It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Happy Birthday RAF 100 today :D.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 01:54 PM
link   
I think many of us a debt of gratitude to the RAF and today it celebrates its 100th birthday and London got to see 100 aircraft fly over enjoyed by our Queen also.

It's a bit like pokemon If you try and identify them.

More clips.

The whole thing

So I as many tip my hat to the RAF past present and future.

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: testingtesting

Saw some of the flypast but was on the M25 so had to concentrate on that , didn't want to crash my truck.

I did wonder why the bridges over the motorway had parked cars and people milling about then many planes in formation started to fly over , very impressive.

Also saw a couple of Limo's with a large police motorcade as I was coming out of London , wonder who that was.

Happy Birthday RAF , you don't look a day over 60.

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Well, I saw the fly-by as I was in London today. Watched it between some buildings near Russell Square.

Really good and happy birthday.

Cannot help think that the RAF historic flight needs a Mosquito and that Vulcan in the air again. Plus a brace of English Electric Lightnings running full throttle. That would be a sight, eh?

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

Would love to see the Vulcan fly again I used to watch one yearly at Woodford airshow, my favorite aircraft tbh.

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 05:07 PM
link   
those Bullseye targets on the plane didn’t sound like a good idea!

Big respect to our boys, some of the best trained pilots in the world

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 05:18 PM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

Ahhhhhhh

edit on 10-7-2018 by testingtesting because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 10:52 PM
link   
I may be a Yank, but I'll sure give credit where credit is due, so I'll just say congratulations, and God bless the Royal Air Force.

You guys can damn sure build a gorgeous piece of machinery. I don't know what your secret is, but you guys seem to know how to put curves in all the right places.

Here's to ANOTHER hundred years. Cheers!

new topics

top topics

join