It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First look: Dems crush GOP in party registration

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 08:05 AM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

Apparently, you are making assumptions about me.

PS: This isn't the mud pit. I'll ask you nicely to get back ontopic and stop discussing me.
edit on 4-9-2018 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 08:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Now your quotes are assumptions?
Nice
TLB

Go back to pointing out how generalizations are "mean" for everyone except liberals......

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Yea... Sorry, but I don't buy into polls ever since the 2016 election.

ESPECIALLY the ones pushed by the left MSM.

But as you said, it's ok if you too want to put your comfort blanke on and believe that a blue wave is coming.

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 08:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: vinifalou

Yea... Sorry, but I don't buy into polls ever since the 2016 election.

ESPECIALLY the ones pushed by the left MSM.

Naturally. I knew you'd say that. Never mind that all the exit polls were within the predicted margin of error so they were technically correct.

But as you said, it's ok if you too want to put your comfort blanke on and believe that a blue wave is coming.

It's funny, because if you decided to peek your head outside of your self-created echo chamber you'd see that even anecdotally that the blue base is VERY motivated. It's pretty hard to miss in your day-to-day life.

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 08:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
Go back to pointing out how generalizations are "mean" for everyone except liberals......

See. I never said that. That is an assumption that you added to the end of what I said. Just because I didn't explicitly single out liberals doesn't mean it is acceptable for them to generalize too. You are lying about me and again I ask that you stop and focus on the thread topic.

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Making sweeping and insulting generalizations about liberal voters isn't "truth" no matter how you try to spin it. It's just mean.

Now, having had the opportunity to define what is "acceptable" and what is not, no assumptions were made.
TLB

projects.fivethirtyeight.com...

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Let's see. I said that statement half a month ago, but as I recall, the context of the statement was a specific response to a poster who was making generalizations about liberals. So that's why I addressed it the way I did. I'd suggest not jumping into the middle of a conversation if you havn't been following it's context.

PS: Your links verify my optimism about a Democratic blue wave. Not sure why you posted them.

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 08:52 AM
link   

I said that statement half a month ago, but as I recall, the context of the statement was a specific response to a poster who was making generalizations about liberals.

even more so then...
Now, having had the opportunity to define what is "acceptable" and what is not, no assumptions were made.

PS: Your links verify my optimism about a Democratic blue wave. Not sure why you posted them.

focus on the thread topic

make up your mind....

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Well you posted the two links without comment. What was your intention of showing them?

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 09:07 AM
link   

www.pewresearch.org...

Why 2016 election polls missed their mark

I guess with some there is no "credibilty" lost?

How could the polls have been so wrong about the state of the election?

But they will be right this time???

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 09:14 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Those are from today.....
I was attempting to follow your instruction.....

unfortunately some are just unhappy....

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Why is it like pulling teeth trying to get you to elucidate your point? Why are you showing me aggregate poll links showing Dems with an advantage? I'm already well aware of those numbers.

unfortunately some are just unhappy....

No. What's making me unhappy is your vagueness and constantly reposting the "focus on the thread topic" line whenever I ask you to explain your point.

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Why is it like pulling teeth trying to get you to elucidate your point?

Why the desire to control others posts?
I am going to fall back on the unhappy explanation. It is as plausible as any, especially when called out.
TLB

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Control posts? I'm trying to have a conversation with you. USUALLY conversations are two way streets where both parties offer their views and opinions on a subject and develop the content from there. I didn't realize that asking you to provide a minimum level of participation in the thread to have a conversation was "controlling posts"...

Well since you feel that way, I guess we are done talking. I see I won't be getting any worthwhile discussion from you, and contrary to yet another assumption you made about me I don't want to control you. Especially since you seem more concerned with trolling me than talking to me like a real person. By all means carry on though. I just won't be responding anymore.

I only logged on to see this thread necroed this morning anyways.
edit on 4-9-2018 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 09:45 AM
link   
www.centerforpolitics.org...

The president’s approval rating, while poor, has not gotten worse in recent months; the House generic ballot, generally showing a Democratic lead of between six-to-eight points, is bad enough to indicate Republicans could lose the House, but not bad enough for that to feel like a certain outcome. Several Democrat-held Senate seats in red states remain very much in play, and Republicans are still very much in the game in Arizona and Nevada, their two hardest Senate seats to defend.

It appears it is not all doom and gloom for the gop.

The economy is good and we’re not in the midst of an unpopular foreign war, two sometimes-predictors of poor midterm performance for the White House party.

Hmm guess we will see if these points are exclaimed in the next couple of months.

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 09:54 AM
link   

I think one of the biggest factors the GOP will have to overcome is voter enthusiasm. In pretty much every special election the Dems have had around 80% retention rate compared to 2016. In comparison the Republicans have had around 50%.

If the Dems can put up 80% retention for special elections, which historically have low turnout, they might be able to hit their 2016 numbers in November. That's going to be a huge obstacle to overcome.

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

I think one of the biggest factors the GOP will have to overcome is voter enthusiasm.

Oh I agree.
I think it is THE reason hillary lost.
We will find out if impeachment is a good enough reason to get the same voters out that voted in nov of 16.
The economy being good and people being "comfortable" keeps them away from the voting booth IMO.

top topics

<< 8  9  10   >>

join