It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Supreme Court Pick. . . . Tea leaves say Brett Kavanaugh

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Brett Michael Kavanaugh is a judge on the US Court of Appeals. He was Staff Secretary in the Executive Office of the President of the United States under President George W. Bush.
A protégé of Kenneth Starr, Kavanaugh played a lead role in drafting the Starr report, which urged the impeachment of President Bill Clinton.[1] Kavanaugh led the investigation into the suicide of Clinton aide Vincent Foster. After the 2000 U.S. Presidential election, in which Kavanaugh worked for the George W. Bush campaign in the Florida recount, Kavanaugh joined Bush's staff, where he led the Administration's effort to identify and confirm judicial nominees.[2]
Kavanaugh was nominated to the D.C. Appeals Court by Bush in 2003. His confirmation hearings were contentious and stalled for three years over charges of partisanship. Kavanaugh was ultimately confirmed in May 2006 after a series of negotiations between Democratic and Republican senators.[3][4][5]
On June 27, 2018, Associate Justice Anthony Kennedy announced his retirement, effective July 31, 2018. Kavanaugh is seen as a front-runner for appointment to fill that vacancy.[6]

en.wikipedia.org...

So that's my pick.

We'll see in about 45 minutes.

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Pretty sure it's going to be the pretty lady Amy Barret

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 07:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults

This is who I am hoping for. It will be a tough confirmation fight, but who cares? Anyone he picks would most likely get the same treatment. Plus, that Kavanaugh has been a favorite and been pushed by some of the never Trumpers on the right, so I am skeptical of him.

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Not this time. Maybe on the next go round.

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 07:22 PM
link   
One thing we know for sure...
Whomever Trump picks tonight, will be a racist, bigoted, homophobic, white supremacist, Nazi, climate change denier...that hates illegals, puppies and children and old people.

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 07:23 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

I want to watch the left justify trying to prevent a woman from being SCOTUS, oh the hypocrisy would be funny

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 07:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
Whomever Trump picks tonight, will be a racist, bigoted, homophobic, white supremacist, Nazi, climate change denier...that hates illegals, puppies and children and old people.

So you've seen the DNC's commercials already?

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 07:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords

Not this time. Maybe on the next go round.

Gotta go with the tougher one first. If we try her on the next go around, it will end up like a Scalia followed by Bork situation and she will get Borked

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 07:27 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

The title would read “trump picks white, heterosexual SCOTUS with checkered past. Click here to read why “ our experts” think he didn’t pick (insert protected class here)”

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 07:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: IAMTAT

So you've seen the DNC's commercials already?

Written and recorded a year and a half ago.

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 07:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: avgguy
a reply to: toysforadults

The title would read “trump picks white, heterosexual SCOTUS with checkered past. Click here to read why “ our experts” think he didn’t pick (insert protected class here)”

that would be funny

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Any Trump selection will be good.

We've seen enough crap from the maniac Left Wing Justices.

Time to end their reigns on laws and minimize their wild "opinions" on cases they "judge".

💥🎃💥

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Judge Thomas Hardiman is a big second amendment advocate. I like that....a lot.

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Ted Cruz...ok, ok.....just kidding. I would go with Amy Barrett.

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 07:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords
Judge Thomas Hardiman is a big second amendment advocate. I like that....a lot.

shouldn't they all advocate for the 2nd amendment considering their job is to protect and enforce the constitution?

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 07:42 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

They have all served on the bench which means they have been thru the confirmation process before. So Democrats and Republicans have all voted for that long list you provided, so in essence you are saying that Democrats voted for racist immigrant hating individuals before but none will this time, because why ? Did they change or is more sour grapes ?

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 07:47 PM
link   
I think its either Kavanaugh or Hardiman, with an edge toward Kavanaugh.

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Barrett is the youngest (46)...Kethledge (51), Kavanaugh & Hardiman (53).
Barrett would have the most potential years on the bench...plus women live longer.

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Fox News is already showing the protestors.

lolz

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 07:48 PM
link   
You seem to delight in your disgust....

a reply to: IAMTAT

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join