It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Heroin, the scourge of society, how do we fix it?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 11:00 AM
link   
That has been an interesting catch up read of exchanges

It seems most peopleare thinking the same about legalising it to remove the criminal profit.
I stand by my thoughts about paying more taxes IF the government dedicated it to addiction services and rehab.
The current situation is definitely not working though.

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 11:11 AM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

"The current situation is definitely not working though."

Depends on one's definition.

I mean its working just fine for the people who turn a profit.

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Only those that have never wandered the path or those with no empathy. Believe ostracising and locking up people is a fix to any problem. Society is the problem!

People can lead comfortable productive lives if they could use safe legal opiates. That did not cost them an arm and a leg. They would be financial stable, empathetic, caring members of society. Funding their habit and societies stigma increases their downfall. Yet they are pushed to the fringes of the black market, to crime and prostitution just to get by. Life is painful, opiates make it bearable for some.

Through a lack of understanding and acceptance user's are made to believe they are the scum of the earth. It is just a plant and in a pure extraction safer than the new synthetic crap flooding the streets and less detrimental to your health than liqour! Alcohol is legal, and I can tell you an opiate user who could source safe regulated amounts of opium are nicer people than raging alcoholics.
edit on 13-7-2018 by aliensanonymous because: Legalise opium!

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Bastards profiting from misery and broken lives.
From Afghan to street level, bastards all of them.
It's the only drug I've never tried because I have a bit of an addictive personality so no way I could trust myself.

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: aliensanonymous

I'm not sure any opiate addiction is good for people though. I have a taste for Tramadol, but I control myself and only keep them for injuries etc.
I agree about alcoholics though, alcohol is one of the worst drugs for ruining lives.

(post by andy06shake removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 02:31 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 04:57 PM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

Destroy poppy fields and make it a death sentence to import it to us.

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 06:20 PM
link   
a reply to: proteus33

How do you destroy all the poppy fields?

Need to realize that for certain nations the poppy fields are pretty much all they have by way of generating revenue.

As to making it a death sentence for importation, well there goes half the government officials, politicians, and Police that are involved in not only preventing drugs from being imported but also import them themselves and distribute them to mid-level dealers throughout the nation.

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 06:58 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 07:13 PM
link   
a reply to: ufoorbhunter

I remember this one.

Or this one.

edit on 13-7-2018 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Closed for review.

i) Narcotics and illicit mind-altering substances, legal or otherwise: discussing personal use or personal experiences as the result of such substances is not allowed in any form.

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 07:15 PM
link   

edit on 13-7-2018 by burdman30ott6 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join