It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Court will not take away abortions, they will just imply common sense restrictions

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 07:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

They have no right to restrict anyones reproductive lives.

If they change the law they do.

Common sense restrictions my ass.

I don't think you can get pregnant that way.

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 08:33 PM
link   
a reply to: hunamongyou

Except you pay into private hands for your well being, which is regulated by government. Oh boy...

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 09:13 PM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

Key word being "Pay" which yes, I did pay since I have paid for my healthcare and I have paid taxes to support the government regulation of healthcare. No one's reproductive rights gives them a right to force me to pay for their abortions, their birth control, or anything else related to a lack of personal responsibility on their part.

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 09:55 PM
link   

and yet, you do pay...
for far more than birth control...
and ah, heck with it... I get tired of saying it..
let's center on you statement about having to pay for people's birth control because of "their lack of responsibility."..
women also pay for their insurance, and they also pay taxes, of which some ends up going into the healthcare system.
if someone's "lack of responsibility" ends up with their kid, or themselves breaking a leg or an arm... or a neck... chances are that either their insurance policy or maybe chips, or medicaid will be paying for that... she may be paying for their "lack of responsibility". if you're gonna start picking and choosing just what your insurance, just what gov't funds should be used for via chips, medicaid, insurance, ect... then shouldn't we all get to pick and choose? I mean, my kids are grown, and quite frankly, I paid for all their immunizations, why should my tax money be used to provide such for anybody's elses kids, especially if I can use it to buy my own birth control... because others seem to object that the basic health insurance plans cover it?
to be honest here... I am retired, disabled, so I don't pay taxes, still can't find a way to afford health care either, and don't have to worry about birth control anymore... but I am sure you get my drift!
basically if you don't want to pay for the birth control... well, then you can expect someone else to decide that they don't want to pay for this or that. and someone else might decide that this other thing over here is objectionable..
and the whole concept of insurance is shot to hades because the pools get smaller and smaller while people seek to be covered for only those things that they believe they may need coverage for in the near future.
and that in turn compromises the gov't safety net, since if people are being left out of those pool for the healthcare that they require and are financially struggling to meet those needs, why on earth should they have to pitch in to provide anyone else their healthcare?

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 10:54 PM
link   
a reply to: SocratesJohnson

Great post!

And here's an extra award for giving me so many chuckles as I've read the replies and seen just who got passed in both lanes. That is simply priceless. The righteous indignation is deep.

Funny thing is, a friend of mine brought up this very subject the other evening. He predicted exactly what I've witnessed here.

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Everyone always focuses on Roe, yet far too often no one considers the other part of the case.

In the original case, there were 2 issues that were at stake. The first was abortion and a woman's right to such. However, the other aspect of that case was the privacy between a patient and a doctor. That is something that should be considered and should be brought up, and thought about.

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 04:29 AM
link   

The point I was making flew right over your head.

If the government says that abortion is OK up to a certain point, that birth control can be covered under insurance, and you pay into it then you made the decision to allow it.

Personal responsibility has almost nothing to do with it. By that logic people should just not have sex at all unless they want a child. And guess what, you don't pay into enforcing that, so let people have the freedom to make the choice to have sex, and if something happens have the freedom to decide if they want to have a child or not.
edit on 11-7-2018 by strongfp because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2018 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Really don't understand why so many people did not take. High school civics the court can not just make a ruling on something out of thin air and they can not just because they want to change a former courts ruling. For the women's right to abortion to come back before the supreme court then it needs to go through lower courts for a long while before it makes its way to supreme court and then they have to determine if it is something they care to rule on and since it was already ruled on by the court most likely they would defer to earlier ruling. So all you listening to this nonsense the democrats be spewing think before falling for it just because they say it does not make it so.

posted on Jul, 12 2018 @ 11:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: testingtesting
a reply to: DBCowboy

Thats between the woman and her god.
But you can answer me how are you going to force women to carry a child they do not want?.
The only way you can solve this is educate people on safe sex so the need for abortions go down you aint gonna stop it.

The goal is not to force anybody to do anything. She is free to go to a "back alley" or wherever she wants. The goal is to not force Me, the taxpayer, to have to be a part of someone's excessive abortions, or murder of a baby because she changed her mind when her boyfriends reaction wasn't what she was hoping for at the time she secretly stopped taking her birth control... we arent forcing anyone to do anything. We are LETTING people be responsible for their actions. It's totally their choice to carry it to birth, get an illegal abortion, take a bunch of pills and have a miscarriage, or give it up for adoption. But whatever choice they make, THEY have to live with it. I don't wanna live with the blood of unborn babies on My hands. I don't want MY tax money involved with that. I don't want to be responsible to having laws that encourage disgusting, horrible behaviors.

Only a rape or a prevailing medical condition should be allowed to be aborted. The rest go to adoption. It's not fair people get to sweep their mistakes under the rug and never have to think about it again. I want your child to at least have a chance to find you one day and ask what happened.

If people saw other people being held responsible for their actions, they would think "I don't want to be humiliated and stripped of my honor like that person, so I'm gonna be more careful"

Instead, people growing up see everyone living care free lifestyles and a pregnancy is just a minor "oops", so, they lose a big motivation for them to live responsibly.

Any attempt to push back against the rising tide of promiscuity is met with screaming rages of "MY rights! MY freedom! MY sexual expression! MY pleasure! MY convenience!" Not a single thought is given to the babies they murder. It's all ME ME ME.

Except of when they need a quick burst of attention they might bring it up so they can cry and everyone can coddle them and tell them how it isn't their fault and they aren't a terrible person... even in the afterlife, the selfish individual will find a way to get Some use out of their dead child...they probably feel like they are Owed something, because they could have had that baby and collected welfare...but that would've interfered with them working on pregnancy #2.

posted on Jul, 12 2018 @ 11:53 PM
link   

I absolutely love how hard the lefties fell into this trap. Well played SJ. Well. Played. They don't even know they're in the trap. No self awareness whatsoever.

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 12:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar

to be honest here... I am retired, disabled, so I don't pay taxes, still can't find a way to afford health care either, and don't have to worry about birth control anymore... but I am sure you get my drift!

I get your drift. You want others to work and provide abortions for the poor even though you yourself are incapable of working and providing abortions for yourself let alone the poor. You are a taker, abortionist, poor, disabled. You are a democrat.

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 06:31 AM
link   
Common sense is not murdering children, no matter what stage they're in, because we all had to go through those same stages to become functional humans. To make the decision to kill a child just so a woman can still have her party life is abominable behavior. I've looked it up and rapes are a very, very small percentage of the abortions that happen and would be extenuating circumstances, but a woman killing a baby just because she doesn't want the responsibility, and because murdering the child is just easier, while men are "forced" to pay child support even if they're not ready is also a right that women have, that men do not. It would be nice to have many of the same options that women do, while at the same time they claim to have 'less' rights than men. Total BS. Women have Affirmative Action as well, so they have rights that white men do not. The only reasonable restriction, would be to restrict women from many of the things they do. They don't want responsibility...they just murder the problem, and we men are funding (taxes) the abortions which are enabling her to kill you child, which you probably weren't even told was on the way. Hell, even if women decide to keep the child, they will just divorce the male and sue him for child support, as it's more profitable AND the woman gets to escape any real responsibility there too, as its usually the male that gets screwed in court for the better part of the rest of his life. This is why women always threaten men to change their behavior, or they will "take your child forever and make you pay with every last dime you have". A bold and revealing statement of comfort during a time where everyone should be concerned....a divorce with child support. Women are not worried about this in the least as they don't have to pay, see the D.A. monthly to prove it, get their license and passport taken away if even "thought" to be a flight risk, (making it harder for the man to find a job) and women certainly don't go to jail if they don't provide for their children during this time, the male does. So yeah, the sensible response is to take away all this privilege from women, that is costing millions of children a year to die because of their own selfishness and narcissism.

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: ArmyOf

can you justify taking money from people who really cannot afford their own medications, their own doctor's bills, their own health care needs, just to turn around and give it to others who they feel are more worthy to have their needs covered? if so, please explain?
this is how people like me fall from being productive taxpayers to being disabled WIDOWS!!
being told that oh, you have to pay more local property taxes, oh you have to pay more sales taxes, more for you car registrations, more for your state taxes... more, more, more.... so we can have the funds to pay for the medicaid, of which you don't qualify.... while you watch your ability to walk deteriorate to the point where you are falling down on the job that you have to keep doing for the danged health insurance that still isn't really much help because the danged bills are still sinking the danged family's finances! so, you quit the job that you can no longer do when you realize that the latest perscription has sucked out so much money... you don't even have the money to pay for the gas to get to work, lose the insurance, and well, just end up resigned to let whatever happens... and what happens, oh ya, you wake up one day, get up to walk across the floor, hear the sound of bones snapping..... and end up needing surgery to repair the broken bones in the ankle that just snapped.. only.... in order to get that done... the surgeon want's a few thousand dollars downpayment before he will do that... still no help from the govv't, make too much money... still, oh please pay your taxes, we need the money to fund the medicaid...
either answer my question in a meaningful way.... just what gives the gov't the right to pick and chose just who, under what criteria, is worthy of that help and who is sol!! or just shut the heck up and don't judge me.. I went danged near a year after my husband died with absolute no income, and without danged gov't program that could help me before I finally managed to get that disability... social security, what ever you want to call it. widow's benefit!! you can just consider it as me getting back a little of the money that my father, my brother, my husband... all of who passed on before they got a penny of it... and myself paid in through their working years!!!

you find birth control as an unworthy healthcare need....
oh well, guess what... I found my neighbors concern over her kid's runny nose as an unworthy healthcare need also! didn't stop them from taking money from my family's income though did it??

I just don't take kindly to people picking and cho0sing who should get help and who should be left in the cold, or what healthcare is worthy or what isn't... my experience has told me that their picking and choosing usually ends up trickling down into insanity!!!
I am what people's picking and choosing has created and now they can live with that fact, just as I have to...

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: IlluminatiTechnician

such a simple view of such a complicated problem...
here's something that just might blow you little view a tad!!

abc13.com...

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join