It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alan Parsons

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 01:18 AM
link   
So I walked into the local record shop, people. And I walked out with the Alan Parsons solo album collection.

You may recall when I posted about meeting him and getting an autograph here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

I really feel this man does not get enough credit for his contributions to progressive rock.

The man basically invented the iconic Pink Floyd sound.

Hell, he pretty much invented the electronic/ techno genre itself. He was always more on the technical side of things instead of the ballad songwriting. Dead giveaway that he was a pioneer in electronica.

To one of the unsung heroes of the music industry

Suffice to say, it is still the best live performance I have ever seen

edit on 11-7-2018 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 01:38 AM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

The Alan Parsons Projects are probably my favorite albums (especially I Robot, Pyramid & Turn of a Friendly Card).

I worked in the music industry for years and so, I have met, and worked with, most of those who were what I consider the pinnacle of the industry. Sadly, I have never met Parsons or Woolfson, so hang on to that memory.

I've also used the Alan Parsons Sound Check CD's to tune the sound systems of various studios and he also made a good video series on recording. If you're interested in his music and work in the industry, these are really useful and I'd recommend that you get them as "tools of the trade".

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 01:44 AM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

Pyramid and TOAFC are easily my favorites as well.

edit on 11-7-2018 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 06:54 AM
link   

The only song I was ever hooked on was this one.

edit on 11-7-2018 by BotheLumberJack because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2018 @ 02:21 AM
link   

I have long enjoyed the music of Alan PArson's Project. Some truly amazing stuff. I don't think enough people are aware of this music, either.

posted on Jul, 12 2018 @ 04:58 AM
link   

Love me some Alan Parsons. Love this song also. Time, something we are all going to run out of.

join