It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Elderly 'Pro Trump' Former UK Ambassador to US Beaten Bloody

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2018 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Political or another robbery where nothing was taken?

LONDON SHOCK: Elderly Pro-Trump Visit Former UK Ambassador to US Beaten Bloody on Eve of Trump’s Arrival

…His wife, Baroness Meyer, said that he was taking the Tube home when he was attacked. “He looks terrible. His left eye is like a golf ball and bleeding, the nose looks like it could be broken,” she said.

“He hasn’t had an x-ray yet. He doesn’t remember anything. The first thing he remembers is the police.

“At first I thought that the attack was politically motivated. He is opinionated, and sometimes people have different opinions, but the police told me they believe that it is more likely that they might have wanted to rob him.

“Nothing was taken, but the transport police intervened quickly.”

Lady Meyer believes that police have made two arrests in connection with the attack.

Sir Christopher is active on Twitter, where he frequently expresses political opinions. He recently called for Britain to engage with President Trump during his visit, and not to turn its back on him.”

Apparently, two teenagers were arrested: a boy (16) and a girl (15). But the real kicker?

‘They have been released under investigation while enquiries into the incident continue.”

????
What?

Photo in the article. He's lucky to be alive.

edit on 12-7-2018 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2018 @ 11:21 AM
link   
I've a lot of time for this guy, he said if he knew more about the facts surrounding pound convertibility and how we were treated by our so called 'allies' that he would of acted very differently towards them when he was ambassador.

posted on Jul, 12 2018 @ 11:24 AM
link   
It is hard to say if this is in anyway politically related. Those two kids should have been sent to a detainment center for youths till their trial comes up, they evidently are not good kids.

I do not know the laws there, but the UK should be protecting the people in their country. I am sure it is corruption in the court system just like here which gets people sent back to the street after they do a crime.

We have lots of repeat offenders here too, the police arrest them and the courts slap them on the hand they set them back out where they do it again. The cops are getting frustrated when our legal system is not even trying to reform the young, it tends to make it so the criminals feel they can get away with it over and over.

posted on Jul, 12 2018 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: loam

robberies where nothing is taken is all the rage these days. I believe the kids call it "almost robbing".
It saves time when worrying about how to dispose of the money.

posted on Jul, 12 2018 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Not surprised at all. I can't believe they're trying to put this off as an attempted robbery when it's very obvious this is politically motivated. The left is showing their true colors with the nonstop acts of violence towards people with different opinions. It's only a matter of time before we start seeing some backlash from the crazies on the right. The only difference is the crazies on the right tend to be heavily armed, so I pray I'm wrong.

posted on Jul, 12 2018 @ 11:41 AM
link   

It has nothing to do with him being a Trump supporter , teenage kids wouldn't have a clue who he was but at least you got "Trump" into the title.

posted on Jul, 12 2018 @ 11:48 AM
link   
And what does this have to do with Trump.

Sometimes I think it’s gotten to the stage now where if you want a thread to get any attention you need to put Trump in the title.

Anyway,....

Seems like a unfortunate victim of London crime, happens in all big cities. Not really much of a story.

edit on 12-7-2018 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2018 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Middleoftheroad

I can't believe they're trying to put this off as an attempted robbery when it's very obvious this is politically motivated

Yes because obviously this 16 year old boy and his 15 year old female companion are agents of the left who wanted to attack this man that most folk haven’t hard off because he supports Trump. They also just happened to be at the right place at the right time to attack him.

Honestly some of the crap I read on ATS these days.....

It’s a big city with a high crime rate, stuff like this happens every day
edit on 12-7-2018 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2018 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse
I would have supported the victims right to defend his life with lethal force as he was in danger of death or permanent crippling. Too bad European governments prefer to protect their petty criminals. At least the US understands it aint worth protecting the petty criminals and allow us all to strike them down when attacked.

Its the real criminals that are protected in the USA. The bank fraudsters, political traitors, CEO indifference to bad corporate policies, false flag school shootings etc.. etc..

But at least the citizen has the right to defend our lives with lethal force against the petty ones.

posted on Jul, 12 2018 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Like the rightists have been doing for centuries and continue to do so, it is just now rightists say everything is staged, fake news and paid for by Sorors, DNC, Obama etc

unless they can blame the left, then it is 100% accurate

posted on Jul, 12 2018 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

So you aren't 'in the politically motivated' or 'robbery' camps? Just the brutal random attack in a busy subway camp?

posted on Jul, 12 2018 @ 12:29 PM
link   

I never called these teenagers "agents of the left".

Here is what I said

The left is showing their true colors with the nonstop acts of violence towards people with different opinions.

That statement is easily supported with a quick google search and is in the news all the damn time now.

They also just happened to be at the right place at the right time to attack him. Honestly some of the crap I read on ATS these days..... It’s a big city with a high crime rate, stuff like this happens every day

It also doesn't require someone's schedule to be posted to the public to be attacked for their political stance. Do I need to link you the Red Hen story, or the all the stories of random people being attacked in public places over showing support for Trump to prove my point?

There is also a lot more going on that never makes it to MSM, so your "right place at the right time" comment has no bearing because politically motivated attacks have been happening a lot recently, even to random strangers. A known political figure would be an easy target to identify. What is out of the ordinary is claims it was a robbery, but nothing was stolen. Oh and feel free not to read my crap next time. But in my defense, I did say I pray I'm wrong about it but wouldn't be surprised if I'm not.

posted on Jul, 12 2018 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

Lethal force is perfectaly reasonable under UK law if the response to an action is just, bumping into someone does not give you the right to empty 15 rounds into anyone even in the US unless you fancy looking at 4 walls for the rest of your life.

15-16 year olds its a robbery and perhaps he looked like a good target with an expensive watch/rings etc and thus they decided to do him over and probably just before the tube stopped so they could get out as the train stopped and leg it before anyone could do anything.

Lots of people now are banking their good stuff and buying fakes for day to day wear as it looks ok at a distance and if they fancy trying to fence a £10 fake rolex then good luck on them.

posted on Jul, 12 2018 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Lets have a Pro-Trump / Anti-Trump cage-fight series on TV. That would be powerful and highly-rated!

posted on Jul, 12 2018 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Does his Twitter account include a picture?
If not, I'm not convinced that two teenagers would have known what he looked like.

posted on Jul, 12 2018 @ 12:43 PM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

It does:

twitter.com...

Perhaps coincidentally, the day before, this opinion piece was published:

As the former ambassador to the US, believe me when I say we should care what Trump thinks on his visit to London

ETA:

Btw, the fact that these two teens were released also might indicate they were the wrong suspects.
edit on 12-7-2018 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2018 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: XAnarchistX

Like the rightists have been doing for centuries and continue to do so, it is just now rightists say everything is staged, fake news and paid for by Sorors, DNC, Obama etc

unless they can blame the left, then it is 100% accurate

Whatever that means

posted on Jul, 12 2018 @ 12:48 PM
link   

it's very obvious this is politically motivated

How much political motivation can two kids from the UK have?

posted on Jul, 12 2018 @ 12:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: donktheclown

it's very obvious this is politically motivated

How much political motivation can two kids from the UK have?

I'd say a range from a lot to very little.

posted on Jul, 12 2018 @ 12:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: loam

So you aren't 'in the politically motivated' or 'robbery' camps? Just the brutal random attack in a busy subway camp?

I imagine most Brits are, as are Police and Press. I'd never heard of him and had no idea of, or interest in his opinion on Trump. 15 and 16 year olds are doing pretty well if they know who the UK PM is, let alone Trump - they weren't alive when he was ambassador, there's nothing to suggest this was due to his views on Trump or his former role.

It's a horrific attack but sadly unprovoked random attacks have been on emerging trend in London for years, it's alomst standard now.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join