It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The real reason why the left has gone insane

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 08:03 AM
link   
The Left has gone insane because for the past 20 to 30 years they've been teaching their kids that no one loses, everyone gets a trophy, all that matters are your feelings, and even if you got the math wrong, you tried and that's what's important.

Now these folks are "adults". They haven't been properly trained or disciplined to control themselves, so they think they can do whatever they want, be as profane as they want, act as violent as they want, attack innocent people because they didn't win, ignore the law when it suits them.

Take away the right of the parent, or maybe they were nitwits anyway, and you get the modern Liberal, batsh*t crazy with hate, and behaving in the same way the Left abhors, bullying people they don't like, physically and verbally.

I'm ashamed to say it was my generation who raised these monsters. Now the country has a nightmare on its hands.

The problem is far bigger than just one issue. The Left thinks they own the system by which we are governed and can use it for their purposes alone. That kind of entitlement is poisonous, and that poison now runs through the veins of our society.

We've gone septic and the disease is raging. There is no antibiotic for what ails us.

After Trump got elected the patient went critical and is now deep in delirium.

I've had to take a step back, sit down actually, and insulate myself from the news. It's making me ill now, literally. My health has tanked from the stress of watching the President and his family attacked, for no good reason.

Why attack a man who, in this country, is free to think, free to prosper and, if qualified, free to become President if he is who "We the People" choose? These people even attack his young child which, from a psychological standpoint, is very sick.

After this post, I'm signing out. There is no more I can do as an individual. I am seriously, physically ill.

I am sorry to have to leave this fight, instigated by the losing party, in healthier hands.

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 08:10 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

And you are entitled to your belief, just like you are entitled to not have an abortion.

For my part, I don't know when a person becomes an individual and I question if this notion will ever be fully solved. Therefore, until the issue IS resolved the federal government should stay OUT of people's personal lives...just like the rest of the conservative ideology (i.e. less government, more states rights). In fact, didn't you even say just that in your OP???

This is not a federal issue, nor should it be. Period.

We've been through this before (you and I), but you have to admit the anti-abortion issue (overturning Roe v Wade) posture of the right is in direct contradiction with conservative ideology (which not so incidentally also advocates separation of church and state).

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 08:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lurker1
The Left has gone insane because for the past 20 to 30 years they've been teaching their kids that no one loses, everyone gets a trophy, all that matters are your feelings, and even if you got the math wrong, you tried and that's what's important.

Now these folks are "adults". They haven't been properly trained or disciplined to control themselves, so they think they can do whatever they want, be as profane as they want, act as violent as they want, attack innocent people because they didn't win, ignore the law when it suits them.

Take away the right of the parent, or maybe they were nitwits anyway, and you get the modern Liberal, batsh*t crazy with hate, and behaving in the same way the Left abhors, bullying people they don't like, physically and verbally.

I'm ashamed to say it was my generation who raised these monsters. Now the country has a nightmare on its hands.

The problem is far bigger than just one issue. The Left thinks they own the system by which we are governed and can use it for their purposes alone. That kind of entitlement is poisonous, and that poison now runs through the veins of our society.

We've gone septic and the disease is raging. There is no antibiotic for what ails us.

After Trump got elected the patient went critical and is now deep in delirium.

I've had to take a step back, sit down actually, and insulate myself from the news. It's making me ill now, literally. My health has tanked from the stress of watching the President and his family attacked, for no good reason.

Why attack a man who, in this country, is free to think, free to prosper and, if qualified, free to become President if he is who "We the People" choose? These people even attack his young child which, from a psychological standpoint, is very sick.

After this post, I'm signing out. There is no more I can do as an individual. I am seriously, physically ill.

I am sorry to have to leave this fight, instigated by the losing party, in healthier hands.

You're right but it's a bit more complicated. My Parents wanted the Participation Trophy. I focused on how I didn't strike out the other team...except once. Man. That Side Arm got me in trouble but he swung and missed.

The point is...it's the old people who demanded respect and the old people who failed to teach. But they didn't have the internet...so who do we blame?

The comfortable politicians who are hail marying the destruction of everything because they can't admit that they were wrong.

That's who we blame.

That's logic.

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 08:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

But it was the "state" that allowed it in the first place.

Life, Liberty, Pursuit of Happiness.

The 3 inalienable rights the Constitution states directly.

We are denying the Constitutional guarantee of life to individuals.

In my opinion.

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 08:18 AM
link   
a reply to: MemoryShock

No, it's the "old people" who HAD respect, and it's the young people who FAILED/REFUSED to LEARN that respect. And the opportunities to learn that respect were, and continue to be, endless.

BIG difference!

MAMMOTH DIFFERENCE!

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Fair enough.

We disagree.

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 08:20 AM
link   
What is with this trend to use ridiculous words to describe a political group you don't agree with on this site? Lost their minds... gone crazy... literally insane (yes.. I've seen that), mental illness... do you really think exaggerating helps make your point or something?

The left is not any more "crazy" than the right. They both have their fair share of crazies, and far left and right leaning whackos. For the most part however, I'd like to think both groups are for the most part, reasonable, sound-minded people with ideas, morals and ethics of their own.

I lean left, but support some ideas on the right... and from others groups as well. I agree with what makes sense (to me of course). But I don't judge others for having differing opinions. They are entitled to those opinions, if I think they are wrong, misguided, or just to me, odd. But I respect them for their opinions - they are humans, like me after all. So I really don't get why people have gone off the deep end in trying to describe people with differing political ideologies.

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Contrary to your right wing delusions, there appears to be some polling not supporting your views:

"As of 2017, public support for legal abortion remains as high as it has been in two decades of polling. Currently, 57% say abortion should be legal in all or most cases, while 40% say it should be illegal in all or most cases."

Pew: www.pewforum.org...

Gallop: news.gallup.com...

PollingReport: www.pollingreport.com...

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 08:37 AM
link   
a reply to: fleabit

I agree with you...up to a point.

However, when one of those groups starts advocating physical violence or destruction of physical property on the other over those same beliefs, well, then there's a mental health issue clearly in play.

And before anyone goes there, did this ever happen over the abortion issue? You bet it did! Were those people "crazy"??

Damn straight, they were!!

So yes, "crazy" cuts both ways, but that's not to say there aren't "crazies" out there! However, when the party leadership starts advocating these types of acts then they cast a pretty dim light on their constituents as a whole.

Just sayin'.

edit on 7/11/2018 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 08:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

I don't consider myself religious or even conservative.

But I believe in individual rights.

And I think the unborn child as an individual.

So you want to legislate forced incubation on women.

If we want to make laws on what people do with their body, we should legislate the sex act. Let’s say, you are not allowed to have sex unless you sign a form stating you are doing it solely for procreation (recreational sex is now banned).

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 09:24 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

Ahhh, but if you legalized it and then taxed recreational sex the left would be all over it!! That would be their new campaign slogan!

"SEX FOR ALL!!"

This is the thing which kills me about the left, they pick some moral high-ground issue and make it one of their foundation pillars, but then when the tide changes they'll drop it like a hot rock and move on to some other shiny object. It's spelled hypocrisy.

Just last week (seriously, just last week) the left was screaming bloody freaking MURDER about children in cages, it's ALL about the children, the children...the CHILDREN, DAMMIT!!

This week it's about the right to an abortion and KILLING THE CHILDREN!! We DEMAND our rights to KILL THE CHILDREN, DAMMIT!!

Well, which freaking one is it; Which is it???????

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 09:25 AM
link   
When we have an evil person, a bad moral actor facing the death penalty, we don't trust one person to make that decision. We don't let one judge, or one lawyer, or one juror decide who lives and dies. We have this huge apparatus of grand juries, vor dire juries, appellate courts and prison boards who all have to agree for there to be an execution.

Yet when we have an innocent life, a life that had only just begun, we let a scared teenager make that decision. Oh, she can be advised by a doctor who makes his living by ending the lives of innocents. Who gets another 3 grand if she chooses the death penalty for an innocent stranger, but zero if she chooses to give that stranger 18 years with a wealthy couple who will nurture the child and send it to college.

The leftist, death culture mantra is that "no one has a right to tell me what to do with my body."

True, but you don't get to have a stranger murdered, and say it's no one else's business, Don Corleone.

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 09:28 AM
link   

I agree with you...up to a point.
However, when one of those groups starts advocating physical violence or destruction of physical property on the other over those same beliefs, well, then there's a mental health issue clearly in play.

The entire group is not advocating anything. Nor the leadership. You mentioned how leadership actually is recommending physical violence or destruction of property. Who is that? I hadn't heard that, but if someone said that.. I'm sure it was just that, one person. Even a unruly protest with say.. 5k people, is a tiny minority of the whole, and doesn't represent the whole.

Now if the entire democratic leadership were in fact, to advocate physical violence, I'd have a serious problem with the party.

I just get weary of people (on this site in particular, although I'm sure it happens on all boards) of people painting groups of people with a broad brush, to make it simpler to deal with I suppose. Easier to hate on everyone who doesn't agree with your beliefs I guess, rather than actual focus on the responsible parties.

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 09:33 AM
link   

"Basket of Deplorables" anyone?

What was that about stereotyping again?

I don't think I heard you.

~~~~Mic Drop~~~~

edit on 7/11/2018 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Children are considered children once they’re viable and/or born.

What about the hipocracy on the right when they say abortion is okay if the mother’s life is at stake or in cases of rape and incest? Either it’s okay to abort a fetus or it’s not. Which is it???

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 10:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Yes, maybe you should have. ATS is clearly a politics site with a conspiracy section. At least that's what it has turned into.
Because aliens and Chupacabra is so Art Bell..... and politics affects us on a real level. I much prefer the Illuminati/Skull and Bones/Rothschilds conspiracy theories. Though there is a point where Rothschilds meets David Icke meets shapeshifting aliens.

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 10:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

~~~~Mic Drop~~~~

Are you saying there’s no such thing as deplorable people who supported Trump? That comment was never about “all” Trump supporters.

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 10:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

Children are considered children once they’re viable and/or born.

What about the hipocracy on the right when they say abortion is okay if the mother’s life is at stake or in cases of rape and incest? Either it’s okay to abort a fetus or it’s not. Which is it???
Because that is more a biomedical ethics case than one of inconvenient pregnancy. Scientists and doctors know that life begins at conception....the pro choice movement had to blur the lines with ideas about viability outside the womb and such in order to make their case when a simple sonogram shows the live baby inside. (that is....their statement that its only a bunch of cells lining the uterus was a complete and utter lie given to vulnerable people).

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 10:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

~~~~Mic Drop~~~~

Are you saying there’s no such thing as deplorable people who supported Trump? That comment was never about “all” Trump supporters.
I suppose half is better than all.
Here

“You know, to just be grossly generalistic, you could put half of Trump’s supporters into what I call the basket of deplorables. Right?” Clinton said. “The racist, sexist, homophobic, xenophobic, Islamaphobic—you name it. And unfortunately there are people like that. And he has lifted them up.”She said the other half of Trump’s supporters “feel that the government has let them down” and are “desperate for change.”
time.com...
So she does feel that way about roughly 30 million or so. Here are the numbers www.nytimes.com...
edit on 11-7-2018 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: ThirdEyeofHorus

You know that viability is when a baby can survive outside the woman’s womb, with assistance. Before viability, the fetus cannot survive outside the womb, even with assistance. Before viability, the fetus is irrevocably linked to the woman’s body, and therefore it is her decision what to do with it.

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join