It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Giant 2.6-Meter-Long Sarcophagus Has Just Been Found In Egypt

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+35 more 
posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 03:58 PM
link   
A Giant 2.6 Meter Sarcophagus Discovered in Egypt

Tom Hale By Tom Hale 03 JUL 2018, 14:52 Archaeologists in Egypt have a hard question to answer: who is the colossal figure buried inside this massive sarcophagus? The discovery was made during an excavation in the Sidi Gaber district of Alexandria. Measuring a whopping 2.65 meters (8.7 feet) in length, the discovery is the largest granite sarcophagus ever found in the area, which is renowned for its ancient relics. An initial look over at the black granite sarcophagus indicates that it dates back to the Ptolemaic period, an era of Egyptian history that started in 323 BCE following the death of Alexander the Great and ended in 30 BCE after the death of Cleopatra VII and invasion by the Romans. In an announcement made on Sunday, Dr Ayman Ashmawy, head of the government’s Ancient Egyptian Antiquities Sector, noted that the tomb was found at a depth of 5 meters (16 feet) beneath the ground's surface. Along with its considerable length, it is also 1.85 meters (6 feet) tall and 1.65 meters (5.4 feet) wide.

I found this online but I have not seen anything about what is inside it...
edit on 9-7-2018 by DoubleDNH because: clarification

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 04:07 PM
link   
My 1st thought isn't the large Black granite Sarcophagus the one's that had large bull or animals that were cut to pieces in them and covered in tar like substance ?

+3 more 
posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 04:09 PM
link   
a reply to: DoubleDNH

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 04:14 PM
link   
It was probably full of treasures with the body. Well, it probably was, I suppose someone got them all removed by now and carted away to be sold on an illegal archeological bidding site.

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 05:22 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

According to the story sourced above:

Most interestingly, Dr Ashmawy said the layer of mortar between the lid and the body of the sarcophagus appears to be intact, indicating the contents of the stone casket have not seen the light of day since antiquity.

Should be interesting to see the contents.

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Some pharaohs like it roomy.

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Great find. Gives a totally new meaning to the term "loot box". I've heard of the Osiris Shaft which was a three level underground tomb. That also contained large sarcophagi, one of which seemed to have contents that "exploded" in the past.
edit on 9-7-2018 by stormcell because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Half human, half alien fallen being

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 07:12 PM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem

Yeh.,..I'm like..."Show me the nephilim!!!" hehe. Doubt it.

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Incredible! I will be keeping track of this story. I can't wait to hear what was found inside. This is the time period of the Library of Alexandria. It would be amazing if there were books/manu. in the box, put there for safekeeping.

After the main library was destroyed, scholars used a "daughter library" in a temple known as the Serapeum of Alexandria, located in another part of the city. According to Socrates of Constantinople, Coptic Pope Theophilus destroyed the Serapeum in AD 391, although it is not certain what it contained or if it contained any significant fraction of the documents that were in the main library.

Maybe...ya never know

Library of Alexandria

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 08:01 PM
link   
More then likely it contains another sarcophagus....

the stone casing was designed to protect it from the elements

Though i can't help but wonder how many people are thinking theres a giant inside

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 08:38 PM
link   
It's an awful interesting shape, isn't it?

+7 more 
posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 09:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon

Though i can't help but wonder how many people are thinking theres a giant inside

If there is, it will end up at the Smithsonian and you will never see or hear about it again, just like all the other giant remains from all over the US and the rest of the world.

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 01:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem

If there is, it will end up at the Smithsonian and you will never see or hear about it again, just like all the other giant remains from all over the US and the rest of the world.

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 01:40 AM
link   

The first one contains salt acid gas for anyone trying to open it...just like in The Mummy movie

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Why dont people learn the lessons from the freaking movies? I mean seriously... for all we know; those who made the discovery just doomed the entire human race. Though I can understand curiosity, but a giant sarcophagus? This is nephilim territory.

What if they found the Tomb of ISIS?

Interesting find either way...
shame we probably wont know much more about it due to censorship by the powers that be. Though I hope i am wrong and we get to know who it is that was buried in there.

Still cant help but think of this movie...

edit on th2018000000Tuesdayth000000Tue, 10 Jul 2018 02:21:33 -0500fAmerica/ChicagoTue, 10 Jul 2018 02:21:33 -0500 by SoulSurfer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 02:22 AM
link   
I think it is this one...

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 06:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem

Half human, half alien fallen being

Phage will have a heart attack.

I might have to go back to the "drawing board " and then get on the "Way-Back Machine with Mr Peabody" to another time when ignorance was bliss.
Well, ignorance was high anyway.

ETA

It occurred to me that some have revealed a desire to stay that way even these days. Shame it all won't go away that easy.
edit on 10-7-2018 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 06:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: stormcell
Great find. Gives a totally new meaning to the term "loot box". I've heard of the Osiris Shaft which was a three level underground tomb. That also contained large sarcophagi, one of which seemed to have contents that "exploded" in the past.

if you want to open this "loot box" it will cost you either a premium pass for Egypt TM
or you can pay a one time fee of £9999.99 to open it now

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 06:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: muckyman
I think it is this one...

I noticed and error in the commentators dimensions of 9' by 6', roughly. That can't be the dimensions. That would be more like 12' by 6'.

I put my ruler on the screen where the whole sarcophagus can be seen from above and I measured 12 cm x 5 cm. That ratio of 58 % more length than width doesn't match the 265 cm x 185 cm observation given (30% more L than W).

I suspect it is a lot longer than 8'7" or it is no where close to 6' Wide.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join