It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WORLD CUP and WIMBLEDON

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Why are no major MSM outlets covering it?

It is fun and uniting for all countries.

It is oddly absent from any coverage.

I've been watching the World Cup and Wimbledon for the last few weeks but oddly it is absent from media...

So tired of politics....let's hit sports for a bit.

Croatia is probably flipping the $hit right now. Federer got beat today....

Crazy $hit happening in sports right now.....F# politics.
edit on 7/11/18 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 03:52 PM
link   
True that. So tired of politics because 99% of it is old men playing games with things that actually matter to the rest of us normal people trying to live out our lives.

Been Watching world Cup when I can too. Had to listen to England/Croatia today on Fox Radio online.

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 03:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing
True that. So tired of politics because 99% of it is old men playing games with things that actually matter to the rest of us normal people trying to live out our lives.

Been Watching world Cup when I can too. Had to listen to England/Croatia today on Fox Radio online.

Amazing match.

If you follow tennis, the Federer match was one of the best I've ever seen.

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Ha!

I am fed up of it over my side of the pond.

Still better than nothing but politics though I guess
edit on 11-7-2018 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 03:58 PM
link   
It's on Fox live--easily available.

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 03:59 PM
link   
had some friends down in Croatia when they won the quarters, they said it was some serious parties raging till the dawn.

I can just imagine how it is going to be tonight, wish I could be down there.

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 04:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

Ahh you got to hand it to the Croatians. damned good for a country the size of Essex. It's a really young England team with promise who at last met a team who could actually pass the ball around like a Brazil team of old.................................. Plus had a general midfield who was on another level to anything else on the pitch............ Luca Moderic.

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Watching tennis is like watching 2 (or 4!) people play Pong. (The electronic game) Yeah.....

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: ufoorbhunter

Good lord yes, that guy is nuts... I don't know how he has legs left after the last couple games.

The whole team impresses me, they strike me as one of the few teams that can play multiple styles (offensively) and just flows from one to the next to the next.

I don't know if they have enough finishing capability to take france but man I hope so, cant stand the way france plays.

I was rooting for Croatia but I thought for certain England would take it.

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 04:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: LightSpeedDriver
Watching tennis is like watching 2 (or 4!) people play Pong. (The electronic game) Yeah.....

Not today...

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 04:21 PM
link   
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver
I dont know man. Some of those tennis playing women. Damn!

A lot more interesting than pong.

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Lots of media covering this. Just watched the last bit.

Where on earth do you live that you can't find this?

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Fox, FS1, and Telemundo are playing World Cup matches (Telemundo, they repeat all games at least twice during the day).

ESPN and ESPN2 are covering Wimbledon. Main court is on ESPN while the outer courts are covered on ESPN2. The finals will be on NBC (I think).

That is pretty mainstream.

What about Le Tour de France?? It has been a hectic start with crashes galore. Several people are already out. Sagan is sprinting for wins. The team time trial is back this year too! That was a good watch!

But oh, no. Have to watch Summer League Basketball during prime time! Screw that! I hate the NBA even more than I hate the NFL! Give me a beer and I will watch baseball which is one nice thing about summer.

I think you have the newest slogan: #F Politics!

top topics

join