It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Water is not essential to life.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2018 @ 02:37 PM
link   
The doctors tell me it's unhealthy but my brother works at a warehouse that sells soda and he often brings boxes of soda back home and I've been drinking those, H2O is also an allergen and I already have a lot of allergies so I try to avoid potential allergens and never heard of anyone allergic to cola, dr pepper etc. I'm not dehydrated at all but I kind of worry about my teeth at times.

It takes roughly a week to replace your body's entire liquid content so it's safe to say my body is now 70% cola and dr pepper and my cells don't seem to be complaining! If water is really so ''essential'' to life then how come I'm still alive and kicking?

There are also people who are allergic to H2O, so allergic in fact that taking a sip of water would cause their throat to swell up and potentially kill them, so instead they survive on cola, orange juice and milk, and do not have any reaction.

By the way, in case people don't believe me about the water allergy thing, here's a series of news articles about that very thing -
www.birminghammail.co.uk...

www.bbc.com...

www.itv.com...
They cannot drink water at all, instead they opt for diet cola, milk or orange juice, which brings them no harm.

So the whole thing about water being essential to life is a blatant lie, they always talk about how Mars for instance must have water to support life but because it doesn't have water then there's zero chance of extraterrestrial life living there, but there's people on Earth who have went without water for decades and are still alive and kicking. I think it's just a lie by the water companies to sell water, ever noticed how expensive bottled water is compared to sodas?

+82 more 
posted on Jul, 12 2018 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: WillSawyet

Every single soda drink is flavoured H2O.

posted on Jul, 12 2018 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

Then how do you explain how people allergic to H2O (to the point they could die of their throat swelling shut if they drink just a sip of water!) can drink soda, milk, juice etc without it bothering them?

www.bbc.com...

www.itv.com...

+40 more 
posted on Jul, 12 2018 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Water is not an allergen.

+35 more 
posted on Jul, 12 2018 @ 02:44 PM
link   

I don't need to explain it when the explanation is in the articles.

The woman in the article can't drink soda either because it's flavoured water.

posted on Jul, 12 2018 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Your reactions are probably from the poison in the water. Like Fluorine.
edit on 12-7-2018 by slapjacks because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2018 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: slapjacks

Explain these?
They also have an allergic reaction in their throat if they drink water.

www.bbc.com...

www.itv.com...

posted on Jul, 12 2018 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Except one of them survives on ''copious amounts of diet coke'' which her body tolerates.

+40 more 
posted on Jul, 12 2018 @ 02:47 PM
link   
I can't tell if this is a serious thread, or an attempt at humor...🤔

posted on Jul, 12 2018 @ 02:48 PM
link   

I love this thread already... lol Let the debate begin!

posted on Jul, 12 2018 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Aquagenic urticaria, also known as water allergy and water urticaria, is a rarely diagnosed form of physical urticaria. The defining symptom is a painful skin reaction resulting from contact with water. It is sometimes described as an allergy, although it is not a true histamine-releasing allergic reaction like other forms of urticaria. This seems to not be affected by different temperatures of water, such as cold or hot, or chemicals such as fluorine and chlorine, since it is reproduced with distilled water and medical saline.

link   
My son tells me I drink to much coffee and not enough water. I tell him, I make that coffee out of water not gasoline. So, I get plenty of water intake. It's just light & sweet coffee flavored version of water

edit on 12-7-2018 by openyourmind1262 because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: ZombieZygote
I can't tell if this is a serious thread, or an attempt at humor...🤔

This is a serious thread. Read the links I provided.

+4 more 
posted on Jul, 12 2018 @ 02:50 PM
link   
What exactly do you think is the main ingredient in any liquid you drink or any fruit or vegetable you eat?

I think you need to re-phrase the title to say drinking water isn't essential. People can live off of foods with high water content and not drink water.

posted on Jul, 12 2018 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: slapjacks

You are referring to a skin condition.
If you read the news links, you'd see they also react internally if they drink water so clearly this is not the same thing. They require epi pens given to them by doctors.

+11 more 
posted on Jul, 12 2018 @ 02:51 PM
link   
I can't believe even one person was dumb enough to flag this.

Yes, just live off of soda. No harmful h20 effects for you.
Just....

posted on Jul, 12 2018 @ 02:53 PM
link   
You can survive off of fruit alone without drinking anything, because there is water in the fruit.

Apply this to your logic.

posted on Jul, 12 2018 @ 02:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: WillSawyet

Then how do you explain how people allergic to H2O (to the point they could die of their throat swelling shut if they drink just a sip of water!) can drink soda, milk, juice etc without it bothering them?

www.bbc.com...

www.itv.com...

Water doesn't cause allergic reactions.

Take a basic chemistry class for god sake!

+7 more 
posted on Jul, 12 2018 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Water is not essential to life.

Yeah, but beer is.. and beer is made with water, so water is essential to Life.

posted on Jul, 12 2018 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Um, did you even read those articles?
I'm guessing not.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join