It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Imagine that you are an American

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2003 @ 06:13 AM
link   
Take a moment to feel what it is like to be an American. Realize that as an American that you are loathed by the rest of the world for your own 'leaders' actions. Your leaders tell the other leaders of the world the intent and will of their cause and use your own name and persona as the source. Realize that the intent and the will of their cause is a cause that limits value in respect and for civility among nations. Imagine that as a collective the world of men and woman alike see your persona as a dangerous undertaking which kills humanity and breeds hatred. Take the time to ponder why these so-called leaders of ours use this banner in such a way. Realize that their banner is for money and power and cares for nothing but just that. Imagine that the world takes notice of this banner but sees your face in the caption. Imagine that.

[Edited on 3-7-2003 by Abraham Virtue]

posted on Jul, 3 2003 @ 09:52 AM
link   
I live with that sad fact everyday.

posted on Jul, 3 2003 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Tell people you're Canadian....

(Kidding)

Seriously, I am never "embarassed" to be an American. I'm a little embarrased of our pres...but hey, I didn't vote for him.... Sure, we can do some pretty dirty things at times, but so does every other nation....and for the most part, our hearts are in the right place. I may not approve of everything done in her name, but there will still be a tear in my eye every time I put my hand over my heart and hear the Star-Spangled Banner play.....

[Edited on 3-7-2003 by Gazrok]

posted on Jul, 3 2003 @ 10:11 AM
link   
I was never embarssed to be American. I dont care what other third world nation with outdated weapons think of me. I dont approve of every single thing we did, but I dont give a damn about it. I'll die being a proud American. Until I die there will too a tear in my eye when I hear the Star Spangled Banner, and Proud to Be an American.

And if you hate America get the hell out, no one is making you stay. Move up north with the Canuks, or south with the Mexicans.

posted on Jul, 3 2003 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Hence the rage typified by Col. right now and several of us on occassion: We LOVE OUR COUNTRY and want to see it back on track. The central theme lost in much of the partisan debate is that very fact.

posted on Jul, 3 2003 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Just because we don't agree with all our leaders' policies....it doesn't make us any less proud, and instead, forces us to redouble our efforts in making sure those policies start getting back in line....

posted on Jul, 3 2003 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Good point BoutTime. When Clinton was president I could'nt stand him, but it did'nt stop me from loving America. I was still proud to live in America.

posted on Jul, 3 2003 @ 11:56 AM
link   
ABRAHAM VIRTUE -

Maybe you should come for a visit. I'd love to show you just how AWESOME it is to be an American.

posted on Jul, 3 2003 @ 01:15 PM
link   
that's why i can't wait to get to europe, leavin 6pm on the 15th of july, can't wait!, but america, bleh, people are too lazy, we got no purpose, that's why i love my foriegn blood so much.

posted on Jul, 3 2003 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Have a nice trip phoenix....
Drink a tall one for us here at ATS would ya?

posted on Jul, 3 2003 @ 01:34 PM
link   
i think i'll be having a lot of tall ones in the next three years, if yall here at home fall into martial unrest, then more power to ya? i'll be kickin it in italy or england, or some happy out of the way place, lol.

i'll have a good time, and i hope my time without internet won't last too long.

posted on Jul, 3 2003 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bout Time
Hence the rage typified by Col. right now and several of us on occassion: We LOVE OUR COUNTRY and want to see it back on track. The central theme lost in much of the partisan debate is that very fact.

You want to set this country on WHAT track? The one we were on when?

Most Americans could care less what anybody/country/third-world dictator thinks of our practices. As long as our saftey and survival are in jeopardy, forget that.

Ok. I hear the left roaring.------"Thats why they don't want to talk to us!"

Do you honestly think this President has a modicum of sympathy for this? He is not weak and waffling like some other predecessors. If we bend, those that hate us________ will take advantage of us.

posted on Jul, 3 2003 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bout Time

Though many of us differ on many varied topics, 'Bout Time', that was well said.
It typifies how 'we' all feel.

regards
seekerof

posted on Jul, 3 2003 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Thank God, Im canadian.
Deep

posted on Jul, 3 2003 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Thank Gawd I'm American.

posted on Jul, 3 2003 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Thank God I'm Qu�becois

[Edited on 4-7-2003 by Salem]

posted on Jul, 3 2003 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Come on now, if America wanted to be a prick I think we would at this point control most of Europe, all of North and South America and most of Africa. and Parts of Asia.

Remember, thats if we weren't nice.

Were one of the few countries in the world that goes to war to boost our economy, (win, win situation)

Every war that has every been fought by Americans has only bettered the Economy, except for the Revolutionary War.

posted on Jul, 4 2003 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Thank God I'm human

posted on Jul, 4 2003 @ 12:55 PM
link   
I couldn't imagine not being an American.

posted on Jul, 4 2003 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Yeah, the U.S. is hated so much that people from other countries cross the borders eveyday illegally just to live here.

We suck and they hate us.
Excuse me while I wipe away the tears.

I don't have to imagine I am an American.
I am an American and damn honored and blessed to be an American.

You got a problem with that, thats your problem deal with it!

[Edited on 4-7-2003 by MiStErBeLLaTrIx]

new topics

top topics

join