It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First look: Dems crush GOP in party registration

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 07:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Growing perhaps. Leading no.
Independent votes cast just serve as votes against a major party candidate.
I doubt you will ever see an independent in the whitehouse.
The only reason for any party registration is so the party knows who to ask for donations.

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 07:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

Growing perhaps. Leading no.
Independent votes cast just serve as votes against a major party candidate.
I doubt you will ever see an independent in the whitehouse.
The only reason for any party registration is so the party knows who to ask for donations.

You never know Silly. Things change.

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 07:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

i thought you said you were an independent? Why would you be cheerleading for Democrats I wonder?

Goodness my man, he's not cheerleading for anyone he's just reading the tea leaves and you start foaming at the mouth!

Back on topic, i'm not surprised at the surge since Trump took office. Now maybe the Democrats will take things a little more seriously.

There is one caveat however, registration doesn't always equal out to votes. Even though this past election seasons, I saw lines that where longer than I've seen and that was for early voting, the lines on the day of the actual voting was crazy.

Keep readin them tea leaves cuz, some of us appreciate it.

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 07:46 AM
link   

To be honest I don't think most people live their lives thinking about their government on a daily basis..
We are not the normal ones in this respect lol.
I think people should be involved every day but most only ever care in an election year and then it's a tribal vote anyway.
This admin is unique in that it has focused a lot of people on the daily workings of government who may not have been with any other president.
But it's kind of like putting out a watchman when there's a crime spree in your neighborhood.
You know there's an increased risk so you watch.

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 07:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

20 years or so ago I would have agreed with you.

AT this point, the media/entertainment complex keeps us all embedded in political trauma drama 24/7.

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 07:58 AM
link   

40% of all voters in party registration states are Democrats, 29% are Republicans, and 28% are independents.

That's pretty telling. almost 1/3 are done with the 2 party system.

A question. How does one register as independent? It's not a party per se.

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 08:01 AM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

You just choose "unaffiliated" when you register to vote. Independent may also be counting third party registrants too.

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Sure things change but how many significant changes have occurred in major political parties since the revolution? Not a whole lot.
But it may be time. I think if there were no parties most people would go into the voting booth asking who's that? Or wouldn't vote at all.

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 09:37 AM
link   
a reply to: cenpuppie

New registrants vote. It's like driving the new car.

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 09:46 AM
link   

That's what I'm saying. We're compelled to participate because he's always in the news.
Cable news is responsible for increased awareness to be sure.
But even school house rock had something to teach. Lol
I've been interested in history and government since I was twelve but I also admit that my friends considered me a bit of a nerd because of it.
I got involved at 14 handing out Nixon buttons and bumper stickers at a campaign location on long island in 1971 for his re-election.

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 09:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

Sure things change but how many significant changes have occurred in major political parties since the revolution? Not a whole lot.
But it may be time. I think if there were no parties most people would go into the voting booth asking who's that? Or wouldn't vote at all.

I think it is impossible for there to ever be no parties. Humans are tribal by nature. We like to group up along similar characteristics. This includes politics. If we didn't have national parties as an ingrained part of our country, then you can bet that informal political factions and groups would arise in the country. Ideally, we are all different with different beliefs, but in practice we tend to shun and fear our differences and celebrate and reward our similarities.

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 09:55 AM
link   

I can agree. Even in a completely social level people tend toward moderate ideals neither lax or extreme. Don't step on my toes I won't step on yours. Don't get crazy ideas and don't let people walk all over you either.
Again I hand the responsibility for this to cable and internet as providing an increased awareness of a plethora of social issues and concerns. Most people are actually nice they want to live, make a good wage, care for their families and are moderate in their beliefs and actions.
edit on 7112018 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Until the data is cross referenced with valid/not reported stolen social security numbers and death certificates the report is moot.

Look, thousands of dead people recently registered as democrats so the swamp can continue to subvert their own primaries!

Yawn. That's old news and BAU from the left.
edit on 11-7-2018 by GenerationGap because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 10:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: GenerationGap

Look, thousands of dead people recently registered as democrats so the swamp can continue to subvert their own primaries!

Is this your belief or are you presenting it as fact?

If it's fact, can you prove it? If not, I say it's BS.

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 10:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: odzeandennz

Why would you assume that anything less than almost all of them are Americans? The Democrat/illegal voter narrative has been disproven many times over. I image there is a VERY tiny minority of illegal voters or dead people not purged from the roles, but not at these levels. That is silliness. You are free to stuff your head in the sand and pretend like this is nothing though.

It hasn't. Trump won popular vote by nearly 1.5 millions outside of california, which now seems to call themselves a sanctuary state. Their voting numbers haven't been independently audited by third parties as far as I know. I think they fought and blocked Trump's earlier investigations into it, iirc.

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 11:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

AT this point, the media/entertainment complex keeps us all embedded in political trauma drama 24/7.

Really? Use the on/off switch on your device. You can chose the trauma drama you want to be involved in.

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 11:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

www.people-press.org...

Here are a ton of articles from 2011-2012-2013-2014-2015

They all have the same stats so I don’t see your point being valid at all.

We all know there are more democrats than republicans, it is why Hillary had more votes than trump but still lost the election.

Democrats *tend* to be from larger cities (more populated ones) but aren’t as spread out across the nation, which is why republicans won the electoral vote.

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

originally posted by: Gryphon66

Really? Use the on/off switch on your device. You can chose the trauma drama you want to be involved in.

Sure, in an ultimate sense you're correct. However, I live and move in a society that has not shut off their devices, which is why I used the word "embedded" to describe it. We can't get away from it because people themselves have become the vector for the ... disease.

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: fatkid

Geographic distribution is not the whole story.

There are Republicans in urban areas and Democrats in the country.

Those "red-blue" maps are misleading ... the whole country is really in shades of purple ... so in that spirit ...

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: fatkid

I'm not sure what your point is here or how the link you provided proves whatever your point is supposed to be. I don't think you understand what voter registration data is supposed to represent or something.

Here is the ACTUAL trend numbers and not some random link and you'll see that Democrats aren't generally trending at 40%
edit on 11-7-2018 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join