It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ivanka Trump's Chinese-made products conveniently spared from dad's tariffs

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 10:03 PM
link   
You seem confused...

edit on 9-7-2018 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 11:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

From your source.

There have been no obvious shipments from China since mid-March, but Rogers speculated shipments may now be more difficult to trace because they could be moving under code names.

LMAO!! Dude!

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 12:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords
a reply to: diggindirt

The OP has run with something he obviously knows nothing about. It's not the first time and I'm sure won't be the last because Trump hatred is such fun.

That, my friend, is IT in a nutshell. Ignoramuses have been running things long enough. Trump is 100% right about what we are losing, how we are losing, and why we are losing in trade. He absolutely has the solutions, and people that don't know their butts from a hole in the ground are spouting off crap they know little to nothing about.

Right, it's just downright ignorance. Could be corrected ....but facts don't stack up to the smilin' folks on tv sayin' what some folks want to hear.

Same with the thread about the HOA pool patrol. People who have no idea how these associations work are losing their minds because a white guy asked a nonwhite woman for ID at a pool owned by an HOA. I don't know what happened before the video started but he was way laid back compared to some of these guys I've seen operating. Guys with big egos and a little authority...can ruin your day if you let them.

Back to the topic---I don't know about you but I'd be really happy to see "Made in USA" on more stuff sitting on the shelves. You gotta look hard to find an appliance made in the USA. I'm currently awaiting a new heat/air system installation and was told there are no residential units completely made in US. All have components (usually computer chips) made in China. My 25 year-old system has performed splendidly, costing me less than $1k to maintain for these past 25 years. My installer tells me not to expect that sort of performance of these new units.

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 04:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
It's hard to take seriously Trumps "made in America" campaign when his and Ivankas products are made in Asia.

And he hires foreign labor to work in his Hotels.

www.theguardian.com...

www.factcheck.org...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

This is how business is done...
Cheap labor from Mexico cheap products from china. It's consumers like you and I that drive this. If you got a problem pay more attention to the products you consume.

So in other words Trump should just not do business? That's what I keep hearing from this insistent screeching from you all. Like criticizing him for trying to pay as little taxes as possible.

You'd do it too...
Get off your high horse.

posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 03:19 AM
link   
I don't want to make a crappy comment on China or anything and products from any asian industrial line.

I only wanted to say in retrospect to Ivanka's tariff free production and transportation lines of product, good going. I figure with that foothold in respect for trump administration might as well further worker's compensation rights.

Since many Chinese products are quickly made and there is quality risks with speed production and health risks too for employees. Perhaps a Tariff Free Compensation should be piece work assembly production lines and quality not quantity referandum.

So that Asian Employees are benefited for taking more time and getting paid by piece more than over producing with deadline end of the world high pressure production.

It also would stress workers' health over products since tariffs have been excused.

It's all that Venus Project, greed ends up costing us bigger $#IT which doesn't apply to human society yet but I'm for Ivanka and Trump Family overall even if they have unconventional means of doing business.

I'm for economic, commercial peace between countries and peace is still a power play where it becomes very painful to achieve it if agendas of close knit design aren't universal enough.

posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 05:47 AM
link   
Meanwhile my business is being affected due to Trump's trade war. I'm going to run out of cans here shortly because there is an aluminum shortage.

posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 06:20 AM
link   
Ivanka's products don't make the world turn. If you think clothing is an important product to a nations ability to be independent, you have a second thought coming. America can grow buffalo and cows for hides to cloth our troops if we have to.
Strength doesn't come by "fashion".
It comes by the ability to machine sharp pointy things "in house".

Cold steel, other metals and a way to lubricate them. That's strength!

No real American is concerned with Ivanka's China products not being taxed. They wish her the best and hope she's successful in her endeavors.

Pres. Trump is trying to bring back real industrial strength to The US. Not worry about where your underwear is made.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join