It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iranian women dance to support Young Iranian woman

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 10:32 PM
link   
www.bbc.com...

I think it is awesome that these women have solidarity and are standing up for basic happiness and freedom of expression. (but really though who tells young women not to dance, I feel that is like ingrained and instinctual for a young woman to want to dance. Thats like telling a young male that he can;t play sports of any kind. )

But my major takeway is this. That it seems that the women of Iran are the true Feminist. I want to see more of our American Feminist get behind this and not allow the Iranian government to silence or punish these women for their right to expression.

I feel that Taylor Swift, Beyonce, Ariana grande, should all go over there or show some support for these women.

But again who does this though?!!!?!!

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 10:45 PM
link   
a reply to: American-philosopher

Good for them! Iran wasn't always a theocracy.

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 10:51 PM
link   
I wonder if the Iranian government is tracking down and arresting these online dancers via their I.P. addresses?

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Well, Christopher Columbus was willing to sail clear off of the edge of the flat world at a chance that there may have been a way to avoid the Middle East's conflicts. The Middle East has been in conflict for well over 1,000 years, so I highly doubt that the American feminist will result in much more than offering moral support in this or any moment in time.

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 11:01 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

I think they could probably do that... If they wanted to be jerks! Are these dancers a threat to Iranian security or is Saudi Arabia?

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 11:03 PM
link   
a reply to: ttobban

But OOOO! the American feminist here though if you tell a woman she is pretty here in the states it is 1st degree offense!

Harrassment!!

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Looks to me like more demonizing of Iran as they are the next country on the list to be "Freedomized". What was your motivation of posting this in the first place?

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 11:47 PM
link   

The O.P.'s article says that several have been arrested. I don't know where they were, when the arrests occurred.

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 12:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: pavil

Good for them! Iran wasn't always a theocracy.

until whom got involved? guess..

edit on 10-7-2018 by odzeandennz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 12:28 AM
link   
I remember reading an article somewhere that was showing how the rich Iranians were able to flaunt the theocratic laws and act very decadently western; expensive sports cars and posting images of their "indecent" behavior on social media.

I'm wondering if these are the people they're now prosecuting?

In any event, it's good to see the solidarity of these young women. They are possibly even putting themselves in danger to show their support for one another. However, given the absolute power of the religious regime, I doubt there will be any major changes to the laws anytime soon.

Oh. And these women are absolutely beautiful.

-dex

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 01:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
I wonder if the Iranian government is tracking down and arresting these online dancers via their I.P. addresses?

Yes they are .. Drudge carried the story about an Iranian dancer girl being arrested already.. Man I feel sorry for her in the hands of the religious fanatics

www.google.com... ail.co.uk%2Fvideo%2Fnews%2Fvideo-1723322%2FVideo-Iranian-Maedeh-Hojabri-arrested-dancing-home.html&usg=AOvVaw3KFEgVczsh8fEEyTsvnOn7
If that link does not work just do a web search for "Iranian dancers arrested"..
edit on 727thk18 by 727Sky because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 03:04 AM
link   

That it seems that the women of Iran are the true Feminist. I want to see more of our American Feminist get behind this and not allow the Iranian government to silence or punish these women for their right to expression.

Just for some perspective - careful "what you wish for"

1. Women may dance with modesty in Iran
2. Feminists eat their own - see below video
3. Giuliani and the MIC will soon be in Iran pushing for "US style democracy" and killing millions in the process.
4. In the aftermath, like Iraq and Afghanistan, local "warlords" will make sure more oppressive measures are taken against
women.
5. Singing & Dancing with total freedom in the West

Giuliani - soon we will "celebrate in Tehran"

Feminists eating their own, with a little help from the UCLA

Feminist attacks on Taylor Swift reveal something very ugly about the movement

www.washingtonpost.com... irect=on&utm_term=.a5449c1f8f9f

5. Miss B. “Bottle Action”

“I don’t fight I don’t argue I’ll just that bitch with a bottle.” Miss B. solves problems.

edit on 10-7-2018 by TheConstruKctionofLight because: link

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 03:52 AM
link   
No country should have a theocracy running things.
It is up to the Iranian people to get rid and they will as the older folk die off.
It will happen and we can support them but not by bombing them.

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 04:32 AM
link   
a reply to: pavil

Iran wasn't always a theocracy.

Yeah life was so much freerer ( cough cough ) under the Shahs Savak, as long as you weren't critical of the Regime.

Savak Intelligence Service

. It was established by Iran's Mohammad Reza Shah with the help of the U.S. Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) [1] SAVAK operated from 1957 until the Iranian Revolution of 1979,

SAVAK has been described as Iran's "most hated and feared institution" prior to the revolution of 1979 because of its practice of torturing and executing opponents of the Pahlavi regime.[2][3] At its peak, the organization had as many as 60,000 agents serving in its ranks according to one source,[4] and another source by Gholam Reza Afkhami estimates SAVAK staffing at between 4,000 and 6,000.[5]

1957–1970
After the 1953 Iranian coup d'état, when the United States and the United Kingdom, removed Mohammad Mosaddeq, who was originally focused on nationalizing Iran's oil industry, but also set out to weaken the Shah from power on August 19, 1953. After the coup, the monarch, Mohammad Reza Shah, established an intelligence service with police powers

And they party'd like westerners

1970s Tehran, Iran, Cocktail Party, Drinking, Dancing,

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 04:43 AM
link   

The Middle East has been in conflict for well over 1,000 years,

Education is your friend - deny ignorance

They were united under the Ottoman Empire 14th-20th Century

Saudi Arabia
Iraq
Iran
Kuwait were carved up into countries post WWI ie early 20th century

British French & American oil interest were instrumental in placing their puppets in power.

Its all there in Wiki or
THE HISTORY OF THE OTTOMAN EMPIRE

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 04:49 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

Yeh you should have seen life under the Shahs Savak ( CIA trained ) prior to the revolution

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 04:54 AM
link   
a reply to: testingtesting

No country with the appearance of democracy calling itself a republic in name only while doing the bidding of Corporatism; going around telling other Sovereign Nations how to conduct their affairs.

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 07:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight

The Middle East has been in conflict for well over 1,000 years,

Education is your friend - deny ignorance

They were united under the Ottoman Empire 14th-20th Century

Saudi Arabia
Iraq
Iran
Kuwait were carved up into countries post WWI ie early 20th century

British French & American oil interest were instrumental in placing their puppets in power.

Its all there in Wiki or
THE HISTORY OF THE OTTOMAN EMPIRE

The few Iranians I know would be quite surprised to know they were once part of the Ottoman Empire....because they never were. Maybe you should check some of your own ignorance out. (Not calling you ignorant in general, just ignorant of Iranian history.)

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Fools

My bad about the Iran Ottoman faux pas

I was surprised at this statement

The Middle East has been in conflict for well over 1,000 years

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 10:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Fools

Thanks for speaking up on my behalf... I have long stopped debating with those that finger point prior to using logical debate strategies. If getting through to someone's feelings of accuracy within a blanket statement of opinions is demanded of prior to sensible debate, then it's just not worth the time and effort of opening up. And, I am supposed to watch an hours long documentary about the Ottoman Empire, and learn something from something I wasn't even referring to?

Well, lets throw some fire onto the heat of debate and explain what I actually meant AND MEAN by saying that the Middle East has been in conflict for well over 1,000 years, shall we?

www.intellectualtakeout.org...

www.quora.com... 00-years

Read it and weep folks... the Arab World, current borders included for analysis or not, have been in full on conflict with DNA for well over 1,000 years. I am sorry that some people may take this sort of conflict and flip it around to equate to whatever it is that fits their agenda(s), but the Arab world has long been severely conflicted with the sciences of procreation. The good ole south in the U.S. tried inbreeding for a very short bit of time in history, but they seen where the RNA coding was headed and put at least a 'majority' end to it. Just imagine if the grey coats went on to practice inbreeding for over 1,000 years like the Arab world?

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

Maybe one or many wish to peruse the symptoms of recessive trait disorder... symptoms such as 'uncontrollable rage' or 'hindered logic processing' within the amygdala?

en.wikipedia.org...

I apologize to drag this debate off course a bit, but feel it is all relevant to concern here. I feel that the OP here has a dancing protest of which acts as a result of a deeper yet unaddressed cause. People around the world can dance all they want for Iranian women... it will hold the same value as most protests of this day do... little to none. For some reason in this day and age the common person feels compelled to fix the world's problems, while ignoring the problems at their own feet... like the world is missing out on their opinions, which is just pure madness.

Seriously... are we going to fix this consanguineous marriage problem, or wiggle our hips to affirmative action? Or maybe my need to learn from the Ottoman Empire is what's to blame for Arab inbreeding?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join