It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iranian women dance to support Young Iranian woman

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 12:57 AM
link   
a reply to: TXRabbit

Right. Iran has "demonized" itself for a while now.

It's been almost 40 years now, when does the "freedomized" begin, again? All the forecasts have been wrong so far...

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 03:58 AM
link   

Looks to me like more demonizing of Iran as they are the next country on the list to be "Freedomized". What was your motivation of posting this in the first place?

It's funny how people will excuse any type of behavior just because the subject is an enemy of the US.
"Demonizing" Iran? Really? Is it possible to demonize this regime beyond it's own despicable actions?
Even if you are correct and there is a plan to "Freedomize" Iran, does it somehow make them saints? Does it mean we shouldn't criticize their actions?

edit on 11-7-2018 by MaxMech because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 04:41 AM
link   
Here we go again…

More defamation, more humiliations, more demonization of Iran and the Iranian and their government! Clearly “israHELLi Ministry of Propaganda” behind it “again”! I am sure that netanYAHOO will soon make a video out it (like those previous two).

Of course, feminists and their crowds try to “fishing out of muddy waters” here too (as usual).

Tell me… Isn’t this so called “FAKE NEWS” yet..? Or “FAKE NEWS” is valid for the americans, their filthy politics and politicians affair ONLY?

edit on 11-7-2018 by Kkintekk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 04:51 AM
link   
double post...

edit on 11-7-2018 by Kkintekk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 06:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight
a reply to: Fools

My bad about the Iran Ottoman faux pas

I was surprised at this statement

The Middle East has been in conflict for well over 1,000 years

No problem. Only making a "correction" as the couple of "Persians" would honestly get upset by the idea that the Ottoman empire ever had any power over their nation.

Fact is that Iran/Persia is probably the longest lasted nation on earth outside of China. There have been some hiccups, but Persians always subvert any nation that has taken them with their own culture. That is why I personally am hopeful that some day they will throw off their current governing.

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 10:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: MaxMech

It's funny how people will excuse any type of behavior just because the subject is an enemy of the US.
"Demonizing" Iran? Really? Is it possible to demonize this regime beyond it's own despicable actions?
Even if you are correct and there is a plan to "Freedomize" Iran, does it somehow make them saints? Does it mean we shouldn't criticize their actions?

I fully support criticism. My point being that Iran has been "on the list" (thanks Gen Wesley Clark) for some time so now their ticket is due.

With stories like the OP shared, ever wonder why it centers on a specific country? Why not bring up Saudi Arabia, UAE, Yemen, Dubai? Are they not doing the same subjugation?

posted on Jul, 12 2018 @ 04:07 AM
link   

I fully support criticism. My point being that Iran has been "on the list" (thanks Gen Wesley Clark) for some time so now their ticket is due. With stories like the OP shared, ever wonder why it centers on a specific country? Why not bring up Saudi Arabia, UAE, Yemen, Dubai? Are they not doing the same subjugation?

All countries ruled by Islamic ideology are a hell to live in, no doubt. I think the reason Iran is frequently brought up is somewhat because of the extent the Iranian regime exercises Islamic ideology, which sometimes borders insanity, and mostly because there is an active civil opposition in Iran. Almost every year there are major protests against the Mullah regime. Can't blame people for sympathizing and trying to raise awareness about whatever is going on there, especially when there are so many Iran apologists around. Nobody said anything about bombing or invading Iran.

As for Iran being "on the list", I think there are very simple things they could do to avoid any problems with the west: Leave Syria, stop aiding Hezbollah, stop testing ballistic missiles, stop threatening Israel and stop participation in proxy conflicts in the region, i.e. Yemen. That's it. Once this is done there will be no excuse for US (or any other country) to attack Iran.

posted on Jul, 12 2018 @ 06:37 AM
link   
a reply to: American-philosopher

It's good to see this level of support and unity with the women and young women of Iran
and standing up against a regime of control!

The same happens to the boys !

there is a bboy culture in Iran and I have watched a documentary on it , and young boys caught dancing (breakdancing )
are taken away and beaten and locked up
some have even died!

this video

posted on Jul, 12 2018 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: ttobban

That it seems that the women of Iran are the true Feminist

The above is the premise of the opening post

Then you responded to the OP

Well, Christopher Columbus was willing to sail clear off of the edge of the flat world at a chance that there may have been a way to avoid the Middle East's conflicts. The Middle East has been in conflict for well over 1,000 years, so I highly doubt that the American feminist will result in much more than offering moral support in this or any moment in time.

It funny how you politicize a straightforward reason for Columbus to travel West instead of East

wiki
The explorer Christopher Columbus made four trips across the Atlantic Ocean from Spain: in 1492, 1493, 1498 and 1502. He was determined to find adirect water route west from Europe to Asia, but he never did. Instead, he accidentally stumbled upon the Americas.

You didn't like my response to the OP - so now its off to breeding patterns
Your gripe is not with any repressive regime that preaches modesty
Your gripe is to take on thousands of years of Tribal practise on the faux outrage of caring for the offspring.

are we going to fix this consanguineous marriage problem

How do you propose to do this. More bombs? Genocide?

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

In Arab populations and Diasporas, the deep-rooted norm of consanguineous marriage has been widely accused of being an important factor contributing to the preponderance of autosomal recessive genetic disorders [35,47,72-76].

In many parts of the Arab world, the society is still tribal. This has made the epidemiology of genetic disorders complicated, as many families and tribal groups are descended from a limited number of ancestors and some conditions are confined to specific villages, families, and tribal groups, leading to an unusual burden of genetic diseases in these communities [77]. Thus the extended family structure, commonly present in Arab societies and mostly associated with consanguinity, tends to display unique distribution patterns for genetic diseases that are not present in many other societies. There are disorders that are specifically prevalent among the Arabs, either uniformly or in certain locations, such as Bardet-Biedl syndrome

Neutral or Positive Effects of Consanguinity on Reproductive Health

Parallel to the huge body of literature detailing the negative effects of consanguinity on human health, there also exists a considerable amount of data that suggests that the practice of consanguinity is not the great evil that it is generally thought to be.

Benefits of consanguinity

Consanguinity in Arab Populations

Socio-cultural factors, such as maintenance of family structure and property, ease of marital arrangements, better relations with in-laws, and financial advantages relating to dowry seem to play a crucial role in the preference of consanguinity in Arab populations [3]. Consanguineous marriages are generally thought to be more stable than marriages between non-relatives, though there are no studies to compare divorce rates

Young Arabs contemplating marriage are nowadays seeking a scientifically sound answer to their questions: "Will our children be physically or mentally abnormal if I marry my cousin?" "How can we prevent having abnormal children?" Research on inbreeding is considered a priority in societies with high consanguinity rates to help understand and prevent the deleterious impact of consanguinity on health, and to provide standardized and evidence-based guidelines for health care providers to assist them in counseling for consanguinity.

posted on Jul, 12 2018 @ 12:46 PM
link   
DP
edit on 12-7-2018 by TheConstruKctionofLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2018 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: ttobban

conflict with DNA for well over 1,000 years....

but the Arab world has long been severely conflicted with the sciences of procreation.

One could say the same with men of the USA, a country deeply conflicted with womens reproductive cycles.

All about power over another individual. A country with science books.
Roe Vs Wade, a country divided, opponents justifying argument based on a Biblical belief.

Look no further than the stirrings with Trumps choice of the new Supreme Court justice

posted on Jul, 12 2018 @ 01:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
I wonder if the Iranian government is tracking down and arresting these online dancers via their I.P. addresses?

They would most likely just beat them... no need to arrest...To arrest them would be so hard on their husband that would not have them to serve their needs and desires.

Oh the horror...

posted on Jul, 12 2018 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: MaxMech

Even if you are correct and there is a plan to "Freedomize" Iran

Its not a matter of is he correct - its common knowledge that Iran is next in the firing line of the Wests liberalization.

A simple google search will assist you

Its funny how you encourage women flaunting themselves in Iran and leading to their imprisonment.

posted on Jul, 12 2018 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Kkintekk

What you mean to say that Israel have a part in stirring up their lapdog, the US war machine, through their New York wealthy Jewish American cousins to bring about the destruction of Iran - say it ain't so - must be fake news./sarc

www.haaretz.com...

No Reasonable Right-wing Jew Can Now Say Trump Is Keeping Israel Safe

As the White House goes AWOL on the threat from Syria and Iran, Jewish Republicans’ attempt to justify their 'Trump is Israel’s best friend' mantra is just defensive and desperate nonsense

posted on Jul, 12 2018 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Fools

but Persians always subvert any nation that has taken them with their own culture. That is why I personally am hopeful that some day they will throw off their current governing.

Same here, I hope they return to some form of democratic republic. Last thing they need is another return to the Shah/CIA days. I dont hold high hopes as they are experiencing a water shortage at the moment. If a peoples movement overthrows the theocracy it would probably have some fingerprints of the west intelligence agitators behind it. In the aftermath their oil will be carved out.

Could be in for a rocky ride.

www.cnbc.com...

Despite thorny U.S.-Russia relations, the U.S. may press Russia and other producers to expand on their just-announced deal to increase crude output, as the U.S. attempts to cut off Iran from the world oil market.

posted on Jul, 12 2018 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Saudi Arabia, UAE, Yemen, Dubai?

You mean to say they don't have democracy there? No lap dancers?

posted on Jul, 12 2018 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: MaxMech

Leave Syria, stop aiding Hezbollah, stop testing ballistic missiles, stop threatening Israel and stop participation in proxy conflicts in the region, i.e. Yemen. That's it. Once this is done there will be no excuse for US (or any other country) to attack Iran.

Experience has shown them what it was like under the Shah/Western oil interest alliance only a generation ago.

Chicken or egg story, what came first:

Do you honestly think history hasn't taught them anything. They arm themselves because they have nothing better to spend their money on?

They went through an 8 year war with Iraq.

They saw what happened to Qaddafi And Hussein when they fell out of favour with the West.

Their sovereignty is at stake.

Once this is done there will be no excuse for US to attack

You must live in a twilight zone - do the terms Nigerian yellowcake and WMDS register? Those pesky things that were never found?

Those lies were spun to get a coalition together to invade Iraq.

posted on Jul, 15 2018 @ 04:22 AM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

Its funny how you encourage women flaunting themselves in Iran and leading to their imprisonment.

Lol what?! "Flaunting themselves" as in shamelessly exhibit themselves, by dancing?! This is you actual point?! That it's their own fault?!
Tell me the truth mate, are you one of those Islamists I've been hearing about?

posted on Jul, 15 2018 @ 07:57 PM
link   

My motivation for posting this is I am disinfo agent obviously, thats what your thinking. So I will just confirm it.

No my motivation was simply that these are woman standing up for a real womans issue. or forget that a human rights issue of freedom of expression.

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 07:12 PM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

What makes you or anyone think I have a gripe? How is it a necessity to formulate an opinion about a specific person across a DIGITAL forum on someone that you have never even met or know very little about? The first rebuttal concluded that I need to educate myself about Iran and the Ottoman Empire, then the second rebuttal includes my emotional status on the subject at hand here.

What I do hold within this forum of theories is opinions... many opinions which formulated over a course of history... a history of which the world's environments of which I live in and around were shaped by the hierarchy of the formed civilization of which my legacies of ancestors lived prior.

So, the OP was an opinion, just as I provided. Is it not a theory/opinion to relate that the laws and traditions, over ANY period of history let alone over a thousand years of relatable history, assist in formulating my opinions on the subject(s)?

How do you propose to do this. More bombs? Genocide?

I am going to be honest here... the fact that you already presumed my opinions for repair of consanguinity already urges me to just forget this debate and move on. I am going to go against intuition here, and state my proposal to eradicate recessive trait disorder caused by inbreeding. I am sorry if it upsets anyone that my proposal to fix consanguinity includes the relevancy's that: one, I could really care less who creates another life by way of inbreeding as I am only concerned with my individual RNA/DNA coding preferences. Two, the easy is simple... stop procreating with family members that are as close as a first cousin. Over the course of history, which Columbus' relevance resides, lessening or eliminating the practices of inbreeding will very likely if not definitely show a decrease in recessive trait disorder.

It is mathematically impossible for recessive trait disorder to not include history, as it requires multiple generations to evaluate.

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

For many countries, particularly the oil rich states, the slow progress in developing and implementing preventive genetic programmes is due to legal and cultural issues, not financial ones.

I agree with the data of this, and therefore it draws a conclusion that requires self remedy within the Arab cultures that vary widely. I will avoid those areas like the plague as the ability to reason without ego involvement is not a freedom offered to many... especially women and children.

Benefits of consanguinity

Wow, you managed to find benefits to Benefits of consanguinity... good "insert God of choice here", these forums just keep on sloping... I am going to have to leave this debacle after these comments.

www.hrw.org...

Women’s Rights Iranian women face discrimination in personal status matters related to marriage, divorce, inheritance, and child custody. A woman needs her male guardian’s approval for marriage regardless of her age and cannot pass on her nationality to her foreign-born spouse or their children. Married women may not obtain a passport or travel outside the country without the written permission of their husbands. The UN Children’s Rights Committee reported in March that the age of marriage for girls is 13, that sexual intercourse with girls as young as nine lunar years was not criminalized, and that judges had discretion to release some perpetrators of so-called honor killings without any punishment. Child marriage—though not the norm—continues, as the law allows girls to marry at 13 and boys at age 15, as well as at younger ages if authorized by a judge. Authorities continue to prevent girls and women from attending certain sporting events, including men’s soccer and volleyball matches. On July 31, 2016, President Rouhani suspended the hiring exam for public sector jobs to investigate apparent discrimination against women in the job market.

Sorry, but I will not even entertain the thought or idea that there are benefits to inbreeding in a sea of madness or CENTURIES long laws and tradition that will force their CHILDREN females to breed from within their own RNA/DNA coding. A female has to live through being an innocent child to become a woman, correct? So, the rights have to be forcibly removed as a child in the hopes that it may, even the slightest of chances, improve the lives of those that survived through the abuses to become a controlled woman as well? Sex with girls as young as 9... marriage at 13?????? That seriously makes my heart saddened and weep to know children are subjected to such horrors even exists, let alone written in law. These factors make the uphill battle for women's rights a nearly impossible hill to climb without a controlling drag in Iran. If forcing a child female family member can equate to being considered a more stable relationship, then the varied cultures of the world just have two entirely differing definitions of what stable means... if there were a good equilibrium of choice within the Arab worlds within families as a whole, we wouldn't even be having this debate I bet.

Seriously... honor killings, where the disagreeable opinions can lead to death if a family member doesn't agree? If not going the full route of murdering for disagreeing, maybe female genital mutilation is used as a weapon of female control... the DNA is going backwards... not evolving... it is DEVOLVING.

www.theguardian.com...

See... a whole post of opinions with links and all. Can the debate please be shifted to the topics at hand instead of what I personally may feel incorrectly about the subject? I promise, there were MILLIONS AND MILLIONS of humans gladly avoiding the ME due to a wide array of concerns prior to this debate, millions currently practice the avoidance, and will continue to avoid the ME for the unforeseeable future.

I am thankful to live in a society where women can procreate with whoever they wish to procreate with. I am so thankful for these wonderful expressions of human consciousness, that I feel no angst towards the factors of Arab inbreeding whatsoever. I merely have the opinions that feel addressing inbreeding concerns and consequences would have a more impacting affect on 'HUMAN' rights as a whole. Trying to isolate remedy through channels of specific individuals will ONLY yield a dead end effort if my opinions of prioritization are included into foundational analysis.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join