It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shag Harbour UFO incident.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 04:06 AM
link   
I searched and couldn't find any threads on this UFO incident.
Do many people believe that an actual UFO crashed into the harbour in Nova Scotia? Was there any retrieval of debris or of alien bodies?
The actual event happened on Oct.6 1967., there were many witnesses and the RCMP stated that they were dealing with a UFO crash.
Any insights on this? I also heard of a guy who took a photo of the alleged UFO hours before it crashed but couldn't find it. Anyone got a link?

www3.ns.sympatico.ca...
www.ufoarea.com...

Also, there are other reports of UFOs in and around Nova Scotia.
www.hbccufo.org...

Finally, anyone got a link to this video, and info in whether it's been debunked?
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Shag Harbor is regarded by most to be a fraud. I believe Kevin Randle goes into this well in "The UFO Casebook"....

The UFO crash video is also highly regarded as a fraud, and for some pretty valid reasons imho...

I'm a believer, as anyone can tell, but you gotta call 'em like you see 'em too.....

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 01:58 AM
link   
Thanx Gazrok,

I am really enjoying your "Case for Roswell" threads! KUTGW!!

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 02:12 AM
link   
While I can not prove anything, I only wish I'd had my camera on watch with me when this incident happened-

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Anyhow, I do not easily discount the Shag Harbor incident. Maybe because of what happened in my situation, I dunno. I keep hoping one day a NAVO scientist will read this and possibly explain.

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 02:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
Shag Harbor is regarded by most to be a fraud. I believe Kevin Randle goes into this well in "The UFO Casebook"....

Where did you hear that Shag Harbor was a fraud, besides from Kevin Randle? I could be mistaken, but I was under the impression that it was a solid case.

Also, Kevin Randle...I can't figure out whether he's a skeptic or a UFO researcher. He seems to buy Roswell (the alien crash explation), but discount everything else. He confuses me....

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 02:34 AM
link   
I found a pic somewhere on the web last year, supposedly showing the Shag Harbour object, underwater. The picture got my attention, as it shows a distinct green round glow. It was what I saw in the Indian Ocean-
I also thought the Shag Harbour incident was very well documented, and about as credible as they come. Too many people saw the object.

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Where did you hear that Shag Harbor was a fraud, besides from Kevin Randle? I could be mistaken, but I was under the impression that it was a solid case.

Also, Kevin Randle...I can't figure out whether he's a skeptic or a UFO researcher. He seems to buy Roswell (the alien crash explation), but discount everything else. He confuses me....

Let me check to be sure I'm not mixing this case up with another...(possibly I'll look tonight when I get home). I'm a pretty skeptical guy myself, despite being a believer. I've actually met and spoken with Kevin Randle, and Don Schmitt (who collaborated with him on some Roswell projects, met them at a Sci Fi con in Atlanta). Both struck me as pretty decent guys and sincere in their quest (though Schmitt sometimes is too accepting without concrete info). If the case I'm thinking of is correct (I often mix up Shag with another similar case), then the evidence for it being a hoax is pretty solid, but again, I'll double check before coming back to this thread. (and will present the evidence if I've got the right case).

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flinx

That was my impression too... But I dont know.

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Sorry about that, yes I did get it confused with another case. The other case I'm thinking of mentions finding "slag", and I usually confuse this with the name "Shag" of the harbor, as the other case also involves a UFO crash and a harbor. My bad...
Hey, nobody's perfect.

I did a quick look just to see, and sure enough, I was getting it mixed up yet again... I'll probably be adding Shag Harbor to my list of incidents to revisit...

The case I'm thinking of involved alleged pieces retrieved from an exploding UFO, and a downed aircraft with military pilots, etc. It was a pretty convoluted set of bizarre circumstances, fraud, etc. but this is NOT the Shag Harbor case, so again, my bad....

[edit on 22-2-2005 by Gazrok]

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Gaz, you probably know I am a hard core skeptic, but even I think there might be something to shag harbor.
Plus its got such a great name.

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 08:54 AM
link   
From what I saw on the History Channel, An Object or Ojects reported crashed in Shag Harbor, It was reported as an Airplane crash Not a UFO crash at first. Divers reports weird yellow oil type substance on the surface. But no wreakage etc. Now they say the unoffical story and this was suposedly agreeed upun by the Navy divers that dove it. The craft made its way up to Goverment point at that Time a US Navy Base on Canadian Soil. It set off its Underwater Sub Grid and "A Floatila of boats" Sat above it. They said they dove on it and saw actually things moving around in it etc. and that there was more then one.

It then went out to the bay of Nova Scotia about a week later, left the water and flew away.

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Very interesting, I am still on the fence when it comes to these crashes, and the main reason is why do these "craft" always crash away from heavily populated areas? Maybe they know they are in trouble/losing control and steer the craft towards sparcely populated areas? Sorry for answering my own question!

But why are these so called extremely sofisticated craft, losing control and crashing so often? Sorry to go a bit off the topic, just "think-typing". If what ShiftTrio says happened, then they didn't crash as such, just stopped off to view the bottom of the harbour, then flew off again. Were they repairing their ship?

The only really (I'll say 'nearly') believable evidence of an alien craft is the incident at Roswell, and thanks to people like Gazrok, I am leaning toward this one being true.

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Many researchers (myself included) believe the early crashes were due to them being unfamiliar powerful radar arrays and how they could affect their drive mechanism. I don't think it's too difficult to believe that they would be so beyond something like radar, that it was likely an unforeseen issue. Indeed, most crashes happened during a short period of time, and most well-documented ones (what few there are) were near powerful radar arrays (which weren't exactly common as they were new at the time in question). I don't think it was alien incompetence, simply an unforeseen complication. Seems even aliens are subject to Murphy's Law, hehe...

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Has anyone done a correlation between alleged crashes and the placement of powerful radar arrays? This would be interesting to see if there really is any correlation. Are there any other criteria that is the same in all or most alleged alien crashes, like near military bases, near nuclear testing sites, etc ?

I would not know where to start with finding all the info needed for that kind of study, it would be a major task, if there is anyone with time to do it, I'm sure that it would be very useful. Maybe there already is a report or something showing all the correlating data ?

[edit on 24-3-2005 by celticniall]

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Heh, I wooed a girl called Harbour and sure enough she was a slag!

Didn't Canada have something to say about this case?

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Hi guys, first time poster and lurker of a few years here.

There is a old radar base that is no longer used near Shag Harbour. It's located to the east in Baccro not far from the lighthouse in the area.

I've seen the base as a few times when I was younger and there is a huge white dome covering a large radar array.

Here's a mapquest map that shows the rough locations. Map
Baccro is to the east of Cape Sable Island and Shag Harbour is to the West directly to the North and West of Bear Point where I lived for 5 years and where my mother still lives.

[edit on 24-3-2005 by Morjit]

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Didn't the craft crash somewhere else first?

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Didn't the craft crash somewhere else first?

No it crashed in Shag Harbour first in sight of the shore. Fishermen from Shag Harbour used their fishing boats to help search for what they thought was a crashed plane. Then as far as I can remember it travled underwater to a area near Shelburne near the old naval base.

[edit on 24-3-2005 by Morjit]

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 02:41 AM
link   
I have read on various websites of a distinct correllation between nuclear facilities and UFO sightings. Do you think that they may be monitoring our progress in this area?

"On numerous occasions, UFOs have been reported over nuclear power plants as well as nuclear research facilities and nuclear weapons storage bunkers at military bases. (1) A good percentage of these reports occurred at highly restricted government research and production facilities, such as Los Alamos, Oak Ridge, Hanford AEC, and Savannah River AEC. Highly trained government scientists and military personnel, who had been granted top-secret military clearances, made many of these reports"
www.ufoevidence.org...
www.cufon.org...

This is an interesting phenomenon, and the frequency of sightings around military installations is also very interesting. What may this tell us about the puropse of these visits? They don't seem to be interested in the average human on the planet, but more on our technology and military strength. Why? Are they waiting till we get to a certain stage in our advancement before full disclosure? UFOs have been spotted many times over cities, etc as well; why?

Why watch us, and not interact? Are they waiting for something?
I have many questions regarding the UFO subject, I only wish someone somewhere would give me answers.

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 04:28 AM
link   
maybe the craft didnt crash maybe it was retrieving something underwater.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join