It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US UK trade deal in jeopardy.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 04:57 AM
link   
a reply to: ArmyOf

I had a great commander in the AF who once told us not to be the "loud American" cuz you make us ALL look bad. have some great allies, and will do AT(after Trump). In the mean time he is ripping up the old playbook, and I am enjoying this new game.

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 05:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Trump is a psycho!

Killary is a criminal. See, we both have personal opinions

He actually threatened the NATO countries he'd leave NATO!

He did indeed questioned the fairness of the member states contributions. he also ripped a new @sshole of Germany by simply asking how is it fair that germany wants the US to defend them from Russia yet sending billions of dollars TO Russia on a new gas deal? A great question I might add. Not to mention Germany's reply which was, let a nation decide who they do business with, let the NATO not tell that nation what to do... Fair game I guess when it is about their skin. What a f@#k about the migrant crisis, mandatory quota for EU nations????? I guess Germany can decide shoulder to shouldes with Brussels about that, but not when is it about german business right? The hypocricy there is out of this world.

then insulted May

With what? By saying its not the US best interest to deal with the UK if there is a soft Brexit? He was right again there. Slighly better opportunities dealing with the EU...

The Mayor of London

I applaude him to insult that POS. Since he is the mayor of London, the crime rate is in the sky, and that POS most important thing to do is allow to insult a sitting US president by a patethic ballon... And you are angry that Trump doesnt give a flying f..k about the UK? They do a lot for that reaction buddy...

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 07:15 AM
link   
a reply to: DanDanDat

Because everything Trump says is true, they don't like to hear it, but in the end they agree. That's why NATO countries have agreed to increased spending.

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 07:20 AM
link   
a reply to: bastion

Yes how dare Trump ask them why they are asking him to protect them from Russia ... as they increase their dependence on Russia with new energy deals.

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 07:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

Because everything Trump says is true, they don't like to hear it, but in the end they agree. That's why NATO countries have agreed to increased spending.

Ohh, I see your problem you take everything President Trump says as factual

www.washingtonpost.com... c0e

www.ft.com...

Trump is a compulsive liar

edit on 13-7-2018 by Whereismypassword because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 07:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Whereismypassword

You're boring.

NATO Secretary General Jens Stoltenberg tells CNN's Barbara Starr that when it comes to defense spending among NATO allies, all countries agree they need to invest more.

www.cnn.com...

I am not quoting Trump, but NATO.

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 07:54 AM
link   
How can an American President Have such a profound effect in Britain?

www.foxnews.com...

Theresa May couldn't say anything to freak out American leadership and citizens, could she?

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 07:55 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Because they wanted Brexit and do not like how May is doing it.

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Cuz they hate when the colonies make the motherland look small. Lol

Seriously though, Britz get pretty uppety about everything the US does or doesnt do. The BBC feeds that anger by reporting the bad side of things.
Its only about half of the UK in reality. And Fox is overblowing that. What Trump was saying is that if the UK passses Brexit as May has it now.....then legally they wont be able to make their own deal. They will have to get permission from their President....you know.....the guy that outranks the Prime Minister, in Brussells, whats his name.
a reply to: carewemust

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Its not in jeopardy if Brexit does happen (I am beginning to think it wont), a deal will be struck and we will work together.

Yes trump said mean things... have people not been paying attention, he says mean things then walks it back and takes the route that works best for him. Its a form of negotiation that usually isn't seen on the political scale because it ruffles the feathers of people on the receiving end.

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Trump says things for effect , then the opposite happens when the reality of a situation becomes apparent.
Don't listen to what he says watch what he does.

Trump calls the Sun interview and his claims about Brexit Fake News.

You really couldn't make it up.

edit on 13-7-2018 by gortex because: Edit to add video

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 11:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

Nah, Trump asked nations to double the contribution to 4%, it failed and the original 2014 2% agreement by 2025still stands, according to everyone present except Trump.

www.reuters.com...
--
BRUSSELS (Reuters) - U.S. President Donald Trump told NATO leaders on Wednesday they should increase their defense spending to 4 percent of their country’s economic output, double the group’s current goal of two percent.

NATO allies shrugged off the demand as part and parcel of Trump’s brash push for allies to spend more on their own defense at a summit in Brussels, with a quip from the alliance’s chief that it should aim to meet its goal before reaching further.

“We should first get to 2 pct,” NATO Secretary-General Jens Stoltenberg, adding that eight of the 29 allies were meeting that target, while others had a plan to do - turning a leaf on years of defense budget cuts.
-----

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Satire:

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 12:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: ipsedixit
Satire:

That is pretty funny.

I am so stealing that.

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

Go for it.

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: bastion

And you have no clue what you are talking about. What Trump wants is them to increase spending. They admitted they need to do it and it's a problem. Learn about negotiations. If you want 3% you don't ask for 3%, you start with something higher.

Now show me where Trump actually said everyone agreed to 4%, I never saw that.

posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 09:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123

originally posted by: MiddleInsite
a reply to: eXia7

Most of us don't have a problem with Trump asking our allies to carry their fair share of the load, but please, not at the same time he's sucking Kim Jong Un and Putin's dicks. Don't you guys get or see that?
Umm, see what? Your delusions? Of course you'll think that about Trump, all talk and no substance.

All talk and no substance, yet Trump has accomplished more with the economy in 1 year than Obama did in 8 years. Give me a break. The guy is for America, and thats good enough for me.

My cup over runneth with liberal tears.

posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 09:49 AM
link   
a reply to: eXia7

It's a tricky course he has plotted, short term gain may actually come at the cost of long term stability, as long as he is at the helm it may be safe but once a less business talented president takes over from either or other party's then continued success in that venture is not a given.
Alienating trading partners is not always a wise strategy but then again getting out of a bumb deal to gain your nation better one's is only common sense when you look at it.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join