It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BlackFly – the newest flying car

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2018 @ 06:53 PM
link   
With roads filling up more and more and space in most city centres at a premium the flying car has always been seen as the next step

and it would seem with the advent of drone tech that the fusion has arrived......not much of a car really but

BlackFly – the newest flying car

BlackFly is latest attempt at flying car

While the vehicle will not require a pilot's licence, Opener said as a precaution riders would have to undergo a training programme in order to become acquainted.

No pilot license required

2d causes enough issues for most motorists, will another dimension set us free?

“When you press the thumb-stick to climb, you have absolute full control. When you stop in the middle of the air and go off the joystick, the aircraft freezes.

I guess if these things become available on the open market you can get ready for some new UFO videos to dissect, no CGI just 007

posted on Jul, 12 2018 @ 06:56 PM
link   
a reply to: UpIsNowDown

I saw it on tv. Looks feasible but battery will only last 30 mins. Looked pretty stable and easy to pilot.

posted on Jul, 12 2018 @ 07:00 PM
link   
a reply to: pavil

30mins...ouch

I hope there is a built in auto land after 25min, otherwise it will be like some disaster movie on sci fi, with these contraptions falling from the sky during rush hour (more like 3hours...grrrr)

posted on Jul, 12 2018 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Im IN.

How much?

Imagine all those habitual drunk drivers out there drooling to get into one of thems LOL.

posted on Jul, 12 2018 @ 07:13 PM
link   
What could possibly go wrong ? thousands of them flying wherever they please ? Distracted fliers, texting fliers...

posted on Jul, 12 2018 @ 07:15 PM
link   
It’s all good while it’s perfect weather outside...

posted on Jul, 12 2018 @ 09:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

That limitation exists for rockets to commercial air liners all the way down to birds.

Stable air and stable flight conditions are a given.

posted on Jul, 12 2018 @ 10:37 PM
link   
20 to 30 minute flight time, low speed, unable to carry more than 250 pounds, seems to be impractical for any other use but as an expensive toy.

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 12:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: SR1TX

originally posted by: underwerks

That limitation exists for rockets to commercial air liners all the way down to birds.

Stable air and stable flight conditions are a given.

I don’t know, I’ve been through some pretty rough storms on an airplane before. I can see a sudden hailstorm shattering those propellers.

Until something is figured out or the flying cars can fly above the weather like airplanes I don’t think the flying car will be feasible for every day transportation.

It’d be fun to ride in though, but so would a lawn chair with a bunch of drones attached to it.

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 02:15 AM
link   
looks like a fun toy. doesn't need a licence? and from the one article from the OP, can't fly at night or over urban centers (so much for being a "flying car" to ease traffic). i guess that means it falls into the category of "ultralight". which is the likely reason why it only has a half hour of flight. any more batteries and i bet it gets pushed over the weight limitation for that class of aircraft. but it does look like a fun toy to play with if you have land, and are in the middle of nowhere.

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 03:52 AM
link   
Can't ever see a proper flying car becoming reality as long as big petrol companies are around.
They'll buy it and bury it

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 06:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: SecretKnowledge
Can't ever see a proper flying car becoming reality as long as big petrol companies are around.
They'll buy it and bury it

you likely won't see flying cars become a reality, but not because of petroleum companies. if that were the case they would already be around, using gas motors just like most aircraft. nor would it be due to automobile companies, which again, they would be building the things. the real reason is safety. most people seem to have enough issues trying to be safe driving in a two dimensional reality being just worried about what is in front, behind, and beside them. and they can't even do that safely. forget about adding a third dimension where you also need to also worry about what is above and below you. can you imagine the accidents if these same idiots were flying? there would be even more, and deadlier accidents than we have now. and who would have the right of way? what about stop signs and stop lights, would we have to build 100 foot towers everywhere to mount such things? what would determine what height you need to fly at? seriously it would be one heck of a cluster f*** in the air. just picture vehicles raining down as they crash into each other, the way cars have always crashed into each other driving on the ground. taking out any vehicles, pedestrians and buildings below them.

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 06:39 AM
link   

I had always thought a car, as in automobile, had wheels. I did see any on this thing.

Maybe it should be redubbed as a flying boat. That is what the bottom appears to be.

Still looks like fun, but 30 mins. is way to short a time span. If it doesn't go at 200 m/h, I could walk and get there safer.

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 07:04 AM
link   
Pitch most of the batteries and put in a generator.

YEEE HAWWWW!!!

Hold My Beer!!

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Will never happen in our lifetime due to safety concerns. Look into how much maintenance is required for planes and helicopters.

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 07:31 AM
link   
a reply to: generik

They will happen, but with a mandatory autopilot. You'll just be telling it your destination and the machine will do the flying. So it will be more like a personal transport drone.
edit on 13-7-2018 by moebius because: typo

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 07:35 AM
link   
a reply to: moebius

You are completely missing the actual reason they do not exist, and autopilot has nothing to do with it. Maintenance does.

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Well that's fine if you have a nice soft field to land in. Why no basic rudimentary landing gear? First touchdown in a parking lot and you've scratched the paint.

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 09:21 AM
link   

How many licenses are required to fly the thing about 4?

Health and safety/insurance concerns in this day of age combined with the factor for human error will prevent these things from ever becoming mainstream.

Which is sad really if the tech does what it says on the tin.

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Ummm...holy eff...I freaking want one...

YouSir

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join