It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ivanka Trump's Chinese-made products conveniently spared from dad's tariffs

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+11 more 
posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 02:13 PM
link   
How convenient. When will the Trump family start leading my example? Do as I say, not as I do:

While Trump rails at Harley-Davidson motorcycles for moving some production to Europe to dodge EU tariffs, the first daughter and senior White House adviser has never manufactured a single product for her Ivanka Trump brand on American soil.

Trump enacted tariffs Friday morning on $34 billion worth of Chinese goods, affecting hundreds of products from boats to medical devices and auto parts. Products spared include those manufactured by his daughter.

That means Chengdu Kameido Shoes in Sichuan province can continue to supply shoes for the Ivanka Trump brand as it has in the past. It’s currently bidding for a new contract to manufacture 140,000 pairs of shoes for Trump’s company, a spokesman told The South China Morning Post.

Hangzhou HS Fashion in Zhejiang province also said it’s filling orders for orders for the G-III Apparel Group, which supplies shoes to Trump’s brand.

Source

While Soybean farmers in the South are suffering from 25% import taxes and businesses like Harley Davidson are being forced to move operations to deal with the trade war, the Trump family sits conveniently unscathed and wreaking millions off asian sweatshops. This is the second revelation to come out of the trade war surrounding Ivanka Trump. Prior to that around the same time Trump struck a deal with the Chinese government to lessen the financial blow to their state owned phone corporation ZTE Chinese officials conveniently granted thirteen trademarks to Ivanka's businesses to operate and spread their brands throughout China.

Do as I say, not as I do.

+7 more 
posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 02:15 PM
link   
You know that people that support Trump won't care right?

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 02:16 PM
link   
But...... Hillary??

Right? Did I do that right? ?

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Otherwise called nepotism.

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

And why should they have been? Not everything was effected, what is the reason that her stuff should have been and wasn't?

+3 more 
posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Did anyone read the products on the tariff list?
Mostly heavy machines and industrial products.

Lots of products used in construction of say his hotels.

edit on 9-7-2018 by Bluntone22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Expecting rational thought is asking for too much.

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 02:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
Did anyone read the products on the tariff list?
Mostly heavy machines and industrial products.

Heavy Machines that should be made on American soil, by American workers... with American steel.

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 02:32 PM
link   

So Trump's businesses are impacted because you say so? How about a source? Is Trump still involved in the construction business? Is he still building hotels? Or did he cease doing this?

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: lordcomac

Which is the point of the tariffs. Unfortunately it's 30 years too late so it won't happen.

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 02:39 PM
link   

How about you prove your OP, why should the products you listed have been included in the tariffs and weren't.

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Jefferton

But...... Hillary??

Right? Did I do that right? ?

You're on the money! Now get out there and start posting threads from Qanon about how fantastic Trump's ass is and you'll get yourself a free MAGA hat.

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

How about you prove your OP,

How about you let Bluntone22 front up himself k? I'm sure he's big enough to do so himself.

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Actually I think his sons took over the business so he hit them with the tariffs.
And nobody in the clothing industry was affected by these tariffs.

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: lordcomac

Heavy Machines that should be made on American soil, by American workers... with American steel.

So his and her products should not be made in America,by American workers... with American products?

Think about that a second... a tariff on the clothing industry would be huge.

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Actually I think his sons took over the business

Actually I think isn't going to do there bud. This is what you claimed:

This obviously implies that my OP in it's assumption. Here, I'll put forward my response to you again. How about a source? Is Trump still involved in the construction business? Is he still building hotels? Or did he cease doing this?

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Actually it's a question I already asked you and you ignored, so I asked again. I noticed you ignored it, again.

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: tinner07

I think there should be a level playing field with the market determining that. No other country should be allowed to alter the market in their favor to hurt US businesses and get away with it.

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 02:54 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Actually it's a question

Why isn't trump placing tariffs across the board? You're asking why those products that impact Ivanka should be included. I'm not the one rallying behind imposing tariffs and sticking the finger to foreign nations, it's Trump and his supporters. The onus isn't on me to explain which products should be excempt or included.

Bud?

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Why would he? Why would he place them across the board rather than direct them where they should be going?

The onus IS on you when you complain about a certain product not being included. It should NOT be included, so it wasn't. If you disagree state your case.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join