It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The real reason why the left has gone insane

page: 16
<< 13  14  15   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 10:20 AM
link   
a reply to: fredrodgers1960

So, they try to go around that. Roe/Wade was a way for them to get abortion "legal" throughout the entire country, instead of actually changing the constitution accordingly.

What exactly, in the Constitution, do you think would have to change for abortion to be legal? Why did the Supreme Court deem state laws proscribing pre-viability abortion unconstitutional?

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 10:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: fredrodgers1960

Our forefathers were some pretty smart guys. What really gets me though is, these leftist politicians swore an oath to protect and defend the constitution, and they are doing the exact opposite.

Fred..

They have been trying to undermine the Constitution since it was written.

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 04:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

So, they try to go around that. Roe/Wade was a way for them to get abortion "legal" throughout the entire country, instead of actually changing the constitution accordingly.

What exactly, in the Constitution, do you think would have to change for abortion to be legal? Why did the Supreme Court deem state laws proscribing pre-viability abortion unconstitutional?

Any way they could do it. Anything else, or any other way, can be reversed with very little change. Conservatives have simply been waiting for a majority, and that will be locked in for decades to come. This issue should have stayed a State issue. I will bet a shiny new Ben franklin that once this is changed, it will be done in such a way that reversing it will be near impossible. Liberals fight battles. Conservatives fight wars.

Fred..

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 04:27 PM
link   

I don't know Fred. It seems to the only problem with abortion and the Constitution is the 14th Amendment, and that's a pro-life problem. How else can they get around the "persons born" part without changing the Constitution?

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

I don't know Fred. It seems to the only problem with abortion and the Constitution is the 14th Amendment, and that's a pro-life problem. How else can they get around the "persons born" part without changing the Constitution?

By having it changed. How else can they get abortion added as a "right"? Because without an amended Constitution, abortion will ALWAYS end up being a strictly partisan effort, and the left will end up losing eventually, each and every time.

Until abortion is added as a RIGHT.

Sorry, was on the road and I'm just now catching up.

Fred..
edit on 24-7-2018 by fredrodgers1960 because: On da road again,,,,,,,

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15   >>

join