It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First look: Dems crush GOP in party registration

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Maybe it means something, but its just as likely to be misleading. Registrations aren't necessarily indicative of how a person is going to vote. They'd be a better indicator if people updated their registrations every cycle, but many haven't bothered updating since they first registered back in the stone age and either their views have changed, or the party they registered with has left them behind. Consider the registration data from 2014:

www.huffingtonpost.com...

Among the best examples are Louisiana, Kentucky and West Virginia, with 15-20 point Dem advantages, but you can also include Oklahoma as well. On election day...especially in federal elections...the Dems usually get clobbered in those states unless the Dem candidate can convince the voters that he or she is significantly more conservative than the national party. The registration advantages simply don't translate to votes in those states.

edit on 11-7-2018 by vor78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Xenogears

I think you are just making stuff up just because you don't like the way reality played out and are still living in a conservative fantasy land. You are free to prove me wrong and produce all that evidence of massive voter fraud that has even evaded the view of Kris Kobach and his partisan tainted investigation into voting fraud. However, saying "it hasn't" doesn't magically make your version of events correct.

Though I'm not sure how the narrative of this conspiracy theory is supposed to work. Liberals rigged elections so that they'd win the election that doesn't count but lose the one that determines who will actually be the President? Perhaps you can elucidate the strategy behind such a plan, because that is cartoon villain levels of inept planning and I doubt that if the Democrats were as dirty as you guys like to believe they'd come up with and implement such an obviously flawed plan.
edit on 11-7-2018 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: vor78

True. I was just pointing this out to show that it is a good sign for Democrats and that the growing idea of #walkaway is likely a conservative fiction.

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Glad you are encouraged ....

New poll spells doom for Democrats’ dreams of a blue wave

A new Axios/SurveyMonkey poll shows that the Democratic Party is poised to lose three seats to Republicans in the midterm elections: Republican Mike Braun has a 2-point lead on Sen. Joe Donnelly of Indiana, Rick Scott has a 3-point lead on Sen. Bill Nelson of Florida and Republican Rep. Kevin Cramer has a 5-point lead on Sen. Heidi Heitkamp of North Dakota.

Democrats, who have 49 Senate seats at the moment, look likely to win two GOP-held seats, with Arizona Democrat Kyrsten Sinema leading three Arizona Republican candidates and Nevada's Jacky Rosen leading GOP Sen. Dean Heller by 3 points. In addition, Democratic Senators Joe Manchin in West Virginia and Jon Tester in Montana are now leading by double digits to GOP candidates.

Still, that won't be enough for Democrats to flip the chamber. To capture the Senate, Democrats would need to pick up 10 seats they're defending in states Trump won in 2016, plus secure an extra two. Republicans are likely to secure their seat in Tennessee, where Marsha Blackburn has a 14-point lead on Democrat Phil Bredesen.

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: MetalThunder

Right the Senate remains elusive for the Democrats. That is nothing new. Pundits have been saying that since before the election season started.

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 01:22 PM
link   

The point is that if the trend numbers are the same year after year it proves the opposite of exception, in this case exceptional growth, it is very very normal and there is a ton of historical data provided that shows this is not new growth, I can not make it any more simple for you.

edit on 11-7-2018 by fatkid because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: fatkid

What trend numbers? You didn't post any trend numbers. You posted a link to a pew research link aggregation search for "political party affiliation".

Here are party affiliation numbers. It isn't the same as party registration numbers, but it is at least data. Unlike what you provided. Though this is poll data instead of collected data from a database.
edit on 11-7-2018 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Wow, if there are more democrats nation wide than republicans, more democrats are going to register.

Why can you not grasp this?

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

That is why I said *tend*

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 02:21 PM
link   
I'm not sure why this would really upset any Republican. At this point, Republican control of the country is incumbent upon maintaining electoral vote counts per republican voter. Republicans haven't won the popular vote in almost 20 years, so I'd surmise they're not worried as long as a vote from a Republican voter counts for 1.35 votes from a Democratic voter.

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 03:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: fatkid
a reply to: Gryphon66

That is why I said *tend*

Yes, but you also said "that is why Republicans won" ... and it's just not that simple in my opinion.

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 03:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Too bad there isn't a 2018 US Elections forum. Ah well. I'll just post this here instead. So it looks like Axios collected data on party voter registrations up to today and Democrats are CRUSHING it.

Here's some interesting bits about why this is important:

Key numbers: Among the 31 states (plus D.C.) with party registration, there are nearly 12 million more registered Democrats than Republicans.

40% of all voters in party registration states are Democrats, 29% are Republicans, and 28% are independents.

In 19 states (plus D.C.) there are more registered Democrats; in the remaining 12 there are more registered Republicans.

This can make all the difference. A quick look back to 2016 shows Trump won 11 of those 12 states with more Republican registered voters.

I know there is this idea of #walkaway trending here recently, but the hard stats of reality are saying that the blue ranks are swelling.

Biased source....just look at their past history based on their sourcing.

Pretty sure they will get crushed by the GOP come voting time. Early polls are never correct.

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 05:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

Too bad there isn't a 2018 US Elections forum. Ah well. I'll just post this here instead. So it looks like Axios collected data on party voter registrations up to today and Democrats are CRUSHING it.

Here's some interesting bits about why this is important:

Key numbers: Among the 31 states (plus D.C.) with party registration, there are nearly 12 million more registered Democrats than Republicans.

40% of all voters in party registration states are Democrats, 29% are Republicans, and 28% are independents.

In 19 states (plus D.C.) there are more registered Democrats; in the remaining 12 there are more registered Republicans.

This can make all the difference. A quick look back to 2016 shows Trump won 11 of those 12 states with more Republican registered voters.

I know there is this idea of #walkaway trending here recently, but the hard stats of reality are saying that the blue ranks are swelling.

Biased source....just look at their past history based on their sourcing.

Pretty sure they will get crushed by the GOP come voting time. Early polls are never correct.

Would you consider yourself a biased source?

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 07:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: avgguy
Why would anybody vote Democrat right now? Serious question.

Because...free stuff.

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 07:41 PM
link   
I walked away at least 10 years ago, but since it’s open party here, I suppose it won’t matter until the tears start rolling(after the shock, of course). Just keep counting on those polls!

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 07:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Pretty sure they will get crushed by the GOP come voting time.

Vasa, there is no "GOP" anymore. That term is for the history books, unless Congress grows a pair.

But I think you are right.
The "blue wave" will crash into the "red wall".

I personally hate it, you know. I really do as I believe our integrity as a country and our democratic way of life is being threatened and completely diminished, and we have already lost our status as a 'world leader', which is just as well I guess, we weren't doing that well with that anyway. I am hopeful at some point we can actually make our country 'great again", because we sure are eviscerating it now.

but yeah. I think trump will go in again. The extreme right has taken over the asylum, and it's going to take a lot to restore it. We'll do it. Although it might be later than sooner. Unless of course many of us get our way, and Trump is impeached. That might be our saving grace.

I don't mean to challenge you. Just speaking my truth.

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 08:20 PM
link   

I think you are just making stuff up just because you don't like the way reality played out and are still living in a conservative fantasy land. You are free to prove me wrong and produce all that evidence of massive voter fraud that has even evaded the view of Kris Kobach and his partisan tainted investigation into voting fraud. However, saying "it hasn't" doesn't magically make your version of events correct.

Though I'm not sure how the narrative of this conspiracy theory is supposed to work. Liberals rigged elections so that they'd win the election that doesn't count but lose the one that determines who will actually be the President? Perhaps you can elucidate the strategy behind such a plan, because that is cartoon villain levels of inept planning and I doubt that if the Democrats were as dirty as you guys like to believe they'd come up with and implement such an obviously flawed plan.

They want the Census to count illegals to give them more seats. Rumor is elsewhere they also tried to rig it. Again no thorough independent auditing has happened. I mean even the REAL ID law, check it, if I recall correctly despite it being required for a lot after 2020 it ain't required to vote. Dems agreed with REAL ID because it wouldn't kill their golden goose.

Snopes themselves, iirc, shows Trump wins nearly by 1.5 M outside of cali, unprecedented and unexpected.

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 08:52 PM
link   
I don't see how Trump can get re-elected, what independent or undecided voters are going to support him after being the biggest ass in the universe?

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 10:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: CB328
I don't see how Trump can get re-elected, what independent or undecided voters are going to support him after being the biggest ass in the universe?

You sure haven’t learned it yet. You are the reason he got elected in the first place and you’ve basically re-electing him in 2020. You just don’t get it.
edit on 11-7-2018 by valve because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2018 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Challenge accepted on evidence of "massive voter fraud"

first there was a green party member that initiated in THREE STATES that trump won with two (WI and PA) actually triggering a recount.
Guess what happened.
In PA the recount in initial investigation found many "voter irregularities" .
that means in clear language votes THAT WERE NOT LEGAL or CORRECTLY DONE.
they did not specify if fraud , the dead, or illegals voted.
Because that was not the claim/lawsuit filed by the green party.
But they were by any definition FRAUDULENT votes.
so "voter fraud".

the votes that were discounted were FOR HILLARY in almost all cases.
this was clearly stated and used as reason for stopping the recount since it was CLEAR that trump was gaining votes and that his win was legal.
WI found the same .

Note before someone claims "they were just innocent mistakes" the FACT that there was so many in just the brief investigation basic reason discounts this attempt at deflection.

Now when the democrats , liberals, and anti trump keep saying "he lost the popular vote" trump fairly asked for an independent recount/investigation in CA.
guess what happened
those like you claiming "no massive voter fraud" REFUSED to allow an independent investigation.
it was fought tooth and nail so trump had bigger issues to deal with.
but given the resistance from the very groups "claiming popular vote" it is very logical to see there was something clearly to hide.
now to be fair does that prove voter fraud in CA....not definitively

the very people like you claiming "no massive voter fraud" not wanting an investigation in CA where all the "popular votes" come from?
especially when liberals, democrats, and anti trump will take any and every issue (be proven or not) to go after trump?
if it is clean as you claim this would be a PR slam dunk against trump now wouldn't it?

I didn't go into the democratic party fighting states who tried to go over voter roles to clear out felons, the dead, ect nor the fact that when cook county/chicago investigates voter role issues that EVERY TIME fraud, the dead, and many other issues are found.
hence the joke not really joke of the "dead vote early and often".
because the two previous points CLEARLY SHOW your claims are at best unsubstantiated and more realistically unproven propaganda.

Scrounger

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join