It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unmasking Antifa Act of 2018

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2018 @ 07:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Poofmander

Antifa is not anarchists.

posted on Jul, 12 2018 @ 07:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Justoneman

Wearing a mask should not be illegal.

The danger comes from having an Antifa-type beat someone while wearing a mask, then police have the freedom to arrest everyone wearing a mask.

posted on Jul, 12 2018 @ 08:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: network dude

I seem to recall plenty of peaceful protests in the Occupy days that ended with police brutality. Is it any surprise that when you mace enough students sitting peacefully that eventually there's some pushback?

I may not 100% agree with antifa's methods, not you reap what you sow. If these protesters are going to get beaten and bloodied regardless of if they're protesting peacefully or not, can you really blame them for fighting back?

When you type “peaceful”, are you referring to protests specifically designed to limit people’s movements? Protests that exceed maximum occupancy? Protests that interfere with emergency exits. Protesting does not give people a license to infringe on peoples ability of free movement, infringe on other people’s rights, or violate building safety codes?

Revolution? Every two/four years in the United States there is an overturning of political leadership/power/government positions?

The law is to increase the penalties for those who commit physical crimes while trying to get a free pass on committing violence by hiding their identities.
edit on 12-7-2018 by neutronflux because: Added and fixed

posted on Jul, 12 2018 @ 08:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

But the only way to push progressive ideas is by intimidation?

posted on Jul, 12 2018 @ 08:47 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

Actually it's been exposing fake news with a biased politically motivated agenda.

posted on Jul, 12 2018 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Yeah how dare he use his CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHT and voice a differing opinion.

So what exactly was his crime that makes you cheer the fact he was almost murdered?

posted on Jul, 12 2018 @ 08:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

As I said, I don't 100% agree with antifa's tactics. At the same time though we shouldn't really be surprised at their emergence. The past few decades have shown that all peaceful protest gets you is a boot on the back of your neck.

So now that people are standing up to such corruption the government wants everyone to play nice? Absolutely laughable.

I certainly don't want to see innocent people get hurt. But the government demanding peace when they've been responding with violence is hypocritical at best.

I don't see how beating up an old lady for wearing a MAGA hat or physically assaulting a 80 year old, wheelchair bound war veteran, at a pro-Nationalist rally is "standing up to a corrupt government"...

edit on 12-7-2018 by Ironclad3000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2018 @ 09:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Ironclad3000

It's pointless. They cheer the assaulting of Americans for having a difference of opinion then blame Trump.

posted on Jul, 12 2018 @ 09:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

They sure act like it, who would they like to be in power?

Honestly, they've been around for a bit now and i could not tell you who they would want in office because it surely seems like they just want to be rabble rousers and break rules. And if thats not true then theyre doing a poor job of getting their real message across.

If you dont have any idea how to come up with a solution, youre part of the problem especially if all you can amount to is shouting, blocking up roads, and getting ready for violent throwdowns, ill even give them the benefit of the doubt that maybe they never start a fight, but when youre looking for one its amazing how quickly you can find one.

Theyre not helping, a crackdown would be nice.

posted on Jul, 12 2018 @ 09:03 AM
link   
No.

This needs to be stopped. I hate antifa as much as the next guy, as they make anarchists look uneducated and violent. However, this is a limitation on freedom. It’s already illegal for people in masks to commit assault. They should make it legal to use lethal force when being assaulted by or witnessing an assault committed by a person in a mask. That would make more sense.

posted on Jul, 12 2018 @ 09:09 AM
link   

When did you ever have a "right" to kill people you disagree with?

Why are you making such a stupid argument? I said give the people back their second amendment rights. An armed society is a polite society IMHO. There wouldn't be masked thugs attacking peaceful assemblies with bike locks, smoke bombs, bats, and feces if we could all carry to protect ourselves.

I am all in favor of enforcing the Second Amendment as written. You need to serve in the militia in order to have military weapons. But that's not what you think it says.

I do disagree with you, but if need be I will openly declare myself as a militia if we can get back our rights.

posted on Jul, 12 2018 @ 09:16 AM
link   
a reply to: scolai

What freedom is being limited by this?

posted on Jul, 12 2018 @ 09:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

DJW said he supported Antifa smashing that guy in the head with a metal object. So actually he is the one supporting killing people you disagree with.

posted on Jul, 12 2018 @ 09:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Do you think an anti-mask law is going to prevent or accelerate your scenario?

This is why laws happen. Antifa is not peaceful protest. It's quite violent in fact, as well as actually part of a bigger violent revolution which the previous President helped to usher in. Just look at how at any time a bunch of people arrive somewhere with protest signs at the drop of a hat. To me this falls into the problem/reaction/solution category as Soros is behind most of it. I also feel the Payriot Acr falls under the same category and I'm sure plenty of elites were in on that.
edit on 12-7-2018 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2018 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Enough is enough. Let's fight fire with fire and start a 'Profa' movement ;-)

posted on Jul, 12 2018 @ 11:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: introvert

originally posted by: introvert

it's not about wearing a mask, it's about wearing a mask AND CAUSING HARM TO OTHERS.

I disagree.

Wearing a mask in public is already against the law in certain areas/circumstances.

Causing harm to others is already a crime.

This is about people using their position in government to go after political opponents.

then you should make a sign and let someone know how you feel.

Sure. I'll do that and probably end up on a list of people/groups that need to be targeted by politicians that disagree with me.

I'm a bit surprised that you support the government targeting specific groups.

you are surprised I am against those who would hurt others? do you even understand your position here?

Would you also support a law that charges you with 15 years for wearing a white hood in the commission of a crime that is already illegal?

posted on Jul, 12 2018 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: DoubleDNH

Is the purpose of the hood to prevent identification while taking away Constitutional freedoms? If so, yes.

posted on Jul, 12 2018 @ 11:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Fools

a reply to: toms54

I hope so too. If you want to protest, do it peacefully. Otherwise, go to jail. Something everyone can agree on.

Although I agree with that in general, would the United States even exist if our founders only protested peacefully?

Errhrmmm... Our founders didn't wear masks. Our founders openly, and rightly, declared open rebellion. They did this publicly in one of the most read documents in the history of the world; the American Declaration of Independence.

When you know your cause is just, you pledge you life, wealth, and honor to it. When you know your cause is just reactionary and antagonzing, you wear a mask.

posted on Jul, 12 2018 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: toms54

anyone “wearing a mask” or in disguise who “injures, oppresses, threatens, or intimidates any person … in the free exercise or enjoyment of any right or privilege” would be subject to a fine or up to 15 years in prison.

Hmmmmm...

And does the bill define "oppress" or "intimidate"?

edit on 12-7-2018 by soberbacchus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2018 @ 11:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: GenerationGap

originally posted by: Fools

a reply to: toms54

I hope so too. If you want to protest, do it peacefully. Otherwise, go to jail. Something everyone can agree on.

Although I agree with that in general, would the United States even exist if our founders only protested peacefully?

Errhrmmm... Our founders didn't wear masks. Our founders openly, and rightly, declared open rebellion. They did this publicly in one of the most read documents in the history of the world; the American Declaration of Independence.

And yet this very post is on an anonymous forum where folks declare and advocate for various political views?

It would seem the internet from twitter through to ATS is a ubiquitous mask.

That is neither endorsing or deriding that reality.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join