It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Capping Prescriptions Cost Act of 2018

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2018 @ 11:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
Will that count with cancer "chemo" (drug) treatments that they charge $10,000 and up per IV-bags worth?

When will people finally trip to the fact that there is no "healthcare" plan anywhere in America?

What we *do* have is a Disease Management Plan. There is no real money in making people well. The real money comes from keeping us just sick enough that we live for a long time but require lots of doctor visits and prescription meds over time.

It is now and always has been about the Benjamins. Welcome to Healthcare American Style.

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 12:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler

originally posted by: FyreByrd
I can assume from the repies, that all are in favor of single-payer health care as ACA didn't take care of these 'details'.

Not a very good assumption. In fact, I don't see where you got that from the replies at all.

Of course not, honey.

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 12:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: stosh64
a reply to: FyreByrd

Could be a great idea, the problem is I made it this far and stopped reading.

A new bill introduced by Democratic members of both houses of Congress will take "real action to protect families" from high prescription drug costs instead of providing a "photo op" for President Donald Trump

They need to grow TF up and stop acting like petulant children.

Unfortunately they did in the article. Personally I'd like everyone, especially to stop talking at all about #45, it's counterproductive to everything.

The actual bill is the meat of the article - thanks for taking the time to real it in full.

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 08:31 PM
link   

I don't see any provision stating that manufacturers have to continue to make a drug they have patent on if they can't make money on it. I would imagine a lot of drugs will be pulled from the market.

posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 03:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bramble Iceshimmer

I don't see any provision stating that manufacturers have to continue to make a drug they have patent on if they can't make money on it. I would imagine a lot of drugs will be pulled from the market.

You are probably correct.

Blackmail or another good reason to publicly fund all medical care and research for the common good.

posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 03:38 AM
link   
To be these geniuses didn't consider this when they had the power (but not the will) to address this before finishing the ACA.

Don't about anyone else but that was my first thought years ago... you are going to force insurance to cover these people but continue to let them charge whatever they feel like, yea train wreck incoming.

posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 03:42 AM
link   

Blimey a prescription costs around just under a tenner over here.....
edit on 14-7-2018 by testingtesting because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join