It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Sacha Baron Cohen Go Too Far By Disguising Himself As A Disabled Vet For Sarah Palin Interview?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 03:40 AM
link   
a reply to: lakenheath24

The Bromeritickish national anthem ?

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 03:41 AM
link   

If you can not take the piss out of yourself who can you take the piss out of?.

We need the Libyan military band to do the music for you.

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 03:46 AM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

To answer your question simply, I will use this quote..

some critics say it appears to be designed to mock conservatives and Donald Trump supporters

If you’re a conservative, yes he did.

If you’re a liberal, no he didn’t.

edit on 11/7/18 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 03:48 AM
link   
a reply to: testingtesting

Great improvising by the Libyans there, all the notes were kind of there but not in the right order and timing was a little relaxed

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 04:02 AM
link   
a reply to: testingtesting

Here it is...even though I have been a member for 11 years, I still can't embed vids. Pathetic!!!!!

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 04:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus

The only people who get mad are the ones with no clever comeback, and that is a LOT of people nowadays!

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 04:23 AM
link   

Here we go.

www.you... tube.com/watch?v=sQ0INjpYRYw

The press the youtube button and add the last bit after the = .so the video above you would copy and paste sQ0INjpYRYw and put that in the youtube window.

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 05:06 AM
link   
a reply to: kingparrot

Thanks for your service. Hey, I actually liked Borat, but can someone tell me how Cohen can't be arrested for "Stolen Valor" by posing as a disabled US Veteran for monetary gain from his Showtime specials? Anyone? Just curious.

The Stolen Valor Act of 2013 (Pub.L. 113–12; H.R. 258) is a United States federal law that was passed by the 113th United States Congress. The law amends the federal criminal code to make it a crime for a person to fraudulently claim having received a valor award specified in the Act, with the intention of obtaining money, property, or other tangible benefit by convincing another that he or she received the award..

The current federal law is a revised version of a previous statute struck down by the Supreme Court of the United States in United States v. Alvarez. In Alvarez the Supreme Court ruled the arrest and prosecution of a citizen for wearing unearned military awards, who did so without criminal intent, violates their constitutional right to freedom of speech.

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 7/11/2018 by shawmanfromny because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 05:25 AM
link   

That was answered on the previous page

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 05:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Kharron

It was ammended by Obama I thought?

President Obama on Monday signed into law the latest version of the Stolen Valor Act, which makes it a federal crime for people to pass themselves off as war heroes by wearing medals they didn't rightfully earn. The legislation passed both houses of Congress with overwhelming majorities. An earlier version, passed in 2005, was struck down in June 2012 when the Supreme Court ruled that lying about military heroics was constitutionally protected speech unless there was intent to gain some benefit or something of value by fraud. The law signed Monday at the White House includes such a provision, making it illegal to make the claims with the intent to obtain money, property or other tangible benefits. Veterans organizations were quick to applaud Congress and the President for acting quickly on the amended version of the law.

Other lawmakers shared Heck's sentiment. "I'm very happy the President signed the Stolen Valor Act," said Rep. Paul Cook, R-Calif., a retired Marine colonel. "The new law ensures that we protect and honor veterans and the sacrifices they've made. When people make false claims of military rank and heroism, it does a tremendous disservice not only to our vets, but to the public."

www.military.com...
edit on 7/11/2018 by shawmanfromny because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 05:55 AM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

I thought it was ammended by Obama in 2012...see my post to Kharron.

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 06:13 AM
link   

He's friggin hysterical and makes fun of everyone and everything. I'm looking forward to watching his new show.

edit on 11-7-2018 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 06:27 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Just found out he is doing a project to do with Trump University.
Maybe that is why Trump wants him punched in the face.

Lol.

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 06:54 AM
link   
By all means impersonate away. Sacha Cohen is a comedic genius.

Get some thicker skin people. It's comedy.

Title should read, "Did Sarah Palin go too far by impersonating a human being"

So funny " It's agains the law to impersonate military blah blah blah..."

Do you really give a #? How did this in anyway cause you harm personally. Insanity.

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 07:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Justso

He needs to be reminded that he'd be speaking German if it weren't for the brave US military

The " Battle Of Britain " ended on 31st October 1940.

By my calculations that's 13 months and one week before The U.S. joined the war.

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 07:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Justso
He's disgusting. Wonder if our friends across the pond will appreciate his humour this time.

He needs to be reminded that he'd be speaking German if it weren't for the brave US military.

I think you need to be reminded if it wasn't for American businessmen Hitler would have never risen to power. US government was sued by Henry Ford for bombing his german tank factories , and he won.

It's just comedy, relax.

edit on 11-7-2018 by booyakasha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 07:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong
By my calculations that's 13 months and one week before The U.S. joined the war.

13 months and 8 days.

We needed the extra day from the 7th to the 8th of December to let you stop speaking zee German before we declared war.

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Officially joined the war. Lots of merchant marines went down. a reply to: alldaylong

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 07:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Justso
He's disgusting. Wonder if our friends across the pond will appreciate his humour this time.

He needs to be reminded that he'd be speaking German if it weren't for the brave US military.

He's also Jewish which makes it even sillier.

I think he's just trying to make money from the shock factor.

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Uh oh...be careful there. Your boy Chamberlin andĺ the LON were first class wussies. All sat by while Hitler sent planes to Spain.
Anyway....good guys won. And when does this movie come out. Sarah does have a nice bod....she just insnt politico material.

a reply to: booyakasha

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join