It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trey Gowdy vs. Peter Strzok At House Hearing...More Drama Between Dems And Republicans

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2018 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kharron
a reply to: shawmanfromny

You do get this man volunteered to be there and answer any questions that he legally can? You understand people on ATS were cheering his decision to testify and were saying it would be the end of FBI, just a week or two ago?

And now you're ripping into him and think his face looks untrustworthy?

It's almost as if you didn't understand he was there of his own will, and you thought he was subpoenaed and is trying to avoid questions. Almost.

The guys talks about having an insurance policy against Trump and then claims his bias didn't interfere with this investigation? What The F was the insurance policy and why aren't you concerned about that?

posted on Jul, 12 2018 @ 02:27 PM
link   
So... Gowdy asks him a question that he says he can not or will not answer. The chairman guy breaks in and seems to be reading from a script.

I noticed that at around the 4:50 mark he turns a page.

How is it that he has this hearing scripted?

And damn, how many times have we heard from all different types of officials that they cannot comment on an ongoing investigation?

posted on Jul, 12 2018 @ 02:41 PM
link   

You do get he had 2 choices, volunteer or be subpoenaed? I am not going to credit the guy with trying to "look" good. Until he actually answers questions Strzok and Rosenstien look like swamp creatures to me.

We call that optionally manditory presence "Voluntold" down here

posted on Jul, 12 2018 @ 02:41 PM
link   
This is a farce. Rep Nadler has no business interrupting. He is one of the most liberal house members and also the one when Clinton was impeached said it was a "partisan railroad job." I did not know that he was Strzok lawyer. ALl he is doing to causing issues and preventing it.

Then David Cicilline chimes in.

Then crazy ass Jackson Lee chimes in. This was ALL prepared. Then they move to adjourn...this is CRAZY! This is a f'n joke...

The other reps will NOT let this move forward or let Strzok answer. It gets good again around 13:00 when Gowdy rips him a new one....

Strzok is doing it like the trooper he is. The people sitting behind him are funnier to watch when he denies anything.
All this shows is how divided the current government is. We need all of these old bastards out of office with term limits.

edit on Julpm31pmf0000002018-07-12T14:45:19-05:000219 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2018 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Bejeezus effing christ.

This "procedural drama" show is now being written by game show hosts.

Gowdy nails em to the wall at least.

posted on Jul, 12 2018 @ 03:29 PM
link   
LOL

Democrats totally losing it 😃

posted on Jul, 12 2018 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

Give it up man, no one's ever going to get the goods on these crooks. Never! These hearings are a total waste of time and mostly just pro-forma to make it look like they're doing something.

posted on Jul, 12 2018 @ 04:08 PM
link   
...and what's worse is that he was given that time in the end to basically pontificate. He cannot answer any questions but he can take cheap shots at a sitting president. No one interrupted but DAMN Gowdy had that face on like a parent when he KNOWS a kid is lying.

Guy is a dirtbag...

posted on Jul, 12 2018 @ 05:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: shawmanfromny
Man, what a joke of a hearing...anyone else watching? Trey Gowdy asks a simple question, then a melee breaks out, with ranking Democrat Rep. Jerrold Nadler interfering and House Judiciary Committee Chairman Bob Goodlatte threatening to hold Strzok in contempt, for not answering a simple question. Afterwards, Trey Gowdy continues to ask questions, which Strzok refuses to answer, by continually stating, "I've been directed by council to the FBI, not to answer that question" and that there's, "no evidence of bias in my professional actions." What's the point of this circus, if a person under subpoena, refuses to answer questions and lies to save their arz? Best comment I've read concerning this debacle, "The fact that Democrats have no desire to learn the truth and would rather interfere with the testimony tells you everything you need to know about how biased their side actually is." Yep, that about says it all.

The fact that you thought this hearing was was going to accomplish anything is cute. One would think that members of this site would know that a hearing having to do with politics will never get anywhere. That is just the way it is man.

posted on Jul, 12 2018 @ 05:44 PM
link   
I would like to know, as an American citizen, who told Strozk (sp) not to answer questions. Strozk (sp) went on a rampage about Congress hurting the FBI then freely admitted that those within the FBI are colluding to obstruct justice. SMH.

posted on Jul, 12 2018 @ 05:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou

originally posted by: shawmanfromny
Man, what a joke of a hearing...anyone else watching? Trey Gowdy asks a simple question, then a melee breaks out, with ranking Democrat Rep. Jerrold Nadler interfering and House Judiciary Committee Chairman Bob Goodlatte threatening to hold Strzok in contempt, for not answering a simple question. Afterwards, Trey Gowdy continues to ask questions, which Strzok refuses to answer, by continually stating, "I've been directed by council to the FBI, not to answer that question" and that there's, "no evidence of bias in my professional actions." What's the point of this circus, if a person under subpoena, refuses to answer questions and lies to save their arz? Best comment I've read concerning this debacle, "The fact that Democrats have no desire to learn the truth and would rather interfere with the testimony tells you everything you need to know about how biased their side actually is." Yep, that about says it all.

The fact that you thought this hearing was was going to accomplish anything is cute. One would think that members of this site would know that a hearing having to do with politics will never get anywhere. That is just the way it is man.

sadly, you are spot on. These things end up being a semi public shaming and give some idiots the chance to look like 2 year olds as it appeared today. (on both sides)

posted on Jul, 12 2018 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Trey only ever asks pointed questions that foreshadow conclusions. I like that he likes to press hard questions, but I hate that his format is to allow projected conclusions from the answers. In court, they call this leading a witness. But in congress, who cares right??

posted on Jul, 12 2018 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Trump’s own IG said “there was no evidence that political bias played a direct TIL in the investigation

So why the hell are we having this stupid hearing? So that POS Gowdy can yell at Democrats instead of doing his damn job, that's all he ever does he is a joke.

posted on Jul, 12 2018 @ 05:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
LOL

Democrats totally losing it 😃

Trey Gowdy will be live on the Hannity show (FoxNewsChannel) at 9pm Eastern this evening.

posted on Jul, 12 2018 @ 05:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Allaroundyou

But it did get somewhere. More and more those who oppose what our country is about are being shown for who they are on both sides of the aisle. We are seeing what people have been talking about forever and has been brushed aside as conspiracy. Left/Right wing NWO craziness. Take away a revenue stream to politicians as Trump is trying is killing the establishment.

Bottom line is a sitting president used the power of the US Intelligence Agencies to wage a campaign against someone who was running for office. Someone needs to be held accountable.

posted on Jul, 12 2018 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: CB328

Yell at? What video did you watch? He was asking simply f'n questions and Strzok just smiled and repeated the same thing. If there is no conspiracy testify.

You feel that the other members of the House who kept interrupting were correct in what they were doing? They were defending someone for what purpose?

posted on Jul, 12 2018 @ 06:12 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

That guy lies AHEM talks through his teeth. I mean like literally; physically.

posted on Jul, 12 2018 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Ok fine I will accept your answer. But now I have one for you. Did anything get accomplished today?

posted on Jul, 12 2018 @ 06:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Allaroundyou

Yes...I billed 8000.00 worth of services, worked with my kids on an art project for a local school calendar, did 30 minutes of Batting practice with my middle son and worked on throwing a change-up for fall ball. Oh, and I also made sure the poor feral cat that lives on our property in the woods had food for her so she can feed her kittens...oh, and watched some You Tube videos on video cards for my new gaming build.

...WHILE I was posting to ATSNN...

what did you do?
edit on Julpm31pmf0000002018-07-12T18:40:06-05:000606 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

edit on Julpm31pmf0000002018-07-12T18:40:48-05:000648 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2018 @ 07:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou

Ok fine I will accept your answer. But now I have one for you. Did anything get accomplished today?

Strzok was revealed as an angry, nasty, arrogant man who hates being challenged and hates not being in control. The world saw it - the precise characteristics of a person who absolutely would let bias control their actions.
So today did achieve something.
edit on 12/7/2018 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join