It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Supreme Court Pick. . . . Tea leaves say Brett Kavanaugh

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 08:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: M5xaz
Any sports betting tips ? LOL

The athletic team with the most fit players is going to win the Super Cup Series this year.

Never would have figured that one out.

How about another prophecy ? Like when are the Alien Amazon Women from Outer Space supposed to arrive?...Just want to ensure I prep properly for survival, get essential supplies ( Trojans)...you know...

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 08:26 PM
link   
He should tell the Senate he wants to overturn Brown v. The Board of Education. Democrats will vote for him then.

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 08:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Pelosi and Waters need oxygen.

Schumer needs water.

It's the end of civilization !! 😃

Yep.....Lib meltdown # 1,387,905 since Trump took office.
The guy on Fox with Hannity said the DNC statement release on Kavanaugh lead with “Kavanaugh should not be allowed to get anywhere near the Supreme Court bench”
#ing loons.....upholding the Constitution and laws of this country are alien to the deranged idiots.

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Was a clerk for Kennedy...
This was a smarter pick than I'd have made in Trump's place. Let's get him confirmed and warm up replacements for Ginseng and Breyer.

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 08:37 PM
link   
FRONT PAGE NYT tomorrow:

TRUMP PICKS WHITE GUY!

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 08:41 PM
link   
a reply to: RazorV66

You know what matter the Pick, the Dems will automatically have their set hit job talking points about each candidate. Sounds like a solid safe choice this time.

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 08:43 PM
link   
may have missed it in the broad cast but did Kavanaugh say that he was invited to teach at harvard by Scotus judge Kagen?

thats kind of a crafty way of saying one of the liberals on the bench approved of him in the past and may be part of a tactic in easing his confirmation along with him mentioning he worked as Kennedy's clerk and primarily hired women clerks him self

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 08:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults

originally posted by: queenofswords
Judge Thomas Hardiman is a big second amendment advocate. I like that....a lot.

shouldn't they all advocate for the 2nd amendment considering their job is to protect and enforce the constitution?

OOPS , slight mistake there. That is not the job of the Supreme Court. They are not in the protection business.
Their job is to adjudicate the Constitution in the case of State(s)' disputes.

edit on 7/9/18 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 08:47 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

naw its on CNN right now www.cnn.com...

Since the Supreme Court first convened in 1790, 113 justices have served on the bench. Of those, 107 have been white men. On Monday night, President Trump announced his nominee to succeed Justice Anthony Kennedy is Brett Kavanaugh, a judge on the US Court of Appeals. If confirmed, he would be the 108th -- and wouldn't shift the diversity of the current court.
so that didnt take too long to be brought up

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 08:48 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Pelosi and Waters need oxygen.

I have to honorably disagree with the need there
Think "The Scarecrow" from "The Wizard of Oz"
Hint - "If I only had a ____"

Or -
Waters "what are we going to do tonight Nancy ?"
Pelosi - " the same thing we do every night Maxine. Try and take over the world"

(taken from the cartoon Pinky and The Brain)

edit on 7/9/18 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 08:48 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

Bush nominated Gorsuch to the lower courts. GHWB nominated Alito to the lower courts and a decade or so later, GWB nominated Alito to the Supreme Court. Both have been home run additions to the Supreme Court.

I have no doubt Kavanaugh will be the same.

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 08:51 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

you are right

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 08:52 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 08:56 PM
link   
guess Kavanaugh and Goursh have known each other since high school as they both attended Georgetown prep academy

so if he gets confirmed would this be the first time old highschool buddies have both ended up on supreme court?

www.washingtonian.com...

Trump’s Two SCOTUS Picks Also Went to High School Together Georgetown Prep could soon control two-ninths of the Supreme Court

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 09:05 PM
link   
One thing I didn't know that he said during the announcement, he was hired by Kagan to teach law at Harvard?

So Kagan, one of Obama's justices, think he's impartial enough to teach law.

But they're going to be bending over backwards to try to make him sound like an extremist.

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Hillary Clinton has already retweeted # stopkavanaugh, and the website stopkavanaugh .com

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 09:07 PM
link   
a reply to: EchoesInTime

Bunch of lunatics.
twitter.com...

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Well, I just went outside (I've been sick in bed all day) and true enough, abortions are illegal, white men are stabbing kittens, mushroom clouds are bursting everywhere.

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 09:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: EchoesInTime
Hillary Clinton has already retweeted # stopkavanaugh, and the website stopkavanaugh .com

Lemon started his show at 10 with the protests already.

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 09:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
a reply to: EchoesInTime

Bunch of lunatics.
twitter.com...

Loved this!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join