It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What was our universe before the Big Bang?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 08:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Itisnowagain

originally posted by: InTheLight
Is this not another path to learning and growth? Or is having a sense of choice an illusion, perhaps we are ruled by nature and have no choice, hence another reason to ask questions and find answers.

What do you think you are going to be when you grow up?
What are you eternally?

You are merely witnessing the movie............you are the seeing in which everything appears/disappears.

There is no path....this is IT.

Yes, this is it, but there is a process, there is a path, there is a conclusion if only for this one particular movie.

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 09:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Abednego

I don't believe their is a void, I believe it's a human term for having a lack of things to perceive. Fish are creatures of instinct, with that said I'd bet money they understand the empty above and impassable below. Then again I don't think fish have a concept of nothingness.

Well there is a void, but is not the void as we think it is. Is full of stuff that we cannot perceived. That is the concept of the ALL.
Everything is contained in the ALL,

And you cannot say that you are not. If you are but not what thought says you are then you must be the ALL.
Isn't what is appearing appearing in you as you?
And not really 'in' you because there is no in or out.................borderless, boundless.

I'm not the ALL, but I'm part of it. I am and at the same time I am not.
I look in a mirror and see an image of me or at least what my eyes perceived as me.

That image in the mirror is just a part of the entire image that is appearing presently - what is seeing the image gets overlooked!!!
Are you not the 'seeing'?

Doesn't everything appear within the SEEING?

Everything is just a perception of what we as separate conciousness perceived. In the end is the same thing.

There is only what there is. There is no separation anywhere.
It is only because you believe that you are a thing that things seem to exist.

We are what we are.
We are conciousness, living conciousness and part of something bigger at the same time.
We are a mirror of the universe. As above, so below.
I am a universe, I'm made of millions of individual cells that each have a function. They move and live accordingly. They have a purpose, they live to survive but they do not understand that they are part of something bigger (me). Do those cells have conciousness? We do not know. If they too are a mirror of us, then some of them may have develop some kind of conciousness.
Yes. As crazy as it sounds.

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 09:39 AM
link   
A computer with no power. On Off button then booom. Leds flash.

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 09:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Judy21

Well, one thing we absolutely know for sure, is that TIME, along with space, both spread out after the big bang. Most humans don't grasp that time itself is fluid, and is relative.

So whatever existed before the big bang was outside of time and space as we know it, therefore we can't really conceptualize it with our normal everyday waking consciousness.

This is why spirituality is so important. There are things science can't touch, such as thing outside of time and space. They are beyond measurement, and beyond our ability to reproduce them.

I do believe , using our consciousness, we are capable of knowing that which existed before time and space, but our minds however are not capable of it.

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain

If you "know" nothing then you have a right too "it" same the right of remaining "silent" knowing the difference where body, speech and mind are concerned?

Cannot be given only taught by those three. The classical hear nothing, see nothing, feel nothing... some think of that as space. As someone in the field of science has said? Even a vacuum is not "empty" although the atomic count of elements is calculated as a constant even though it is really a variable.

No such thing as emptiness and yet no such thing as form... spin that if it even really matters. Some think of yin and yang as female and then male and yet that is just "role play" of light/dark or good/bad... when in actuality neither of either exist.

As that too is made up; bound and unbound by individual attachment.

Breathe in a long breath... do you judge the quality of that breath? One should not as it is ONLY supposed to be a long breath IN. If it is judged then that is not the way... as nose is involved not the "lungs".

Nose belongs to tongue... if the "mind" speaks while breathing? It is attachment or desire from not self, impermanent and subject to release all that is self and permanent as ones own nose and tongue.

The dependence of all of this arising? Was given in kindness... called a reply.

Anyone stepping in the "way" is a Taoist.

edit on 11-7-2018 by BEBOG because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 04:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

The virtual particles created by quantum fluctuation are far smaller than a camera or even an electron microscope could capture.

Here's more on what is called Casimir effect - Wikipedia that explains what I am talking about.

Yes , thanks for that..........it is a little bit over my head.
What I am trying to say is that they have found that something does appear out of nothing.

Yes it does appear to arise from nothingness, but it returns to nothingness, too. This means that overall nothing comes from nothing but you can get something if there are some fairly extreme force gradients (eg, the mechanism which creates Hawking radiation - Wikipedia).

Perhaps stark nothingness, with illusions of something, rising-out of nothing?

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 04:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nothin

The virtual particles created by quantum fluctuation are far smaller than a camera or even an electron microscope could capture.

Here's more on what is called Casimir effect - Wikipedia that explains what I am talking about.

What I am trying to say is that they have found that something does appear out of nothing.

Yes it does appear to arise from nothingness, but it returns to nothingness, too. This means that overall nothing comes from nothing but you can get something if there are some fairly extreme force gradients (eg, the mechanism which creates Hawking radiation - Wikipedia).

Even nothing is something.

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 06:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Abednego

How is that so?

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Cant measure it, cannot even form the question, in any kind of meaningful sense.

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Their never was a " Big Bang" infinity cant be linear because it is a one off event outside of linear time. Therefore In an infinite Universe time is also infinite, if its infinite it cant be linear, if time is infinite, so is speed and distance. The illusion of a linear sensual reality is constructed from consciousness inside your head. Its a good illusion it has to be, or it wouldn't work. In fact we are all Lucid dreaming.

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 07:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain

I mention death and physical damage in an earlier post because that's all I have to go on, never been a fan of taking other people's knowledge and making it my own, it's not how I'll learn.

From my perception I'm just a monkey on a rock, a rock spinning through space at 1000 mph give or take.

The likes of spiritual thought and such don't fill my stomach when I'm hungry, doesn't quench my thirst when I need fluids. I do find it interesting and respectfully I must say you've challenged my thoughts somewhat, at the same time though I've got to shrug.

At the end of the day though I see no "key" in escaping the reality I'm a part of, even if a key existed I'd probably never find the door anyways. I'm comfortable with that. Means I'm only dealing with things I can measure and understand.
edit on 11-7-2018 by RAY1990 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 07:54 PM
link   
a reply to: anonentity

Two possibilities exist either the Universe is finite and has a size, or it's infinite and goes on forever.

Both possibilities have mind-bending implications.

If the Universe is truly infinite though, and you travel outwards from Earth, eventually you will reach a place where there's a duplicate Earth, with a duplicate you, the further you go, the more duplicates you find.

edit on 11-7-2018 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 08:21 PM
link   

How can something arise from nothing?

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 08:22 PM
link   
a reply to: RAY1990

There are some of us here that have ethereal experiences beyond what we can understand and so here we are.

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 09:09 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

At least that question has two distinct and black and white conclusions. That it is or is not infinite, its a question with no comparison because their is no in between. Like it cant be half infinite. If its finite then nothing infinite could exist in it, since it looks like PI is an infinite number. I vote infinite.

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 09:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: InTheLight

How can something arise from nothing?

Dunno. How?

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 09:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Nothin

A nothing cant exist, it was always a something.

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 09:23 PM
link   

a reply to: Abednego

How is that so?

Because nothing itself is quantified as "nothing", which is the lack of something, ergo it is "something" based on what it lacks.

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 09:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: anonentity
a reply to: Nothin

A nothing cant exist, it was always a something.

What is the reason for your belief in things?

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 09:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Their cant be a mental construct for nothing. Because nothing cant exist.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join