It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The real reason why the left has gone insane

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 12:29 AM
link   
a reply to: jjsr420

On that, I must say, I am at work currently and replying around doing other things. I would however rather enjoy debating this with you when my full attention can be given.

However, debating skill cannot outweigh fact. And the fact is, almost everywhere else in the first world, abortions are allowed up to a certain stage of pregnancy, because people far smarter than us both have deemed it appropriate, taking far more than the above into consideration. America just needs to catch up with the rest of the world.

I simply find it atrocious this conversation is being had in this day and age.

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 12:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Badams

On that, I must say, I am at work currently and replying around doing other things. I would however rather enjoy debating this with you when my full attention can be given.

However, debating skill cannot outweigh fact. And the fact is, almost everywhere else in the first world, abortions are allowed up to a certain stage of pregnancy, because people far smarter than us both have deemed it appropriate, taking far more than the above into consideration. America just needs to catch up with the rest of the world.

Smarter than us? Thats your first problem. Thinking these people are smarter than you. Thats a form of Argument from Authority. Another tip for you: learn about logical fallacies, and steer away from them in your arguments/assertions. I have access to the very same knowledge Doctors do. My wife is a nurse, and i have the same access she does to medical knowledge as well.

I find you claiming a position you dont really hokd to atrocious. More subjectivity.

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Logical fallacy or not, doesn't make a difference to my point. This isn't a organised debate, were on ATS. No, you don't have access to the same knowledge doctors gain through many years of testing and practice from reading books and articles online. And being a nurse is very, very different from being a doctor, I hope you have no delusions otherwise.

I still don't see how i'm not holding to my position on any points I've made, but please throw in some more latin and debating terminology to tell me otherwise.

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 12:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Badams

We all have access to the same knowledge. Weather you admit it, or not. You simply short change yourself, not me.

And yes, it does matter. Your latest post is predicated on a logical fallacy, thus its fallacious. What this means is its not based in logic, and can thus be very easilly debunked, and dismissed.

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Unless you're in the profession you're simply not invited to any of the lectures, or privy to any of the results of studies until they are published and released. Many of which are not accessible without paying - something ludicrous if you're not in the field. Beyond that, if you believe you could practice medicine purely from a learnt theoretical standpoint, you're mistaken.

You say my arguments aren't based in logic, I say its what the rest of the world is doing and people more qualified have decided that its okay. Are you saying all those people a wrong? I'm sure all of them would disagree.

Look, I cant see this ending, lets agree to disagree. You're entitled to your opinion no matter how wrong I find it.

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 01:13 AM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

If you say so. I just point out how pointless it is for you guys to come here to your anonymous safe space and spew your hate for other people and to get triggered by the media and Hollywood every day. This site used to be about figuring things out and discussing interesting topics, now it's about blaming one side or the other and shouting at each other over things you aren't doing anything about.

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 01:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Badams

All you have is assumption. You dont know me, or what i do, or do not have access to. Pretending otherwise is sheer lunacy. But believe whatever you want. You still havent debunked anything I have said, while i have debunked everything youve said. Its here for everyone to see.

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Less assumption, more informed guess. Your opinions plus the fact you said you've "spent 100 hours researching abortion" tells me very quickly you have no position in the medical field or any education in it beyond the internet / your wifes nursing text books. As far as "debunking" what I've said, I haven't seen nothing of the sort. You've contradicted known medical fact (that's accepted in other countries and even in your own, may I add) with your speculative opinion; that's at best. I have no problem admitting I'm wrong, but I only will when I am. You have given me nothing to sway my opinions as yet.

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 02:23 AM
link   
Gawd...you're fighting hurts, guys...

It's just, "nuh uh,"...

I can't even pick a side...or think that you're both on the same side.

I don't know.

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 02:47 AM
link   
If everyone has the same access to the same knowledge , why is there a disagreement ?

Badams , has decided that he is not well infomed or qualified enough.

jjsr420 , has decided that he is well infomed and qualified enough.

If you can come to an agreement on what counts as well infomed and qualified , you can see who is the closest to that and defer to them.

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 02:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: dude1
If everyone has the same access to the same knowledge , why is there a disagreement ?

Ding Ding Ding!!!

They don't...or they do and are intentionally obfuscating.

The result is similar.

No one wants to give an inch...but I will. My only problem is that I will get torched from people who did the same thing...
edit on Wed, 11 Jul 2018 02:51:07 -0500 by MemoryShock because: tags

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 02:57 AM
link   
Stoking the fires of division again Bez? come on dude you used to be better than this.

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 03:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. . .

Abortion denies the unborn the unalienable Right to Life.

They're not born/alive yet. Government bans on abortion would restrict women's liberty, it's about as invasive and oppressive a government can get.

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 03:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: testingtesting
Stoking the fires of division again Bez? come on dude you used to be better than this.

Since when? That little white rabbit has always been a provactuer....

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 03:36 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

All this leftist right nonsense has to stop tbh or the division will grow wider just as TPTB want.
When the penny drop? I don't think it will to be honest people are enjoying their circle jerks way too much.

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 03:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: testingtesting
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

All this leftist right nonsense has to stop tbh or the division will grow wider just as TPTB want.
When the penny drop? I don't think it will to be honest people are enjoying their circle jerks way too much.

It's not leftist vs Right..

It's Rich vs Not Rich.

Think about it.

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 03:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Badams

The moral status of an act has absolutely nothing to do with the “intelligence” of those who deem it to be permissible or not, much less an argument settled by an appeal to someone being “smarter” than another.

The fact is that your “smarter people” simply deny the intrinsic sanctity of human life a priori, and it follows from this that a right to life will be denied wherever it is deemed expedient toward achieving some other end. In this case it is, at least in the surface, holding the “woman’s right to choose” as sacrosanct, where such a “right” is not an objective reality but an subjective opinion.

On the other hand, it goes without saying that anyone who thinks that state-sanctioned mass killing of future members of society before they even leave their mother’s womb “because women’s rights” is a good idea from a pragmatic perspective is a blathering idiot. In reality it’s an socio-economic disaster whose consequences are beginning to unfold in the Western demographic crisis.

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 03:44 AM
link   
If there was as much talk on contraception and circumstantial abstinence as there is abortion, this would cease to be an issue.

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 03:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
If there was as much talk on contraception and circumstantial abstinence as there is abortion, this would cease to be an issue.

Well..let's call it what it is.

Old White Men who Want To Emulate Saudi ArabiA's Control over Women is the Goal...

Trump was coronated and he felt glad..

www.washingtonpost.com...

edit on Wed, 11 Jul 2018 03:51:31 -0500 by MemoryShock because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 03:52 AM
link   
I'm not useless any more!!!

edit on Wed, 11 Jul 2018 03:53:11 -0500 by MemoryShock because: tags

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join