwise); it's about making the sincere attempt to put into practice its moral recommendations which in my estimation are indisputably valuable as well as compatible with the highest of moral systems - if not itself the highest system of all.

If you have the basic understanding, the red pill so to speak, to know what's going on in this world, then PLEASE gather your brothers and start fighting against this giant oligarchy of evil.

We're not averse to "fighting" but, if we do fight, we fight fairly and within the laws of the lands we live in. We are charged also with the following:

"As a citizen of the world, I am next to enjoin you to be exemplary in the discharging of your civil duties by never proposing or at all countenancing any act that may have a tendency to subvert the peace and good order of society; by paying due obedience to the laws of the country which may for a time become the place of your residence or afford you its protection, ever remembering that as a [Mason] you are expected to live and act in such a manner as to fulfill the duties of a good citizen and thereby set an example for others to emulate."

No Mason anywhere is above the law of his country - no matter where he finds himself in this, as you call it, "giant oligarchy of evil".

might have to turn against those at the highest

Possibly, if it turned out that way. If those at the highest levels, as you put it, were exposed as "evil", they would quickly (if Masons) find themselves expelled from the Fraternity. Futhermore, if such "evil" corrupt individuals were discovered to exist and found to operate the levers of power; then, as good citizens, some of us Masons - maybe most of us; but, certainly I would "fight" them - at the polls and within the lawful political processes of our respective countries - certainly within the law of our respective lands, and most certainly through the democratic process here in my part of the world.

posted on Jul, 15 2018 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

I really liked this. The mighty Q definitely came to mind at this part:

one also wonders if perhaps native guides led those men deliberately to there demise and left them once they had taken deep enough into the desert and had them lost - always with the promise of just a little further - enough so that they knew they could not then return

You are familiar with Q, yes?

<< 4  5  6   >>

join