It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Being an AMERICAN is Now Being White Supremicist?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2018 @ 07:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: roshambo

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: roshambo

The Saratoga posters led people to the white supremacist group, Patriot Front. According to the Anti-Defamation League, Patriot Front members maintain their ancestors conquered America and left it to them alone.

From your link.

I've never heard of Patriot Front, and I'm kind of leery to even look them up, but they were the ones who put the posters up according to your link.

Despite WHO they said wrote it, should that change the meaning of the message?

Yes!

posted on Jul, 12 2018 @ 07:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

The posters are in fact put up by a white supremacist neo-Nazi group, Patriot Front. The website at the bottom of them is bloodandsoil.org.

Again, if you have been following along.
Despite who wrote it, how is the message white supremacist

posted on Jul, 12 2018 @ 07:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Alien Abduct

From your source...

The Saratoga posters led people to the white supremacist group, Patriot Front

Again. If you followed along.
I said in the OP. What about the message itself is white supremacist. The media is connecting the dots that if you believe I'm the statement on the poster then you must also be a white supremacist.

Did you read the article you linked to?

posted on Jul, 12 2018 @ 07:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
Its exactly threads like this in my view that are why ATS is going to the dumps.

Take a look at that title, "Being an AMERICAN is now being white supremacist?" simple answer to the question is no. Nobody in their right mind would every actually believe that, its click bait quite simply. Its propaganda aimed at those with far right views. If the OP is smart enough to create a ATS account and post this then I am sure they must also be smart enough to be aware of how they have spun this article.

If you actually bother to read the article its at no point suggesting that being an American is now synonymous with being a white supremacist. The article is talking about a group called the "Patriot Front" putting up these unwanted signs in this community. The Patriot Front are clearly a group that most would identify as being a white supremacist group.

There is nothing in this article that even suggests that being American is the same as being a white supremacist, the OP has spun this in a rather twisted way to provide further propaganda for the far right of ATS. It is exactly threads like this that have members like me openly talking about the harm that a far-right ideology is having on ATS.

This kind of crap breads ignorance,

Its good to see so many other members calling the OP out for this

The OP should be ashamed.

Well. I was sitting with two left wing customers when this article popped up on the news. They both sighed and said that what a shame it was for the white supremacist Nazis (their words) were trying to hard to stop immigration.
See what's happening here?
The dumbs are triggered.
It's now ok for people who are Americans that don't think ILLEGAL immigration is OK to be coded white supremacists.
Get it or don't. But the media take on this on the TV spot didn't say anything other than white supremacist posters. They didn't say posters FROM a white supremacist group. See the difference? Probably not
edit on 12-7-2018 by roshambo because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-7-2018 by roshambo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2018 @ 08:01 AM
link   
a reply to: scrounger

You made a very good point.

posted on Jul, 12 2018 @ 08:11 AM
link   
a reply to: 10uoutlaw

"They" say so explicitly here.

Data for Progress co-founder Sean McElwee, a group that has coined the “abolish ICE” campaign, told the Washington Post of his delight with the Democrats’ plan to end immigration enforcement:

Now that we have a clear consensus that ICE must be abolished, it’s time for a discussion about a humane enforcement system. That means ending the criminalization of migration, creating a fast path to citizenship, limiting the scope of CBP’s enforcement and ending our inhumane immigrant detention system. The existence of the legislation proves that within the Democratic Party there is some interest in moving away from pandering to white supremacy.
edit on 12-7-2018 by thegeneraldisarray because: added quote from article, emphasis mine

edit on 12-7-2018 by thegeneraldisarray because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2018 @ 08:13 AM
link   

It's now ok for people who are Americans that don't think ILLEGAL immigration is OK to be coded white supremacists.
Get it or don't. But the media take on this on the TV spot didn't say anything other than white supremacist posters. They didn't say posters FROM a white supremacist group. See the difference? Probably not

They're not claiming that, they're saying the group are white supremacists, not the message itself, it's a tried and tested method of radicalisation by political groups. The news story is about a white supremacist/neo-nazi group putting up posters. It's drawing attention to who the group behind the posters is as it's in the public interest to be aware of recruitment drives of extremist groups in their neighborhood.

What's the difference between white supremacist groups putting up posters and white supremacist groups putting up posters? I don't follow.... Not seen any claims
edit on 12-7-2018 by bastion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2018 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Screw any person who makes those claims.

They are falsely conflating white/black nationalism (ie: being a nationalist that is white) vs a white/black supremacist

One is a patriot who loves their country (and just so happens to be the member of X race) one is an idiot who thinks their exclusive tribe (race) is better than others

posted on Jul, 12 2018 @ 08:55 AM
link   

ohhh go on then I'll bite!

I was sitting with two left wing customers when this article popped up on the news. They both sighed and said that what a shame it was for the white supremacist Nazis (their words) were trying to hard to stop immigration.

That is a nice little anecdote but it means dilly-squat because first of all you can't actually prove that this too place and secondly even if this did happen then all it proves is that you had a couple of morons as customers today who didn't read the article properly and whose political ideology you could not possibly begin to assume.

So lets just park that little meaningless story of yours right there and get to the point.

"coded", not normally part of the spelling police but I am going to assume you mean called white supremacists?

The article, the one that you posted quite clearly isn't arguing that you are a white supremacist if you report a illegal immigrant rather they are highlighting that a white supremacist group has be putting up these posters and its causing some outrage from the local community.

The only person who is claiming that being an American is now being a white supremacist is you, and you are only doing it I assume because you are wanting to put some kind of wired political spin on all this.

But the media take on this on the TV spot didn't say anything other than white supremacist posters. They didn't say posters FROM a white supremacist group

Well right now we only have your word to go on for that and its not backed up by the article you posted in your OP that is quite clear that the outrage is about a white supremacist group putting up unwanted posters and not in anyway claiming that being an American is now being a white supremacist as your title implies.

You are wrong, but have fun spinning this.

posted on Jul, 12 2018 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Hang on just a thought but does this mean that African-Americans or other American ethnic groups are now some how White Supremacists.

Very confusing I would think for the black man with a American passport who is against immigration to find out that this makes him a White Supremacist.

Again, the OP makes no sense.

Although I do get the feeling if I was a racist it could make a little more sense.

posted on Jul, 12 2018 @ 08:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: bastion

They're not claiming that, they're saying the group are white supremacists, not the message itself, it's a tried and tested method of radicalisation by political groups. The news story is about a white supremacist/neo-nazi group putting up posters. It's drawing attention to who the group behind the posters is as it's in the public interest to be aware of recruitment drives of extremist groups in their neighborhood.

What's the difference between white supremacist groups putting up posters and white supremacist groups putting up posters? I don't follow.... Not seen any claims

Again. The link to the story speaks of the group. I couldn't post the picture of the poster in the OP. I was responding to the original media story on TV that simply showed the poster and said white supremacy posters were posted
Still. What is being linked is the idea of being an American opposing illegal immigration and being a white supremacist

posted on Jul, 12 2018 @ 09:00 AM
link   

ohhh go on then I'll bite!

I was sitting with two left wing customers when this article popped up on the news. They both sighed and said that what a shame it was for the white supremacist Nazis (their words) were trying to hard to stop immigration.

That is a nice little anecdote but it means dilly-squat because first of all you can't actually prove that this too place and secondly even if this did happen then all it proves is that you had a couple of morons as customers today who didn't read the article properly and whose political ideology you could not possibly begin to assume.

So lets just park that little meaningless story of yours right there and get to the point.

"coded", not normally part of the spelling police but I am going to assume you mean called white supremacists?

The article, the one that you posted quite clearly isn't arguing that you are a white supremacist if you report a illegal immigrant rather they are highlighting that a white supremacist group has be putting up these posters and its causing some outrage from the local community.

The only person who is claiming that being an American is now being a white supremacist is you, and you are only doing it I assume because you are wanting to put some kind of wired political spin on all this.

But the media take on this on the TV spot didn't say anything other than white supremacist posters. They didn't say posters FROM a white supremacist group

Well right now we only have your word to go on for that and its not backed up by the article you posted in your OP that is quite clear that the outrage is about a white supremacist group putting up unwanted posters and not in anyway claiming that being an American is now being a white supremacist as your title implies.

You are wrong, but have fun spinning this.
lol. Ok..... channel 2 news Monday morning. I'm sure there is a record. Google o master

posted on Jul, 12 2018 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Hang on just a thought but does this mean that African-Americans or other American ethnic groups are now some how White Supremacists.

Very confusing I would think for the black man with a American passport who is against immigration to find out that this makes him a White Supremacist.

Again, the OP makes no sense.

Although I do get the feeling if I was a racist it could make a little more sense.
read Tue poster.

posted on Jul, 12 2018 @ 09:05 AM
link   

I was responding to the original media story on TV that simply showed the poster and said white supremacy posters were posted

I call BS!

You make no mention specifically of seeing this on TV rather just that you saw it on the morning news which could just be interpreted as you having seen it while reading the paper, browsing on line or I guess seeing it on TV. But you make no mention of how the TV story differs from the online link.

All we have is your word for this, you posted the link to the article with the story that is what is being debated not what you, and you alone it would seem so far, saw on TV. So lets stick to debating the article and your spin on it and not what you claim to have seen on TV. You only bothered to start this line about what you saw on the TV after everyone pointed out that your article you linked in the OP does not back up what you claimed in the OP. Seems a little too convenient for me.

What is being linked is the idea of being an American opposing illegal immigration and being a white supremacist

Can I just highlight that this is 100% incorrect and is no way backed up by the article you have posted in your OP, indeed the only person who is making the claim that this article is suggesting opposing illegal immigration makes anyone a white supremacist is you.

Stop spinning.
edit on 12-7-2018 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2018 @ 09:06 AM
link   

lol. Ok..... channel 2 news Monday morning. I'm sure there is a record. Google o master

Not up to me to make your arguments for you, if you can't do it and provide the links to the video then it seems like you just need to either go get a better argument or admit to being wrong about this.

posted on Jul, 12 2018 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Here is original story
archive.org...
Scroll to 641am

(post by roshambo removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jul, 12 2018 @ 09:16 AM
link   

I was responding to the original media story on TV that simply showed the poster and said white supremacy posters were posted

I call BS!

You make no mention specifically of seeing this on TV rather just that you saw it on the morning news which could just be interpreted as you having seen it while reading the paper, browsing on line or I guess seeing it on TV. But you make no mention of how the TV story differs from the online link.

All we have is your word for this, you posted the link to the article with the story that is what is being debated not what you, and you alone it would seem so far, saw on TV. So lets stick to debating the article and your spin on it and not what you claim to have seen on TV. You only bothered to start this line about what you saw on the TV after everyone pointed out that your article you linked in the OP does not back up what you claimed in the OP. Seems a little too convenient for me.

What is being linked is the idea of being an American opposing illegal immigration and being a white supremacist

Can I just highlight that this is 100% incorrect and is no way backed up by the article you have posted in your OP, indeed the only person who is making the claim that this article is suggesting opposing illegal immigration makes anyone a white supremacist is you.

Stop spinning.

archive.org...
641 am.
Tell me this spring isn't what I said it is.
You must be blind

Hilarious you just keep digging that hole don't you. The reporter clearly states that the poster links to a white supremacist website thats been linked to a white supremacist Texas group.

I watched the video, did you because it still does not support what you claim.

posted on Jul, 12 2018 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Well. I was sitting with two left wing customers when this article popped up on the news. They both sighed and said that what a shame it was for the white supremacist Nazis (their words) were trying to hard to stop immigration. See what's happening here?

Yes, most see it clearly, a white supremacist group put their ideology on a poster.

posted on Jul, 12 2018 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Again. The link to the story speaks of the group. I couldn't post the picture of the poster in the OP. I was responding to the original media story on TV that simply showed the poster and said white supremacy posters were posted
Still. What is being linked is the idea of being an American opposing illegal immigration and being a white supremacist

No it isn't - the story makes no mention of that and has nothing that could even elude to your conclusion.

Dog bites man isn't news, man bites dog is news. A poster encouraging reporting of illegal immigrants isn't news, a white supremacist organisation putting up posters is. I don't understan what else you want the media to refer to the posters as,

Pretty sure you've misinterpreted the entire thing. Think of it this way - why would the media claim the vast majority of their audience and US population are white supremacists? They'd lose so many readers and advertisers they'd be bankrupt and close down within a week.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join