It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The real reason why the left has gone insane

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 09:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: olaru12

So you think murder should be legal.

Awkward, but it's your business.

Abortion isn't murder. I don't need some BS theocratic fascist telling me what to do with my own body.

And I'm a brutally handsome straight male.

Unnecessary and still awkward and insulting.

But I think my theory is proving correct!

Just by the replies.

I mean, like wow!

You guys are proving me right.

I'll send a fruit basket.

You like melon?

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Oh Baby! I can feel my eggs dropping!

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 09:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: DBCowboy

Do you think abortion is a Constitutional right?

Yes.

Do you think abortion=murder is a SCOTUS issue?

What is wrong with Roe V Wade that you think needs fixing?

Not up to me. I'm just positing a theory.

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Ah, you come from the school of thought that babies are found under convenient cabbage leaves then.

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 09:45 PM
link   

I'm just positing a theory.

What theory is that? I must have missed it.

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 09:46 PM
link   

I'm just positing a theory.

What theory is that? I must have missed it.

It's in the first post, it's called an OP (for opening post)

Don't worry, I'll wait till you catch up.

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 09:49 PM
link   

You suggest a lot of things in the OP. Perhaps you can reiterate your "theory" so that my pretty little head can grock what you're terrorizing here?
edit on 10-7-2018 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 09:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Ah, you come from the school of thought that babies are found under convenient cabbage leaves then.

I come under the school of thought of individual freedom and let the divine spirit make the final decision. Not Man...The arrogance of speaking for God is the height of spiritual arrogance.

You reap what you sow...so to speak...
edit on 10-7-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 09:50 PM
link   

You suggest a lot of things in the OP. Perhaps you can reiterate your "theory" so that my pretty little head can grock what you're terrorizing here?

Awww.

I used small words, get your mom to help you spell them out.

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Why haven't you answered my questions? What's wrong with Roe V Wade, what needs fixing? Do you think abortion=murder is a SCOTUS issue?

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Who prays on vulnerable women right?
Don't mess up you're game right?

Womanizer!

I don't really know where I was going with that.
edit on Rpm71018v55201800000011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 09:53 PM
link   

I don't think anyone thinks that "the left" that some of you are always talking about represents most Americans.

Most Americans are moderate and Independent ... and have been for years. (Around 42%). Even those who identify with one of the two parties are closer to center than they are to the extremes.

Yet, all we hear about here are the extremes, hand-puppets blown up large like Macy's Parade floats.

It's not a question merely of the availability of abortion in a given State as there have always been ways around that.

That's not what is at stake in Roe: it's the right of self-determination of a woman's own body.

Personally, I think Kavanaugh is the best of the lot that Trump had named. Justice Kennedy trusts him, and so, until he proves differently, I'll trust him as well to be even-handed.

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 09:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

That's not what is at stake in Roe: it's the right of self-determination of a woman's own body.

That's your opinion.

And maybe, if it ever comes to trial, there might be an actual discussion about it.

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Do you think abortion is a Constitutional right?

Yes.

Do you think abortion=murder is a SCOTUS issue?

What is wrong with Roe V Wade that you think needs fixing?

Abortion is not a Constitutional right. It is not mentioned anywhere in the document. Liberal justices had to create 'emanations' and 'penumbras' within the 14th Amendment to argue for the final ruling of Roe v Wade. Even with all their distortion and massaging of the COTUS, even those Justices had to admit that the individual States have a compelling interest in preserving/defending the life of the unborn; ergo the States can still regulate the procedure so long as the woman's life/health are not jeopardized (edit) and the child is considered viable.

The real problem came with Doe vs. Bolton that allowed a doctor to consider emotional states, psychological, family situations, and the woman's age in addition to physical issues when deciding if an abortion was necessary. That opened the floodgates for abortion mills. When all you need is a person with a medical degree to rubber stamp a template memo about some woman's mental state you get the overwhelming numbers of abortions because the woman doesn't feel ready, or doesn't think it's fair for the family to have another kid, etc. THAT is the real source of the problem.

EDIT - I'll leave this here...

edit on 10-7-2018 by Teikiatsu because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 09:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: randyvs

Who prays on vulnerable women right?
Don't mess up you're game right?

Womanizer!

I don't really know where I was going with that.

I had a vasectomy when I was 20 years old. Wanna see the scar?

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 10:05 PM
link   

I had a vasectomy when I was 20 years old. Wanna see the scar?

Stop flirting!
Sounds like I nailed your whole fortay.
edit on Rpm71018v06201800000049 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 10:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

That's your opinion.

And maybe, if it ever comes to trial, there might be an actual discussion about it.

Nope, it's not my opinion. It's a fact.

The only alternative to Choice until fetal viability is for the State to tell a woman she must act as an incubator.

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 10:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Teikiatsu

Are there situations, in your opinion, in which the abortion procedure is justified?

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Abortion is a protected constitutional right to privacy and self determined liberty. Do you think SCOTUS has the means to declare abortion unconstitutional?

The real problem came with Doe vs. Bolton that allowed a doctor to consider emotional states, psychological, fmaily situations, and the woman's age in addition to physical issues when deciding if an abortion was necessary.

Call a whaaaambulance! Doctors only decide if an abortion is "necessary" if a woman's health is at risk. Women don't need to obtain a doctor's "approval" for abortion on demand.

even those Justices had to admit that the individual States have a compelling interest in preserving/defending the life of the unborn;

The state has no place "defending" the unborn. It has an interest in preserving life after viability. Too bad Catholic hospitals don't share that value. The states each had their own abortion laws, and it was a disaster. That's why we have Roe V Wade. Constitutional rights don't vary from state to state. That's where that pesky 14th Amendment comes in!

edit on 10-7-2018 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Are there situations, in your opinion, in which the abortion procedure is justified?

Absolutely. There are times when the mother's own body senses there is something wrong with the pregnancy and aborts. Sometimes it can't complete the process itself and needs external assistance.

Also, in cases of rape, the mother's freedom to choose was taken from her. In those unfortunate cases the choice to maintain the pregnancy or not should be allowed. If she chooses to abort, then I believe the rapist should be charged with involuntary manslaughter in addition to his other crimes.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join