It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Supreme Court Pick. . . . Tea leaves say Brett Kavanaugh

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 12:35 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

You said it not me. I always thought it was so when she was elected 'they' would have multiple appointees.

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 03:01 AM
link   
He still has to be confirmed yet.
If he wants to overturn abortion rights (I don't know If he does or doesn't) there are two republicans who have said they will not vote for a judge who wants to overturn them. If that happens and all the dems vote against he will not get in.

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 03:21 AM
link   
a reply to: testingtesting

Doug Jones better have a good reason if he votes against him. He swore when he was running he would NOT follow Schumer blindly... if he does, 2020 is going to be real damn rough for him.

I saw an interview with him earlier... sounds a lot like he's towing the Democrat line.

TheRedneck

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 04:49 AM
link   
Did a wemon lose all their rights yet?

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Schumer is basically going ape sh!t over this, but then he would have done the same on whoever Trump's picks was, even if it was off of Schumer's own list..lol

It's the same old thing...attack on women's right to choose, that is all they can come up with, that is the same old dead horse argument that for some reason the left feels is like their one and only concern...who cares about walking all over the Constitution, geez.

Roe vs Wade will never be over turned, everyone needs to get over it and talk about things that are being crushed, like our 4th Amendment.

edit on 10-7-2018 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Secretly Democrats are rejoicing because they know Kavanaugh covered for the Clintons when he filed a fraudulent report to the United States Court of Appeals that concluded Vince Foster committed suicide.

It's just a show. Bread and circuses. He will be confirmed...but I am sure Democrats will do their best to pretend they are not happy with this nominee.

They are though. So happy.

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 01:43 PM
link   

I'm pro Life and Conservative ect, and I even know Roe vs Wade won't be overturned.

Everybody in the world is shocked that Republicans select Conservative Consitutional Judges and Democrats more Liberal Activist Judges? IT's what they do!

Both side come up with the same stale talking points, it's pathetic.

It's not the end of the world for either side.

Now we get to see Senators either offer up softballs or grandstand during the confirmation.

JOY JOY JOY.

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 01:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
a reply to: testingtesting

Doug Jones better have a good reason if he votes against him. He swore when he was running he would NOT follow Schumer blindly... if he does, 2020 is going to be real damn rough for him.

I saw an interview with him earlier... sounds a lot like he's towing the Democrat line.

TheRedneck

He Lied. Maybe if enough people call and write, he might have second thoughts, but I doubt it.

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: pavil

I'm pro Life and Conservative ect, and I even know Roe vs Wade won't be overturned.

Ditto.

According to what I have read lately, abortion is on the decline.

I think it will be an organic dissolution of an horrendous period in our civil society. Eventually, the mere thought of snuffing out an emerging life in the womb of a mother will seem absurd. But, there will always be some minds that see things differently, so the choice will be there for those kinds of people.

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 08:54 PM
link   
The problem what we all should have with this person, is his position that is well documented, the ideas and ultimately the legal doors that could be opened up, and cause problems for the future.

The idea that a president could not only pardon himself, but be above the law, is not one that we want, or even consider. Nor should the president be allowed to stop ANY investigation into any wrong doing by the man who sits as president.

Think about it, this man is elected as a Justice, and if he rules the way his writing would suggest then this is what could and probably will happen:

A person is elected to be President, would be immune from the laws of the country, that no investigation could happen, and that ultimately would have the ability to pardon himself, before leaving office, could end up getting away with any crimes, if the congress does not act to remove him.

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 08:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: sdcigarpig

A person is elected to be President, would be immune from the laws of the country, that no investigation could happen, and that ultimately would have the ability to pardon himself, before leaving office, could end up getting away with any crimes, if the congress does not act to remove him.

That sounds like a dictator.

In the making.

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 08:59 PM
link   
The Democrats can raise all the hue and cry they want, but of the folks being considered by Trump, Kavanaugh is the least bad. He seems like a fair guy, he's a little off on the role of the Presidency in my opinion, but all in all he seems fair and even.

Moderates could have done a LOT worse.

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 09:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

They are though. So happy.

Bigly even.

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Roe v. Wade won't be overturned until it is determined thorugh some series of political changes that a woman's body is not under her own determination but under the State's.

Besides, Roe restrictions on abortion already rest on fetal viability which is being improved yearly.

If we want to prevent abortion, there are some easy and relatively inexpensive ways to do it. Free birth control being one.

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 10:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

That is too much like any autocrat. It should not matter what position a person hold, but the idea of a person above the law, is far too dangerous, and no one should tolerate, it no matter the political party.

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 01:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

Roe v. Wade won't be overturned until it is determined thorugh some series of political changes that a woman's body is not under her own determination but under the State's.

Besides, Roe restrictions on abortion already rest on fetal viability which is being improved yearly.

If we want to prevent abortion, there are some easy and relatively inexpensive ways to do it. Free birth control being one.

It is not so much a right to life thing but a right to self choice, and that is what people do not understand. What you say is correct, but it would need to be a removal of ALL self choice, and not just with females. This is something we will not see most likely in our life time.

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 01:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
The Democrats can raise all the hue and cry they want, but of the folks being considered by Trump, Kavanaugh is the least bad. He seems like a fair guy, he's a little off on the role of the Presidency in my opinion, but all in all he seems fair and even.

Moderates could have done a LOT worse.

I'm concern with the 4th since that is the one Amendment hit the hardest since 911, but hey we can work on it. Seems people just do not give a sh@t about it though.... If it is not about guns and abortion it must not be important....

Stupid people in america... Sometimes I feel guns and abortion are deflection to the real agenda of removing the 4th... Something that BOTH right and left need to think about.

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 01:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

With the continued growth of big govt./nanny state, doesn't it seem inevitable to you that we'd eventually lose the right to control our own bodies--irregardless of gender??

It does to me.

The Boss knows best. Trust in Big Brother, we've only your best interests in mind.

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 04:11 AM
link   
a reply to: pavil

Well, I hope he enjoys his partial term then. It's all he's going to get. He wouldn't have gotten that if the DNC hadn't run interference with the fake accusations on Roy Moore (as predicted, not one damn peep out of any of his accusers after the election),

TheRedneck

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 06:06 AM
link   
a reply to: seagull

As a matter of fact, yes it does.

Still, it doesn't make me happy to see it happening right in front of my eyes.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join