It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ivanka Trump's Chinese-made products conveniently spared from dad's tariffs

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 04:31 PM
link   
It's hard to take seriously Trumps "made in America" campaign when his and Ivankas products are made in Asia.

And he hires foreign labor to work in his Hotels.

www.theguardian.com...

www.factcheck.org...

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 9-7-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 04:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
It's hard to take seriously Trumps "made in America" campaign when his and Ivankas products are made in Asia.

And he hires foreign labor to work in his Hotels.

www.factcheck.org...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

OH yeah, I forgot, because EVERYTHING is made in America now and ALL products made for America are only made by American employees.... except Trumps stuff..... Pffft

I dont think he really cares about cheap stuff like clothing material but stuff that made us an industrial power house once upon a time, he's going after that. We NEED to be self sufficient and self reliant!
edit on 9-7-2018 by xBWOMPx because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 04:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
Did anyone read the products on the tariff list?
Mostly heavy machines and industrial products.

Lots of products used in construction of say his hotels.

What Hotels of his are currently being built in China? Honest question...

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 05:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: lordcomac

Heavy Machines that should be made on American soil, by American workers... with American steel.

The tariffs will take care of that.
US Steel is on its way back already.

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 05:12 PM
link   
a reply to: xBWOMPx

I think its funny people from America complain about the Tariff's when they are benefiting the Americans to begin with.

Most are not US citizens...
Just foreigners protesting
Meaningless

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 05:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

I think its funny people from America complain about the Tariff's when they are benefiting the Americans to begin with.

Meaningless

Oh well, f*uck em, they should rely on themselves as well.

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Lets face it If this was Clinton and her spawn doing the same the right would be going mad over it.
Don't deny it you would.

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 05:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: JosephKnecht

What Hotels of his are currently being built in China? Honest question...

The tariffs are on machines and industrial equipment leaving China and being used in the united states.

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 05:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: xBWOMPx

originally posted by: Gothmog

Meaningless

Oh well, f*uck em, they should rely on themselves as well.

Which is precisely the lesson that should be learned by US Liberals...
And nothing in the world prevents a country purchasing products at a higher tariff rate
The US has been doing that since President Carter.

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 05:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Southern Guardian
a reply to: Jefferton

But...... Hillary??

Right? Did I do that right? ?

You're on the money! Now get out there and start posting threads from Qanon about how fantastic Trump's ass is and you'll get yourself a free MAGA hat.

Make Asia Great Again

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 05:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: Southern Guardian
While Soybean farmers in the South are suffering from 25% import taxes

How many even know that the US is one of the #1 suppliers of soy beans?

How many know we are a #1 supplier of lemons to Russia?

How many actually try to learn anything that's not part of their own "porch"?

When the comment of this OP begins with misinformation like "While Soybean farmers in the South are suffering from 25% import taxes" it tends to discredit the rest of the post.

Nobody has yet been able to back up that claim. This issue is on my porch---or rather in my fields. And despite the fact that I don't actually understand all that I've been told about the connections between the commodity associations and check-offs and set-asides and all the other buzz words used to get money from farmers pockets to association pockets---I did take the time to sit down and talk with a fellow who has been at this farming business for about 50 years.

Contracts on soybeans are signed before the first seed is planted. Farmers are paid according to those contracts. The beans in my fields right now were under contract in February. It makes no difference what the tariff is, when those beans are harvested my check will be for the amount of the contract. Since about 97% of the soybeans grown in the US are grown under contract, those farmers know exactly what they will be paid per bushel.

Please understand that it isn't the farmers who are complaining, it is the BigAg Associations who are spreading this drivel because their cozy arrangements might be impacted. Corporate Ag and the petrochemical companies may see a downturn in their profits due to this attempt to drain the swamp. That's what has them screeching at the top of their lungs.

The OP has run with something he obviously knows nothing about. It's not the first time and I'm sure won't be the last because Trump hatred is such fun.

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 05:54 PM
link   
a reply to: diggindirt

The OP has run with something he obviously knows nothing about. It's not the first time and I'm sure won't be the last because Trump hatred is such fun.

That, my friend, is IT in a nutshell. Ignoramuses have been running things long enough. Trump is 100% right about what we are losing, how we are losing, and why we are losing in trade. He absolutely has the solutions, and people that don't know their butts from a hole in the ground are spouting off crap they know little to nothing about.

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 05:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
a reply to: lordcomac

Which is the point of the tariffs. Unfortunately it's 30 years too late so it won't happen.

So there is no point to the tariffs?

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

The Fringe Benefits of Political and Economic POWER . NOTHING WRONG with that ...........Go to Bed .

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 05:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

The perks that come with being President are immeasurable. Better to ride the President's coattails, than to be miserable and jealous, looking in from the outside.

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

It's Called " Going With A Winner " , Losers Never Get that One Right...............)

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 07:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

Which is the point of the tariffs. Unfortunately it's 30 years too late so it won't happen.

So there is no point to the tariffs?

The point is to stop further damage. It just won't erase the damage that's been done. Your post is like saying there is no point in curing a terminal illness because it won't reverse damage that's already been done.

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 07:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Kharron

Good, because the deplorables are only growing in number.

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 07:52 PM
link   
OP still refuses to answer the logical justification for these tariffs and why they should exist.

OP is in end stage TDS.

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Only they wont be. It's a false narrative that he used to fool his low info base.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join