It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Sacha Baron Cohen Go Too Far By Disguising Himself As A Disabled Vet For Sarah Palin Interview?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 03:07 AM
link   
a reply to: testingtesting

Never said I would watch it. Did you read what I said? American Vets are not snowflakes and don't deserve this rudeness.

Enjoy yourself. I am an American and appreciate our Veterans who do not deserve your rudeness or Sacha's. Been to GB-wouldnt want to live there and won't make fun of your country's military vets.

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 03:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: lakenheath24

Well i am sure i could offend the UK if i wanted. The thing is....what purpose would i be serving? His is great social commentary if you look past tbe surface....
I would say that I hope he didnt pose as an officer or made false claims of serving......tgat is some no kidding jail time.

He’s a clever man and his lawyers would have told him what he can and can not do

I’m guessing if you are acting you can get away with impersonating a soldier in uniform or should other actors be concerned now that they might be lined up against a wall and shot for being filmed in uniform

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 03:12 AM
link   
Dick Van Dyke...
a reply to: UpIsNowDown

If you really wanted to poke fun at our British bros, you could point out that 50% of the aircraft in their flyover for the RAF's 100 year anniversary were american made.

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 03:13 AM
link   
a reply to: UpIsNowDown

Lol I love Chris.
Oh and on the teeth thing we actually have the best teeth in the world we just don't go for the cosmetic vain crap.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

But yeah they look crap but are actually healthy

Have you seen this British Marine funny video?.

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 03:14 AM
link   
Sarah Pale-in is lower than a bug (sorry if I insulted all BUGS).

Sacha Baron Cohen is a Jewish/British great comedian and he is famous for this sort of “humor”! Remember “Borat”? He insulted/impersonate the entire American and Kazakhstanis nation and we all laughed at it.

Get over it Pale-in…!

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 03:15 AM
link   
From what I am reading the guy triggers some people with his brand of comedy. Meh...so what. BTW until today I had never heard of him but this thread has me a little interested.

I guess it is true that any publicity is good publicity because without this thread I would have remained oblivious to his work.

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 03:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Justso

Oh well nevermind.
Also who is making fun of the vets? he is making fun out of Palin.

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 03:16 AM
link   
Looked a bit into this before I head to bed. It seems his team did some research before he did all this and he should be ok with impersonating a veteran -- it is covered under the 1st Amendment.

Stolen Valor Act of 2005 was passed under Bush that would have outlawed something like this, but then later in 2012 in United States vs Alvarez the Supreme Court found it unconstitutional. He should be ok legally, but it will still create a storm in the media. Just what he and Showtime can hope for.

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 03:18 AM
link   

You are going to blow a gasket at this then lol.

He has some balls.

link   
Yeah...he had lawyers on that pamela andeson movie where peeps tried to sue him. I did want to punch his light out for messing with the anthem like that, but still overall...funny dude.

a reply to: Whereismypassword

edit on 11-7-2018 by lakenheath24 because: (no reason given)

link   
Clearly we need to censor comedians, how dare they make fun of people, how dare they push the envelope. How dare they make insensitive jokes.

To all you numpties that miss it the above statement was sarcasm..... Ugh... I'm so sick of you thin skinned sad excuses for human beings, go crawl back under your rock where you belong.

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 03:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: testingtesting

I think you should all lighten up a bit.
It's satire.
Oh and don't push all that #e about you lot saving us yeah you helped but the Russians were the real guys who helped the most.

They helped so much you guys wanted to invade Russia immediately.

But that's not the point of this thread.

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 03:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: GreenGunther
The world needs more of this

Sacha is a champ at exposing idiotic bias, I miss this fella so much... Borat was gold when I was a kid, I've watched most of his interviews. I still remember when he got a Cambridge professor to admitting that men are smarter than woman.

Stupid is as stupid does, and Sacha sure loves catching people in the act.

Can't wait

Edit - Sarah Palin most definitely deserves to be made a fool.
In the current times I believe satirical commentary is needed more than anything else.

with you all the way
sacha is awesome. his stuff is great.

cant wait to watch

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 03:25 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Oh yeh....well I sing the words to America the Beautiful whenever I hear the British National anthem come on!

edit on 11-7-2018 by lakenheath24 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 03:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: lakenheath24

Oh yeh....welll sing the words to America the Beautiful whenever I hear the British National anthem come on!

Don't suppose you could record a version of that and load it on YouTube or something, I believe it may generate a few laughs....

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 03:27 AM
link   

that was great too
ahahahahahaha

"we must grab him by his money"

and comedy wise nothing should be off limits

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 03:30 AM
link   
Oh man I'm on a Borat marathon now.

They had a laugh with him

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 03:31 AM
link   
a reply to: lakenheath24

We will be singing it tonight because it's coming home.

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 03:36 AM
link   

Good Idea. Just need a catchy title. We play both anthems at Retreat every day on Mildenhall and Lakenheath. I will stand next to one of our KC-135's for effect.

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 03:39 AM
link   

What America the Beautiful....aww god bless ya mate!

Seriously though, good luck. I really like this team but France is tough!!!!!!!!!!!!!

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join