It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Water is not essential to life.

page: 3
6
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2018 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Mast cells (the cells responsible for allergic reactions) are mostly located in places like the throat. Not the blood.




posted on Jul, 12 2018 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: WillSawyet

No, it doesn't. Their throat does not close up, it's painful. Pretty sure it only lasts a few hours and then the pain goes away.



posted on Jul, 12 2018 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Oh my. This has to be a prank LOL.



posted on Jul, 12 2018 @ 03:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
a reply to: WillSawyet

You know, the water that is in your body, your blood, your cells. What do you think happens to water when you drink it, where do you think it goes?

Nothing is getting through.

Lost cause.




posted on Jul, 12 2018 @ 03:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
Oh my. This has to be a prank LOL.

Or pure Internet stupidity.

I'm for that one.



posted on Jul, 12 2018 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: WillSawyet

You clearly do not understand the human body and it's functioning. Mast cells line arteries, you know, the place where blood is, you know, the substance that is over 90% water.



posted on Jul, 12 2018 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Jefferton

My wife is at work and I am actually really bored watching stupid Netflix movies.



posted on Jul, 12 2018 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Then how come those people in those articles are not dead of a massive allergic reaction?



posted on Jul, 12 2018 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: WillSawyet

Bingo. Because water is not an allergen, if it was they would be dead. Glad you are getting it.



posted on Jul, 12 2018 @ 03:21 PM
link   
DP
edit on 12-7-2018 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)



posted on Jul, 12 2018 @ 03:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
a reply to: Jefferton

My wife is at work and I am actually really bored watching stupid Netflix movies.

Hey me too!




posted on Jul, 12 2018 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: WillSawyet

I'm assuming you have a diagnosis from a licensed MD as to your condition?

Yes I read them. Does not change what the actual medical community has to say, nor does it mean you have aquagenic urticaria unless you have been diagnosed by a qualified specialist.

Are you self diagnosing?



posted on Jul, 12 2018 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

So then why do their throats swell up and cause severe allergy symptoms (potentially life threatening according to the Heidi article) when they drink it but not milk, orange juice, etc?



posted on Jul, 12 2018 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: WillSawyet

Because milk is not as good a solvent as pure water. Basic chemistry. You can also look into osmosis and what the difference of pure water and milk would be as it relates to osmotic pressure.

Milk and other drinks DO cause them pain. Just less, the first part of my post explains why.

Milk is 90% water, if this was a real water allergy milk would kill them.
edit on 12-7-2018 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)



posted on Jul, 12 2018 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

What does the solvent ability have to do with allergic reactions?



posted on Jul, 12 2018 @ 03:32 PM
link   
a reply to: WillSawyet

I admit I did not really read your sources as I didn't need to. Are you claiming none of your sources talk about water being a solvent for the actual allergen? That's a leading theory so I am surprised.

Now how about you respond to the rest of my post. Milk is 90% water, if these people are allergic to water, why doesn't milk kill them?
edit on 12-7-2018 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)



posted on Jul, 12 2018 @ 03:33 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

No, they speak as if the H2O molecule in itself is what is causing the mast cells to fire.



posted on Jul, 12 2018 @ 03:33 PM
link   
So have we just added another statement of fact to the DHMO faq sheet? Dihydrogen Monoxide is a deadly allergen, known to dissolve living flesh and suffocate recreational users in minutes?

And people drink this organic solvent toxin?

I'm with you OP. Though using milk in my soda stream to make fizzy soda, needs tweaking.



posted on Jul, 12 2018 @ 03:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: WillSawyet
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

No, they speak as if the H2O molecule in itself is what is causing the mast cells to fire.

I don't want to call you a liar so I will read your sources. I would bet a million dollars they don't say that.



posted on Jul, 12 2018 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Well they call it an allergy to water, not ''an allergy to substances IN the water''



new topics

top topics



 
6
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

log in

join