It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russell Simmons Accused of Rape by Granddaughter of Book Publisher W.W. Norton

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 01:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: openyourmind1262
Truth be told...he probably did it. Reality is she went from 1990 till now 2018.....that's 28 years. That in it's self shades a pale light on her story. 28 years before she cried rape.....Not to sound insensitive.....but give me a damn break. 28 years??

The problem I have is the crickets with all of Hollywood/media etc... Something no one wants to touch with a 10 foot pole it seems. Cosby used drugs, so that was easy even though it seems his accusers went out with him many times, so even in his case it is hard to determine one way or the other, but the drug part made it easy.

Weinstein was easy too, little fat white man...

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

To quote a famous politician...at this point what difference does it make?

Victims of rape are typically very traumatized, including often needing treatment for PTSD.

It is important for them to do whatever it is to help with the healing process, which can take years. If exposing the perp is beneficial to them emotionally, then they should disclose it.

This is not about what is best for Russell Simmons.

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll

Victims of rape are typically very traumatized, including often needing treatment for PTSD.

It is important for them to do whatever it is to help with the healing process, which can take years. If exposing the perp is beneficial to them emotionally, then they should disclose it.

Any many take it as just some bad date night too, and that might be what she did until recent times changed things giving voice to those that were abused in the past.

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

Any many take it as just some bad date night too, and that might be what she did until recent times changed things giving voice to those that were abused in the past.

I think a woman knows the difference in a "bad date night" and when she has been sexually assaulted.

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 01:17 PM
link   

I think a woman knows the difference in a "bad date night" and when she has been sexually assaulted.

A lot of them don't...

Let's not act like women are above being conniving and claiming sexual assault just to get back at a guy. I've personally known four different cases where friends were falsely accused of rape/sexual assault.

The issue is that these cases are largely he said/she said... however, a guy can have his life irreparably harmed by a false accusation.

What I want to see is women being prosecuted to the fullest extend of the law for falsely accusing people of sexual assault. Right now, women barely get a slap on the wrist for lying.

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 01:23 PM
link   

I think many women really don't care...these guys have women that are just as much of a shark as they ever were trying to get a favor etc from them. The problem in both cases it seems they treated all women with the same attitude and we know that is not the case.

I would think there is a difference between a woman doing something that she really doesn't want to do, but does it anyways, compared to a forced rape. I think about the one actor that a woman he dated a couple of times came out against him in she didn't want to have sex with him, so she gave him a BJ instead and was upset...then she did the same thing again on the next date. As I said bad date night...

edit on 10-7-2018 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Fine. I'm wasn't talking about women who lie about being sexually assaulted.

I was discussing those who actually have been.

/fin

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Fine. I'm wasn't talking about women who lie about being sexually assaulted.

I was discussing those who actually have been.

/fin

I was also thinking about women that may wait 25 years to come out against someone. It may not be as you say in some kind of PTSD, but understand it was wrong anyways and now come out.

It is a slippery slope to accuse someone of assault and "No" was not forcefully used to ensure everyone understands.

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 01:47 PM
link   

I think many women really don't care...these guys have women that are just as much of a shark as they ever were trying to get a favor etc from them. The problem in both cases it seems they treated all women with the same attitude and we know that is not the case.

I would think there is a difference between a woman doing something that she really doesn't want to do, but does it anyways, compared to a forced rape. I think about the one actor that a woman he dated a couple of times came out against him in she didn't want to have sex with him, so she gave him a BJ instead and was upset...then she did the same thing again on the next date. As I said bad date night...

For every 1 accuser, there were probably 20 other women who bragged to their girlfriend's they screwed his brains out.

This is the fundamental problem with this movement among celebs. The movement takes a position that women are totally innocent and they are not. Women seek out the rich and famous. They throw the pootang around to get what they want.

With that said, the behaviors exhibited by these celeb men should not be surprising to anyone. When you have women throwing themselves at you daily, it probably screws up your reality. So when that one women pops up who in fact doesn't want to sleep with you, I can see how some of these guys may not know how to act in such a situation.

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 02:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

For every 1 accuser, there were probably 20 other women who bragged to their girlfriend's they screwed his brains out.

This is the fundamental problem with this movement among celebs. The movement takes a position that women are totally innocent and they are not. Women seek out the rich and famous. They throw the pootang around to get what they want.

With that said, the behaviors exhibited by these celeb men should not be surprising to anyone. When you have women throwing themselves at you daily, it probably screws up your reality. So when that one women pops up who in fact doesn't want to sleep with you, I can see how some of these guys may not know how to act in such a situation.

Well as I said it never was surprising, was normal up to this year. This doesn't mean they are not @ssholes still, but there are a lot of @ssholes in Hollywood. I don't think the typical person can fully comprehend the "rockstar" world. I'm sure old Harvey is still wondering what happened as if a bus hit him...lol
edit on 10-7-2018 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 03:02 PM
link   

28 years is 28 years.....To be honest, any woman or man from your past could claim you did something whether you did or didn't. Their claim equals out to your assumed guilt that you would have to defend in all area's of your life. And this is with zero evidence other than one saying it was so. Whole lotta leeway there.
edit on 10-7-2018 by openyourmind1262 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 03:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: openyourmind1262

28 years is 28 years.....To be honest, any woman or man from your past could claim you did something whether you did or didn't. Their claim equals out to your assumed guilt that you would have to defend in all area's of your life. And this is with zero evidence other than one saying it was so. Whole lotta leeway there.

But there lies the problem...

In total, more than a dozen women have accused Simmons of sexual assault or rape...

We have men coming forward about Priest who molested them as kids... No proof etc... The slippery slope here is I do not think any of these women are very naïve in suggesting sex was not the end deal here. This still gives them the choice to either do it or leave. In Simmons case it seems some of his were forced rapes and that takes what can be seen as gray and make it fully black and white as to right and wrong.

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 03:18 PM
link   

The question is he getting what he deserves?

As an alleged serial rapist? Yeah, I think so.

And I don't hear much from Hollywood on this one...

As I said, there have been plenty of celebrities commenting in the New York papers since he's from here.

The difference I see is Harvey used his positional power for sex, but with his guy we are talking forced rape in many cases.

He did the same thing, he was a very powerful music producer.

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 03:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stevenjames15
Do you feel the same about Trump? Over 20 accusers. Including his ex wife. Scumbags are scumbags. Waiting for the hypocrisy in 3...2...1

Are you asking me if I think Donald Trump is a scumbag? You should check my posting history before playing the assumption game.

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

Not worth it. Nevermind. It's futile to talk to someone who knows so little, but believes they know so much.

But wow. You might want to do some soul searching to try to understand why you believe all the nonsense you wrote, if in fact you do.
It's extraordinarily "unedumakated".
Good luck with it. Sincerely.
edit on 7/10/2018 by angeldoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Like we didn't know he was a piece of sh!t years ago. I love a lot of the music that Def Jam has produced over the years but sadly I think rape and predatory behaviour is synonymous with the big Hip-hop labels.
edit on 10-7-2018 by Wide-Eyes because: ☝

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 05:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stevenjames15
a reply to: [post=2357242 Do you feel the same about Trump? Over 20 accusers. Including his ex wife. Scumbags are scumbags. Waiting for the hypocrisy in 3...2...1

Do you even read bro?

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 08:13 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

All those exercise tapes were a pet project after Def Jam got off the ground.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join