It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Water is not essential to life.

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Would the OP be the same person who is posting this exact kind of crap all over Reddit? Is it you “buttbuttaface”?
www.reddit.com...

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Very successful troll sir - I congratulate you
Come back in a year & let me know how that "I only drink soda" thing is working out for you.

Best of luck

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Have you considered that its not actually h2o but impurities, minerals in water?

Pure water is actually dangerous because it will literally suck the minerals right out of your body.

What happens with living organisms such as a fruit, cow, or your body is that these impurities are removed and the suitable levels of salts, acids, minerals and whatever is reached. Im no expert.

Also drinks such as soda the water is heavily filtered or distilled because of all the processes, how it might affect the machinery and in turn the final product.
edit on 13-7-2018 by EnigmaticDill because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Has anyone heard of water clusters? Some of the structures of those can be hundreds of molecules big en.wikipedia.org... [nofollow]

I'm wondering if for instance tap water (and other 'undisturbed' water) could have lots of these water clusters and if they're large enough for IgE receptors to 'recognize' them? For instance does the body see a water cluster as separate molecules or one huge molecule?

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 11:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: EnigmaticDill
Have you considered that its not actually h2o but impurities, minerals in water?

Pure water is actually dangerous because it will literally suck the minerals right out of your body.

What happens with living organisms such as a fruit, cow, or your body is that these impurities are removed and the suitable levels of salts, acids, minerals and whatever is reached. Im no expert.

Apparently the girl still reacts when she drinks milk but it isn't bad. Also the allergy is diagnosed by putting tap water on the skin and then if they react to distilled water a water allergy is concluded and diagnosed.

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Thats interesting the reaction to distilled. Like others have mentioned why would saliva not cause a reaction? I have heard of sweating causing it though.

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Thats interesting the reaction to distilled. Like others have mentioned why would saliva not cause a reaction? I have heard of sweating causing it though.

Could it be maybe saliva doesn't contain water clusters? Water clusters are when many water molecules join together to form huge structures, like this - en.wikipedia.org...

So I'm wondering if maybe the tap and distilled water contains these water clusters (which look as big as proteins) and the body sees them as foreign/one big molecule but not H2O by itself since it's too small. Maybe the orange juice etc is disturbing the clusters before they can form. Thoughts?
edit on 13-7-2018 by WillSawyet because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 11:22 PM
link   
You have me intrigued.

Some others should take care to remember why sites like this exist instead of immediately discarding and ridiculing we already have enough an assault on freedom of speech.

edit on 13-7-2018 by EnigmaticDill because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 11:23 PM
link   

You have me intrigued.

Some others should take care to remember why sites like this exist instead of immediately discarding and ridiculing will already have enough an assault on freedom of speech.

What are your thoughts on the water cluster thing?

And yeah, I was going to post it on a science forum but I thought not, since it's kind of out there but I can't think of any other good forums to post this on so I came here.

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 11:29 PM
link   
I'll have to do some reading on it. Im definitely open to the idea other factors besides just the content of the water but perhaps the molecular structuring.

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Also I will add that water may not be essential to life in general but it certainly is a big part of life on this planet. Most everything would wither away and die in little time.

Water is also an oxidizer.

Heres something I was just reading on reddit as well.

"Reduction and oxidation is about how many electrons an atom gains or loses in a reaction. First, removing electrons is called oxidation, while adding them is called reduction (charge of the atom is 'reduced' since electrons are negatively charged. The term 'oxidation' is chosen because throughout science history, oxygen was and is recognized as a strong electron acceptor).
Second, when two atoms bind, they both donate an electron to the bond, to form a pair. When two atoms of different elements bind, one will pull both electrons just a little bit more towards itself than the other, so in this context we also speak about : oxidation = an atom has electrons pulled away from it, and reduction = an atom pulls the negatively charged electrons towards itself"

posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 05:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: BigDave-AR
Would the OP be the same person who is posting this exact kind of crap all over Reddit? Is it you “buttbuttaface”?
www.reddit.com...

Ahha. Vury interdasting.

posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 05:07 AM
link   

You have me intrigued.

Some others should take care to remember why sites like this exist instead of immediately discarding and ridiculing we already have enough an assault on freedom of speech.

But whatever the cause is, water is not an allergen.

Something funky with the genetics of the individuals, or there would be more than 3 cases, and we'd all be water wary. None of this "stay hydrated!" nonsense.

posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 05:12 AM
link   
a reply to: EnigmaticDill

Yes? Water is an organic solvent. It will erode an entire mountain into dust, given enough time. It burns metal via conflagration so slow, that all you see is rust. But it is essential to life, just as oxygen is. Try not drinking water in any form - any liquid - and not breathing air. You will expire.

We are addicted to this planet. The side effects of going without it, are terminal.

posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Then drink coconut water. It's healthy and you get your H20, way healthier than soda.

I am pretty sure there is something in the water itself that is causing the problems, should test that by drinking some distilled water and see if you have the same reactions.

posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 09:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: ZombieZygote
I can't tell if this is a serious thread, or an attempt at humor...🤔

More likely paid forum posting/astro-turf PR for the Cola industry.

What about swallowing your own saliva?
Meat is 70% water?

And yes, of course, Soda is sugar and water.

Water is the most ubiquitous substance on the planet.

posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: WillSawyet

uh... so like 2/3 of everyone's body including those that are allergic to water is literally comprised of the very same water molecules that they happen to be allergic to... not to mention that the main ingredient of: soda, milk, OJ, piss, etc. is: *drum-roll* freakin' WATER! Now i'm not disputing outright... perhaps being aware that they are ingesting water causes the allergic reaction? whereas if they are not technically aware that their particular beverage of choice just happens to contain water but they are somehow oblivious to it i guess means that they are AOK... o.0

On a side note... i'm now wondering if it is possible to create an allergy simply by deciding that you are allergic to something...

posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 01:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: SummerRain

originally posted by: BigDave-AR
www.reddit.com...

Ahha. Vury interdasting.
I thought it was a pretty good find myself

posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 01:27 PM
link   
DP
edit on 7/14/2018 by BigDave-AR because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 01:34 PM
link   
You could try drinking bleach.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join