It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Govenor Cuomo Threatens To Sue Supreme Court If Roe vs. Wade Is Overturned

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2018 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Am I missing something? Has there been any legitimate voice from the right actively trying to over turn Roe Vs Wade? Not the people who whisper it on the campaign trail for votes....I mean legitimate threats actively trying to overturn it?

Cause I’m pretty sure this is just programmed hysteria being produced by people to try and block the newest Supreme Court Justice nominee from being confirmed.

Roe vs Wade isn’t going to be overturned. No matter how many people are upset about it today, it’s not happening anytime soon. It’s just not....it’s a political talking point and/or scare tactic just like border security, social security, and everything else that’s been rambled on about over and over and over, year after year.

posted on Jul, 12 2018 @ 08:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Assassin82

Has there been any legitimate voice from the right actively trying to over turn Roe Vs Wade?

Nope. Not a peep.

TheRedneck

posted on Jul, 12 2018 @ 08:11 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Hey, you said no one was pro-abortion...

No I didn't. Re-read what I actually wrote.

The rest is your attempt to put thoughts into my head.

BS! Your head isn't that porous! I'm not that hypnotic. Like I said, you can find someone to advocate for anything. Introducing legislations and enacting laws to restrict abortion rights is not the same as acting the fool for a camera!

edit on 12-7-2018 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2018 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Has there been any legitimate voice from the right actively trying to over turn Roe Vs Wade?

Are Donald Trump and Mike Pence legitimate voices?

posted on Jul, 12 2018 @ 08:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Introducing legislations and enacting laws to restrict abortion rights is not the same as acting the fool for a camera!

Who has been introducing legislation or enacting laws outlawing abortion?

TheRedneck

posted on Jul, 12 2018 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Are Donald Trump and Mike Pence's voices legitimate?

Are Donald Trump or Mike Pence members of Congress?

TheRedneck

posted on Jul, 12 2018 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Have you been asleep while states have been closing clinic because of TRAP laws, or fetal heartbeat laws, or fetal pain laws, or the government denying abortions to minors in custody?

Are Donald Trump or Mike Pence members of Congress?

The Republican National Party Platform calls for a constitutional amendment to declare an fertilized egg has constitutional rights. To be a Republican, you HAVE to be pro-life/anti-choice and against the Roe V Wade viability guidelines.

The Constitution’s guarantee that no one can “be deprived of life, liberty or property” deliberately echoes the Declaration of Independence’s proclamation that “all” are “endowed by their Creator” with the inalienable right to life. Accordingly, we assert the sanctity of human life and affirm that the unborn child has a fundamental right to life which cannot be infringed. We support a human life amendment to the Constitution and legislation to make clear that the Fourteenth Amendment’s protections apply to children before birth
prod-cdn-static.gop.com...[1]-ben_1468872234.pdf

posted on Jul, 12 2018 @ 08:29 AM
link   

It is the same dead horse drug out for more flogging every single time a Republican President has to make a Supreme Court nomination. If RGB has to be replaced during Trump’s tenure, you will see it again.

And again and again.

posted on Jul, 12 2018 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Have you been asleep while states have been closing clinic because of TRAP laws, or fetal heartbeat laws, or fetal pain laws, or the government denying abortions to minors in custody?

Must have been. Haven't they been shot down over Roe vs Wade?

The Republican National Party Platform calls for a constitutional amendment to declare an fertilized egg has constitutional rights.

And how exactly does that have anything to do with Brett Kavanaugh? A Constitutional amendment ties the hands of the Supreme Court, by definition. Besides, do you realize the hurdles required for a Constitutional amendment?

Sounds like you're just frantically slinging mud on a wall, hoping it'll stick.

TheRedneck

posted on Jul, 12 2018 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Must have been. Haven't they been shot down over Roe vs Wade?

You're moving the goal posts.

And how exactly does that have anything to do with Brett Kavanaugh?

Who mentioned Brett Kavanaugh? However, he appears to be an "activist" and highly partisan sort of judge. And hey, if SCOTUS can find that corporations are people, they can, if they want, find a way to twist a reading of states rights and Roe V Wade.

A Constitutional amendment ties the hands of the Supreme Court, by definition.

That's what I said in my first post in this thread.

If SCOTUS kicks overturns Roe V Wade, and kicks women's reproductive rights back to the states, there will be 2 constitutional amendments going through state elections, one pro and con federal contraceptive and abortion rights.

Sounds like you're just frantically slinging mud on a wall, hoping it'll stick.

Every one of your replies to me has some kind of obligatory personal insult. That says a lot more about you than it does about me. I guess you're an example of right wing civility?

posted on Jul, 12 2018 @ 09:16 AM
link   

You're moving the goal posts.

I wasn't aware I set any goal posts ion this thread.

I just maintain that Cuomo is an idiot for thinking that there is a movement to overturn Roe vs. Wade and for threatening to sue the people who would have to decide the suit.

Who mentioned Brett Kavanaugh?

That would be Cuomo... the subject of the thread.

However, he appears to be an "activist" and highly partisan sort of judge.

Can you quote any rulings he has made to back that up?

And hey, if SCOTUS can find that corporations are people, they can, if they want, find a way to twist a reading of states rights and Roe V Wade.

That was never a decision. Corporations are legal entities so they can execute contracts. You seem to be confused on what a corporation is.

If SCOTUS kicks overturns Roe V Wade, and kicks women's reproductive rights back to the states, there will be 2 constitutional amendments going through state elections, one pro and con federal contraceptive and abortion rights.

Probably. That's what would be expected for any issue that were kicked back to the states.

It's also a very big "if."

Every one of your replies to me has some kind of obligatory personal insult.

Really? I don't see any. My first post to you simply showed people who were staunchly pro-abortion, since you didn't seem to think they existed.

I guess you're an example of right wing civility?

I'm politically ambidextrous. But thank you for caring.

TheRedneck

posted on Jul, 12 2018 @ 09:45 AM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

Good luck with that.

posted on Jul, 12 2018 @ 09:50 AM
link   

That would be Cuomo... the subject of the thread.

So? Brett Kavanaugh is the pro-life judge Trump promised to appoint to overturn Roe V Wade. Apparently, Cuomo feels that threat is credible enough to call for a New York State constitutional amendment. As far as his threat to sue, I have no comment or opinion.

Can you quote any rulings he has made to back that up?

I'm not here to argue Brett Kavanaugh's nomination. Whoever Trump picked would have offset the same scenario.

Corporations are legal entities so they can execute contracts.

SCOTUS ruled that corporations have "legal personhood", and many of the same rights as individuals, including free speech. For corporations, money is speech. That presents a problem when money talks louder than common sense. But, if SCOTUS and Congress can find a way to grant a business enitity "personhood status", a fertilized egg can't be for behind for people with that agenda.

My first post to you simply showed people who were staunchly pro-abortion, since you didn't seem to think they existed.

You're right. A couple of your posts didn't personally insult me, they were putting words in my mouth, they I never said, while you condescendingly "mansplain" and deflect..

I'm politically ambidextrous. But thank you for caring.

So, you proudly represent incivility on both sides of aisle! Got it!

posted on Jul, 12 2018 @ 09:54 AM
link   
I heard that Cumo is willing to take his case all the way to the Supreme Court if needed.

posted on Jul, 12 2018 @ 10:01 AM
link   

bull#, you play word games to convince yourselves its not murder. "we arent pro-abortion that has a bad ring to it, lets call it pro choice"...

drop the semantics all "pro-abortion" people i know want them unrestricted and free. All of them.
edit on 12-7-2018 by smkymcnugget420 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2018 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Kohll

You got it in one. Scare tactics designed to get votes. Every party uses 'em. Getting informed is the only way to combat it.

posted on Jul, 12 2018 @ 10:47 AM
link   
a reply to: smkymcnugget420

Show me one pro-abortionist legislation trying to push back the boundaries of Roe V Wade!

posted on Jul, 12 2018 @ 02:48 PM
link   

The real concern is not even Cuomo uttering these idiotic statements, but rather why an entire state would elect the clown to run the circus.

Dare I say the appeal of the politician to emotion? With whats coming to light in politics in general in the USA, any politician right now looks self-serving. Now longer representing the people in their pursuit of the Common wealth of a nation.

BTW the same thing is happening in Australia at the moment. Dual citizen politicians being outed and rather than resign taking the matter to the High Court. They run for cover like cockroaches.

posted on Jul, 12 2018 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: shawmanfromny
a reply to: Pyle

I'm pointing out why the governor of one of the most liberal states in the US would say this. If Roe vs. Wade is overturned, wouldn't his own state enact pro-abortion laws, probably tougher than what's on the federal level? Cuomo is the one who's stupid here...sorry you don't see that.

Exactly. All Roe vs Wade did was take power away from the States and replaced it with more and more federal over reach. It should have been overturned the moment it happened.

posted on Jul, 12 2018 @ 03:35 PM
link   

I'm mixed about this video - is she taking the piss> Or is this payback about the White house dinner.

en.wikipedia.org...

The Break with Michelle Wolf is expected to "take a break from the seriousness of late-night comedy" and "instead of making the news fun, she’ll make fun of everything and everybody. There will be no preaching or political agenda — unless it’s funny."[1]

en.wikipedia.org...

Wolf was employed at Bear Stearns from 2007 to 2008, and later at JPMorgan Chase, working for almost four years in mutual funds and managing accounts[8] between the two banks.[9][10]

Michelle Wolf questioned her critics from the media: "Why are you guys making this about Sarah’s looks? I said she burns facts and uses the ash to create a *perfect* smoky eye. I complimented her eye makeup and her ingenuity of materials.

The shenanigans at JP Morgan would no doubt trained her well in the art of dark comedy.

She's quite funny in this one.
@ 5:10 "I'm gonna need you to be ok with yeast"

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join