It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

People are Fake, nobody cares for the Thai boys that were trapped in the caves

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 04:50 PM
link   
musicismagic

Im telling ya, people have lost the ability to be a critical thinker and to question everything until there is nothing left to question. Im so glad I dont watch tv nor do I have any kind of social media. It's like im looking at everybody going mad and wondering if people will ever stop drinking the koolaid.
edit on 11-7-2018 by xBWOMPx because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-7-2018 by xBWOMPx because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 05:01 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Apples and oranges. In one instance, the children's lives were in serious jeopardy. They were trapped in a flooded cave, with monsoon season aproaching with limted air and no food. None of them knew how to swim and they had to be trained how to drive. It was a six hour swim out of the cave after not having eaten in over 10 days. If they had not beaten the monsoons, the kids would have been stranded for months. A man died, simply trying to find a route to the boys.

How the hell do you get off comparing that to people being detained for illegally and knowingly crossing the border?

The only fake people are the ones who disingenuously mold everything to their personal agenda.

edit on 11-7-2018 by timequake because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-7-2018 by timequake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 05:47 PM
link   

I think you are missing one key point. Those Thai boys weren't trying to enter the cave or the country illegally. They just found themselves in danger and needed help.

It's kind of pathetic how easily led some people are. The situation at the border is the same as it's been, but with an added amount of people, due to the no tolerance policy. And instead of trying to save the kids, not uphold the law, or fix the current laws so we have a more compassionate border policy, we have the MSM telling lies and getting their base excited over their next "cause".

I can promise you that two years from now, you, and a bunch of others won't be concerned with the kids at the border, even though they will still be there, due to their circumstances and our reluctance to have open borders.

I can understand getting caught up in a news story, but at some point, you really need to look at how you are being played, and how willing you are to let that happen. I know a large chunk of ATS members are better than they have been acting, myself included.

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Like where was all the liberal outrage when Obama was killing kids in the middle east. I mean some people are just hypocrites.

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 07:53 PM
link   

I for one did not care.

I never even watched a news cast or read about the cave boys.

Don't know how many or what age. Don't even know if they made it out or not.

My point is to say that the op is right about some of us. In that we didn't care.

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 09:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
I think the coach who brought the boys in there should be canned. Risk assessment should be done better. I see people ignoring risk assessment all the time in this country these days, risk assessment was taught much more back when I was young.

I don't think volunteer soccer coaches are necessarily trained in "Risk Assessment." Come on, man.

You people who are calling for some kind of punishment for the coach of this team: you CLEARLY don't have kids. And boys! It's a cave, boys are gonna go in. In fact, there are reports that many of them have been in that cave before. What was that coach supoosed to do? Maybe he told them not to go in but they didn't listen. Twelve boys, people. And it's not like they were damn toddlers. One of them turned SEVENTEEN the day they went in there. Or maybe he didn't check the weather forecast that day....or a hundred other possibilities.

Do you think the boys would have made it out alive had he NOT been in there with them?

I just don't get the people who are blaming this on the coach.

We all need to be praying for that guy, because he is already going to have some major self-punishment issues over the thing, even without you heartless burn-the-coach-at-the-stake people.
edit on 11-7-2018 by KansasGirl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 09:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
a reply to: Thejoncrichton

The media instructed nothing. My point was merely pointing out the hypocrisy of the public. Either you care about kids or you don't, can't have it both ways.

fyi, I come from a time before social media and had outrage back then. I've also lived in places other than the United States, so when I say I have seen poverty, I have seen poverty. I've seen toddlers with Aids that nobody would adopt because there was no medicine or cure.

If we didn’t care about those kids at the border, we would be leaving them in the desert when we arrest their parents for crossing the border illegally.

I wonder why Mexico hasn’t built facilities near the border to house the lost children? Looks like Mexico cares less than us.

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 09:37 PM
link   

My point was merely pointing out the hypocrisy of the public

Who's public ?
"You only got to ask yourself that one question'....."

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 10:14 PM
link   
a reply to: KansasGirl

I liked the rickymouse post. The coach was responsible. If he can't control the kids to keep them out of danger, they should find someone else. Maybe he did keep them alive. That is why I don't think he should be arrested for negligence or reckless endangerment or something like that.

I wouldn't think in terms of "Risk Assessment." More like basic common sense.

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 11:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: KansasGirl

originally posted by: rickymouse
I think the coach who brought the boys in there should be canned. Risk assessment should be done better. I see people ignoring risk assessment all the time in this country these days, risk assessment was taught much more back when I was young.

I don't think volunteer soccer coaches are necessarily trained in "Risk Assessment." Come on, man.

You people who are calling for some kind of punishment for the coach of this team: you CLEARLY don't have kids. And boys! It's a cave, boys are gonna go in. In fact, there are reports that many of them have been in that cave before. What was that coach supoosed to do? Maybe he told them not to go in but they didn't listen. Twelve boys, people. And it's not like they were damn toddlers. One of them turned SEVENTEEN the day they went in there. Or maybe he didn't check the weather forecast that day....or a hundred other possibilities.

Do you think the boys would have made it out alive had he NOT been in there with them?

I just don't get the people who are blaming this on the coach.

We all need to be praying for that guy, because he is already going to have some major self-punishment issues over the thing, even without you heartless burn-the-coach-at-the-stake people.

When those boys are with the coach on something like that, the coach is responsible to make sure things are decently safe. I am a boy, I know how boys get, they need to be dampened till they become adults so they do not get hurt or hurt someone else.

Firing the coach is what I said, I did not say to toss him in jail or anything. They were not fifty feet into that cave, look at the drawings, they were miles in. They had to go through tunnels that a scuba diver with tanks could not fit through. If a parent wants to take their kid in there, I have no problem with that, but a coach....no.

They have people doing the same stupid stuff over here in school, teaching kids it is ok to take risks yet the instructor took the class out winter camping, a two mile hike, up a hill to a spot used in winter. Then they went rock climbing in the winter, there was a major snowstorm that weekend, no way to get a helicoptor in if a kid got hurt, an hour trek each way for the paramedics if someone got hurt. Half that class's kids were sick for a couple of days after that camping trip. The instructor resigned that spring, I think it was because of all the parents complaining about their sick kids, they were not properly prepared to do that kind of winter campout. I think the school asked him to resign, he moved away.

I was a boyscout for many years, I even became an assistant scoutmaster for a year when I turned eighteen. I always used risk assessment, back then boy scout leaders taught us risk assessment and also how to survive out in the woods the proper way. We would never have been allowed to go a couple of miles into a cave like that.

Maybe you think that people who take your kids into risky situations can do anything they want. No, just no. I think a lot of people are going nuts.

I had two daughters and I have two granddaughters and two grandsons. I have taught some young people to work properly and safely on the jobs. I taught a couple of friends kids to do a lot of things, the safe way.
edit on 11-7-2018 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2018 @ 05:38 AM
link   

What the heck are you saying? a coach took some kids into a dangerous place it was televised because it was news,so how do you come up with your rant?what proof other then your opinion,sound like a liberal

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join