It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video Of Man Harassing Woman Over Puerto Rican Flag Shirt Prompts Investigation

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 04:34 PM
link   

A video of an older white man verbally harassing a young woman for wearing a shirt of the Puerto Rican flag has sparked backlash on social media and calls for a police officer to be fired for not intervening.

The Facebook video from June 14, shot by 24-year-old Mia Irizarry in a covered picnic bench area in a park in Chicago, shows a man repeatedly harassing her about her shirt.

"Why is she wearing that s***?" he says at one point.

"If you're an American citizen, you should not be wearing that shirt in America," he says at another point.

A poll last year by Morning Consult found that almost half of Americans don't know that people born in Puerto Rico are U.S. citizens.

Video Of Man Harassing Woman Over Puerto Rican Flag Shirt Prompts Investigation

This is the face of derp.

The idiot above seems to not know ANYTHING about his own country........if he did then the fool would know that Puerto Ricans are US citizens just like him.

The women was wearing a flag no different if any American wore a state flag.

Ignorance needs to be exposed so I though I would post . I think we can all agree the man was a bigoted idiot.

The worst was when this fool replied to the women when she told him Puerto Rico was American that "she was uneducated and Puerto Rico does not belong to the USA "....... well retard I hate to break it to you but yes it is.

Regards of politics or who voted for who, I think we can all agree that the man is a bigoted idiot.
edit on 11-7-2018 by DieGloke because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: DieGloke

Dude slurs like he's either drunk or on some manner of drugs. What an asshat.

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 04:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

Dude slurs like he's either drunk or on some manner of drugs. What an asshat.

No argument from me.

Drunk people do come out with stupid #.

Least he is being exposed for the idiot he is as it's going viral.

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 04:41 PM
link   
This guy is clueless, you only harass people with MAGA in their shirts.

Some people deserve bad things....

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Him saying Puerto Rico is not a part of the USA is enough.

Game over, correct?

Or do we need to make this a different thing, about racists, and other such stuff?

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 04:43 PM
link   
So true, same thing I thought. I hope this guy gets a clue after the back lash from this incident, maybe lay off the sauce and get a healthy mind. Likely he is due for a good ass kicking, not like that will change some people for the better though.

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 04:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: SocratesJohnson
This guy is clueless, you only harass people with MAGA in their shirts.

Some people deserve bad things....

I think this is above politics.

A idiot is a idiot is a idiot. And this man was a idiot.

If you start accusing citizens of not being citizens then that's just stupid.
edit on 11-7-2018 by DieGloke because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 04:46 PM
link   

edit on 11-7-2018 by xBWOMPx because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 04:50 PM
link   
' The United States owns Puerto Rico' !!!!

Depends on if your asking the UN.

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 04:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
' The United States owns Puerto Rico' !!!!

Depends on if your asking the UN.

Are Puerto Ricans USA citizens? Yes ....as such there is nothing to discuss, they are as American as you are.

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 04:55 PM
link   

There were 515,348 blank and invalidated ballots counted alongside the 1,363,854 ballotswhich indicated a choice for one of the non-territorial alternatives.Under Puerto Rico Law, these ballots are not considered cast votes and are therefore not reflected in the final tally.[133]

en.wikipedia.org...

Looks like that vote was rigged too.

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 04:58 PM
link   
The criticism of the officer is ridiculous. "I feel uncomfortable" is not a reason for an officer to immediately slap cuffs on someone and, as is obvious, the officer was attempting to diffuse the situation as calmly as possible. "All these cops here and I still don't feel safe" Shut up!

Simply stating offense at someone in a public place isn't an immediately arrestable offense (or else a hell of a lot of folks would be behind bars right now for doing the same against members of the current administration in public places while said members are trying to enjoy a meal or some other activity.) The big galoot (Dave, I think the old man calls him) was likely the reason the first officer approached this with a bit more caution than the woman wanted to see. He was clearly looking to fight someone. As an aside, the woman involved seems to be the one wanting to make this a cops versus minorities issue... the cops, all of them, seem to be doing their job. Reading the live comments on the sidebar seems to indicate the old man was ultimately arrested after the filming stopped, so he clearly continued to not comply with officer instructions.

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 04:59 PM
link   

There were 515,348 blank and invalidated ballots counted alongside the 1,363,854 ballotswhich indicated a choice for one of the non-territorial alternatives.Under Puerto Rico Law, these ballots are not considered cast votes and are therefore not reflected in the final tally.[133]

en.wikipedia.org...

Looks like that vote was rigged too.

You actually defending captain herp derp in in OP.?

Only on ATS

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Why do people refuse to READ?

On April 29, 2010, the U.S. House voted 223–169 to approve a measure for a federally sanctioned process for Puerto Rico's self-determination, allowing Puerto Rico to set a new referendum on whether to continue its present form of commonwealth, or to have a different political status. If Puerto Ricans voted to continue as a commonwealth, the Government of Puerto Rico was authorized to conduct additional plebiscites at intervals of every eight years from the date on which the results of the prior plebiscite were certified; if Puerto Ricans voted to have a different political status, a second referendum would determine whether Puerto Rico would become a U.S. state, an independent country, or a sovereign nation associated with the U.S. that would not be subject to the Territorial Clause of the United States Constitution.[135] During the House debate, a fourth option, to retain its present form of commonwealth (sometimes referred to as "the status quo") political status, was added as an option in the second plebiscite.[135][136]

Which WAS voted on by a FIXED voted.

There were 515,348 blank and invalidated ballots counted alongside the 1,363,854 ballots which indicated a choice for one of the non-territorial alternatives.Under Puerto Rico Law, these ballots are not considered cast votes and are therefore not reflected in the final tally.[133]

NOONE can say just exactly what Puetro Ricos status IS.

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 05:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: DieGloke
Least he is being exposed for the idiot he is as it's going viral.

I absolutely agree. My only beef here is with the stupid crap the woman was saying about the first officer on the scene. Unless there is an actual physical altercation going on, the police aren't going to show up, see someone in a verbal disagreement, and instantly arrest that person. The idea of "I felt very uncomfortable" ... and? That nonsense is very similar to the woman who called police on black people having a BBQ in the park because they made her feel uncomfortable. Probably a very good thing the police don't arrest people on demand with someone experiencing discomfort as their only criteria for arrest.

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 05:03 PM
link   

The criticism of the officer is ridiculous. "I feel uncomfortable" is not a reason for an officer to immediately slap cuffs on someone and, as is obvious, the officer was attempting to diffuse the situation as calmly as possible. "All these cops here and I still don't feel safe" Shut up!

Simply stating offense at someone in a public place isn't an immediately arrestable offense (or else a hell of a lot of folks would be behind bars right now for doing the same against members of the current administration in public places while said members are trying to enjoy a meal or some other activity.) The big galoot (Dave, I think the old man calls him) was likely the reason the first officer approached this with a bit more caution than the woman wanted to see. He was clearly looking to fight someone. As an aside, the woman involved seems to be the one wanting to make this a cops versus minorities issue... the cops, all of them, seem to be doing their job. Reading the live comments on the sidebar seems to indicate the old man was ultimately arrested after the filming stopped, so he clearly continued to not comply with officer instructions.

Apart from one poster on this thread I think we can all agree the man was idiot.

And I agree with you if that's what the officer was doing. Better to peacefully diffuse the situation than antagonize a drunk further. If he failed to comply then he was creating a public disturbance while intoxicated. So the cop probably did the right thing. He just let the drunk idiot dig a hole for himself.

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 05:04 PM
link   

...which means loudmouth drunk was even less qualified to say jack snip at the woman about PR. Somehow I don't think he's a geopolitical law expert... but I could be mistaken, maybe this was just his day off.

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 05:04 PM
link   

I disagree only in that he was up in her face. I would have pushed him away or smacked him. You don't get in someone's face like that. The cop had a duty to calmly de-escalate the situation. I tell my sons to never let someone get in your face like that, to many fights/assaults/crimes start from that position. You have to maintain a safe distance from an agreessor like that. We don't know his mental state or if he was a wacko with a knife or what kinds of drugs he was on. When the police won't help you, you have to take action yourself.

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

which means loudmouth drunk was even less qualified to say jack snip at the woman about PR

The same can be said for the woman that thinks 'Murica owns PR.

See the House and Senate votes.

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 05:06 PM
link   

What passport do they have?

US passports.

Until that changes they ARE US citizens regardless if people like you think otherwise.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join