It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The real reason why the left has gone insane

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 10:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Teikiatsu

originally posted by: Gryphon66
a reply to: Teikiatsu

Are there situations, in your opinion, in which the abortion procedure is justified?

Absolutely. There are times when the mother's own body senses there is something wrong with the pregnancy and aborts. Sometimes it can't complete the process itself and needs external assistance.

Also, in cases of rape, the mother's freedom to choose was taken from her. In those unfortunate cases the choice to maintain the pregnancy or not should be allowed. If she chooses to abort, then I believe the rapist should be charged with involuntary manslaughter in addition to his other crimes.

So murder of the unborn is justified sometimes, just not usually?

Fascinating.

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 10:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

I don't think anyone thinks that "the left" that some of you are always talking about represents most Americans.

I think it's interesting the amount of threads..daily, telling the left to get over decisions..like Trump winning for instance. Here is a decision that has been ruled on..long ago, and some are still bleeting on about it..get over it

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 10:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

Abortion is a protected constitutional right to privacy and self determined liberty. Do you think SCOTUS has the means to declare abortion unconstitutional?

No, it isn't.

Since abortion was never declared constitutional it cannot be declared unconstitutional. All Roe v Wade said was that the States cannot prevent a woman from seeking out the procedure under a specific set of circumstances.

Doctors only decide if an abortion is "necessary" if a woman's health is at risk. Women don't need to obtain a doctor's "approval" for abortion on demand.

Yes, after 24 weeks they absolutely need approval to get an abortion in most States. That's where the abortion mills and their rubber stamps for "mental health" come in.

The state has no place "defending" the unborn.

The 1973 SCOTUS said they do.

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 10:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Teikiatsu

Are there situations, in your opinion, in which the abortion procedure is justified?

Absolutely. There are times when the mother's own body senses there is something wrong with the pregnancy and aborts. Sometimes it can't complete the process itself and needs external assistance.

Also, in cases of rape, the mother's freedom to choose was taken from her. In those unfortunate cases the choice to maintain the pregnancy or not should be allowed. If she chooses to abort, then I believe the rapist should be charged with involuntary manslaughter in addition to his other crimes.

So murder of the unborn is justified sometimes, just not usually?

Fascinating.

'Justified' is not the word that I would choose to use, nor would I use 'murder' under those specific (and thankfully uncommon) circumstances.

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 10:27 PM
link   
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. . .

Abortion denies the unborn the unalienable Right to Life.

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 10:33 PM
link   

No, it isn't.

Sorry, it is.

All Roe v Wade said was that the States cannot prevent a woman from seeking out the procedure under a specific set of circumstances.

Do you think SCOTUS writes laws? They don't. They determine the constitutionality of laws. They determined that abortion is a protected right, a privacy, and a self determined liberty. The specific set of circumstances? Be a pregnant female whose fetus hasn't achieved viability.

Yes, after 24 weeks they absolutely need approval to get an abortion in most States. That's where the abortion mills and their rubber stamps for "mental health" come in.

I'm calling BS on you! First of all, abortion mills aren't doing late term abortions. Secondly, like I said, doctors prescribe abortion to protect the health of the woman, almost always because the fetus is in destress, not because the mother had a fight with her boyfriend and wants the viable baby cut out of her! Jeeeezus Kryst!

Third late term abortions are very rare, and always a tragedy for all concerned.

The 1973 SCOTUS said they do.

Again with the BS. SCOTUS never granted states the right to "defend the unborn".

They have "an interest in preserving the life" of a viable fetus. A viable fetus can live on it's own. If the mother is in destress, a viable fetus is born, probably through a C-section, not aborted.
edit on 10-7-2018 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 10:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
I'm calling BS on you!

Oh no, please anything but that.

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 10:37 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

LOL

The creator hasn't finished creating those "men" yet. When they're born, they can breath in the fresh air and enjoy life. Stretch out their arms and enjoy liberty. Grab some milk and pursue happiness. Until then, those things don't exist in the womb.

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 10:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Wow.

You speak for God now!

Awesome!

Tell me, what is he like?

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 10:45 PM
link   

It is unbelievable to me that people like yourself who hold such archaic and antiquated views still exist today. How you possibly believe women don't have rights over their own body is beyond me, in fact, it sickens me to my very core.

-A male Australian, who laughs as the state of...well...life in general in the U S of A.

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 10:47 PM
link   

He's totally okay with abortion. Wants fetus torn from those other guy's women's bellies. Wants women who had extramarital affairs to abort and wants unmarried lovers caught in the act stoned to death, even though she could be pregnant from all that unrequited love.

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 10:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Badams

It is unbelievable to me that people like yourself who hold such archaic and antiquated views still exist today. How you possibly believe women don't have rights over their own body is beyond me, in fact, it sickens me to my very core.

-A male Australian, who laughs as the state of...well...life in general in the U S of A.

Ahhh well, what can you do. Damn that pesky free speech!

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 10:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Yes, maybe you should have. ATS is clearly a politics site with a conspiracy section. At least that's what it has turned into.

But you are in on arguing politics, you actually increased the tension. So quit adding fuel to the fire.

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Oh, I wouldn't want speech to be anything other than free. However I do hope that in the near future, society as a whole looks at people with those opinions in the same light as we do people who promoted racial segregation in times gone by.

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 10:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Badams

I'm for individual rights.

I just believe the unborn are individuals.

(post by Muninn removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Ahh, clearly someone religious with no medical education I see - I just assumed you were ignorant, silly me!. I apologise for wasting both our times talking about this then.
edit on 10/7/2018 by Badams because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 11:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Muninn

I love some banter and name calling! Please tell me more about how unmanly and fragile I am for believing in the rights of others!

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 11:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Badams

Ahh, clearly someone religious with no medical education I see - I just assumed you were ignorant, silly me!. I apologise for wasting both our times talking about this then.

I never mentioned religion other than in passing.

An unborn child has it's own unique DNA, it's own blood type. It's an individual just like you or me.

Well maybe not you.

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 11:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
Now the usual leftist narrative is that the majority of the country is left-leaning.

That's not accurate. Accepted knowledge is that metropolitan areas tend to be left leaning but rural areas are more right. This correlates with money, actually. The farther you get from metropolitan areas, the more right you get because the poorer you get. The majority of the country is actually rural.

The stats get complicated. They are so complicated that Gerrymandering is a very real thing and drawing a line on a map can literally determine whether or not a vote even matters. The stats get even more complicated when you have biased agencies vying for supremacy. Gawd. I remember when there were a few classical conservative think tanks that were all the rage.

It's global now.

Last night, I read a tweet (I won't link it because one of two things will happen - you'll support him or harass him) from a guy in Singapore. He wanted to rekt the liberals. That kicked my ass. And not on a 'how dare he' mentality'...on a 'how the hell does he know who I am' mentality. And you know what it is? It's a successful flippening of connotation. Apparently, my wanting people to be safe and reasonably secure means that I am a #ing horrible person...while a wannabe billionaire flips the constitution with the help of a Turtle and the KGB.

The only thing that makes me feel better is that the Oligarchs got smarter...an overt coup in the early twenties failed. But now I have to deal with a population that was actually screwed over. And everything that I knew about being a decent person is being attacked. And apparently, I hate thew constitution because I think keeping kids in cages at the behest of a womanizing money launderer is bad.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join