It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unmasking Antifa Act of 2018

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 06:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: toms54

How do they define wearing a mask or in disguise? Couldn't posting anonymously on a website or using a VPN to hide your IP address also be considered a form of disguise?

As we've seen in the past, if we give the government an inch they'll always take a mile.

Allow me , as you seem to be a bit short of knowledge of US Laws
This bill is horsecrap
There are already laws on the books that say exactly the same thing...
Most (especially in lawless Cali) do not enforce those .
Here in Georgia ?
Enforced.
They get locked up
We take offense to any group that would wear face covering and promote violence.

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Oh, I'm sure the government would never, ever abuse the enforcement of this law in the future. Never.

Anything to get those crazy leftists though, amirite?

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 06:14 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

ANTIFA is not a organization, it is a movement. It is anarchistic and opposes globalism, as the rioting at the G7 and NATO meetings would indicate. They are protesting Donald Trump because he is a globalist who is consolidating the power of the central government. He is giving the globalist corporations free reign while cracking down on individual liberties. As always, pay attention to what he does, not what he says... except when he slips up and accidentally tells the truth.

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 06:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

We take offense to any group that would wear face covering and promote violence.

link   
This will end up in the Supreme Court.
Muslim Women, Street Demonstration, Protest/Riot, etc.
Low Hanging Fruit for Ambitious Prosecutor.
That would be my expectation given the current situation.
Unless there's a new system in place - I ain't seein' it!

ganjoa

link   
a reply to: DJW001

What goes on in EU with "Anftifa" is irrelevant.

Here in the US almost no one had ever heard of them and then the moment Hillary lost / Trump won WHAMO they were across every campus going nuts.

From what I've seen they're militant SJW's wearing masks so they can continue their pattern of assaults and riots while 'being justified' by wearing masks (to commit crimes and atrocities and not get caught).
edit on 11-7-2018 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 06:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001
a reply to: Gothmog

Perfect Antifa parallel!

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 06:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

What goes on in EU with "Anftifa" is irrelevant.

Here in the US almost no one had ever heard of them and then the moment Hillary lost / Trump won WHAMO they were across every campus going nuts.

From what I've seen they're militant SJW's wearing masks so they can continue their pattern of assaults and riots while 'being justified' by wearing masks (to commit crimes and atrocities and not get caught).

Should learn their history then.

The US AntiFA stormed the Nazi parades in New York/Madison Square Gardens in the 1930s/40s and were instrumental in preventing it getting a greater hold in America.Many were beaten to death by police while trying to stop Nazi rallies. Video of 20,000 Nazis at a NY rally 1939 www.theatlantic.com...

They've been present in g8/g12/20 protests for decades and any form of WTO/petrodollar/state apparatus. The recent US phenomenon is a group of people labeled with the buzzword AntiFA as it was the first name that stuck and was easily brand-able and resalable by right wing press.

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 06:39 PM
link   

The moment a demagogue who wants to be President For Life gets elected, the anti-fascists come out of the woodwork. I wonder why? Trust me, they hate Hillary as much as they hate The Donald.

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 06:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
a reply to: Fools

We as a country, enacted the First amendment to ensure that we had the right to PEACEFULLY assemble. I think it was pretty clear how we are to act inside our borders.

Not that Antifa has been violent in the first place, but assuming your theory is true... then why did we enact the Second Amendment?

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 07:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
This concept is not new. I'm sorry, wearing a mask totally changes a protest action into an intimidation.

Anonymous speech is a foundational principle of our government. Without it, the entire system breaks apart.

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 07:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: trollz
Good, it's time we get these literal terrorists off the streets. Anyone who conceals their identity in an attempt to get away with physically attacking others for the sake of political agendas (or any reason, really) deserves to be in prison.

Terrorism - the use of violence and threats to intimidate or coerce, especially for political purposes.

So you don't believe in a right to anonymity when practicing controversial speech?

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 07:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: toms54
Because Antifa is almost never arrested and, if they are arrested, get off with a light slap on the wrist. It's building to a point where it's becoming like the civil rights problems with the KKK (which was also run by the democrats.)

Most criminals don't get arrested. Police clearance rates are about 60%. If you apply an 80/20 rule to this, the impression quickly forms that there are a bunch of people out there who are very, very good at getting away with crimes. A bunch of people who aren't so good. And a group in the middle that are casual law breakers that usually get away.

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 07:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
if you don't want to go to jail for a long time, don't put on a mask and hurt other people. the only reason to wear a mask during a political protest, is to hide your identity so you don't get caught being a douche bag. If you feel strong enough to protest, then at least don't be a douche and hide behind a mask.

So what's your thoughts on anonymous publishing? What about when you're publishing to try and inspire people to take action?]

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 07:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wardaddy454
Antifa is not protesting for liberty. They are protesting other peoples right to speech and assembly. The name is an oxymoron.

They're people who have decided they will no longer tolerate intolerance.

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 07:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Why should you be able to hide your isp for the purpose to prevent another from enjoying their rights or freedom?

For the same reason you just made this post anonymously. You wish to converse on a shady website, about a controversial topic, without having it linked to your real identity.

There can be no protected speech in society without anonymous speech, and speech extends beyond merely writing.

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 07:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

Except there is zero link between the two. One is an exercise in free speech, the other is PREVENTING the exercise in free speech.

So should I be able to hide my identity in order to delete any and all posts that I disagree with preventing you from ever saying anything online ever again?

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Yawn. Let me know when Trump has his 3rd and 4th term.

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 07:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

Yawn. Let me know when Trump has his 3rd and 4th term.

If Trump gets a second term, there will be no more ATS.

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 07:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

The moment a demagogue who wants to be President For Life gets elected, the anti-fascists come out of the woodwork. I wonder why? Trust me, they hate Hillary as much as they hate The Donald.

So then you're Mr. Unofficial Antifa's Spokesman, not that other one?

Got it!

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join