It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The One Million Dollar Question: You Got the Answer?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2003 @ 05:00 AM
link   
Origin of Life Contest.......1,000,000 Dollars!! I found this site like 2-3 months ago and still really don't know how long this contest been going on but its obvious that no one has the answer.

Having looked at who the judges will be, all I can say, there are some pretty big hitters in here.

Heres the link:
www.us.net...

regards
seekerof

[Edited on 3-7-2003 by Seekerof]

posted on Jul, 3 2003 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Geez.

No one to comment on this?

regards
seekerof

posted on Jul, 3 2003 @ 10:46 AM
link   
It seems like a cool contest, but it also seems as though you need to be a current professional in the field (who is up-to-date on current research) in order to participate. Too bad its not like an ATS forum!

posted on Jul, 3 2003 @ 11:07 AM
link   
It's an excellent topic Seekerof.

It's had 48 views.Not every topic should be judged by the amount of replies.

posted on Jul, 3 2003 @ 11:10 AM
link   
I was going to say that if one of those eminent scientist registered here as Brainbox(or something similar)we'd all be tearing him down a notch but it's hard not to be a little overawed by the subject.

posted on Jul, 3 2003 @ 04:39 PM
link   
If one really thinks about it, indeed, it speaks volumes as to why it hasn't been claimed yet. Maybe the Origin of Man is actually just a garble of theories. Maybe the perverbial 'jury is still out on this'?

regards
seekerof

[Edited on 3-7-2003 by Seekerof]

posted on Jul, 4 2003 @ 03:23 PM
link   
There are already teams of scientists working on this. It is the idea that very simple organisms can be formed by treating carbon and other molecules with energy. The idea is that the molecules will form together and work dynamically to sustain itself. Life is basically any organism that preserves itself (gathers food, expels wastes, etc). Anything that can carry out a function (unlike a rock for example) is considered to be the beginnings of life.

Trust me, a $50,000 prize is nothing. It would be awarded the Nobel Science prize in Biology, no doubt. That comes with a $333,333.33 reward, I believe.... that's $1,000,000 split 3 ways for 3 separate prize categories. Plus, there would be tons of people to fund the continued research, so anyone who runs the project will get rich if they are successful.

posted on Jul, 4 2003 @ 06:04 PM
link   
no one is going to get that answer.

posted on Jul, 5 2003 @ 09:29 AM
link   
It started from the shaman resonance of earth interacting with the crystal structures which produced Ganesh particles.

Thats as far as I'll take this.

posted on Jul, 5 2003 @ 10:17 AM
link   
I needed someone to fluff my pillows for me, so I snapped my fingers, and...(kind but firm men in white coats come and drag him away)

top topics

join