It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Hunter S. Thompson Reportedly Commits Suicide

page: 1

join
share:
RR

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Drudge is reporting that so called "gonzo" journalist Hunter S. Thompson has commited suicide. No further details are available at this time.

Drudge Report
SON: AUTHOR HUNTER S. THOMPSON KILLS SELF

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Thompson has became a bit of a hero of the left in the years since his groundbreaking Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas book. He will be missed.

[edit on 20-2-2005 by Banshee]

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Dear God no, I love Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas....Damn I checked and its on AB now. I loved that book and his style, I was starting to get into him too. I was looking for a copy of Fear and Loathing on the Campaign Trail a few minutes ago.

abcnews.go.com...

He'll be missed.

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Unfortunately looks like this is a legitimate story.

I was hoping it wasnt. I thought maybe it was a HST stunt of some sort, or a mistake.

Sad, sad, sad...

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Sad, sad, sad. I've loved Hunter Thompson since the early 70's in my Austin hippie days. I guess I have every book he ever wrote. What a pity. He was a true iconoclast.
joey

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Hunter S. Thompson - R.I.P.
Although given his record, I doubt even his afterlife will be peaceful.

Here is an excellent interview with the only political commentator who ever told you the truth.

www.salon.com...

Sadly missed, for his unique personality, but foremost for his excellent literary credentials. There will never be a book quite like Fear and Loathing.

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 09:20 PM
link   
I have written ESPN scores of E-Mail over the years wanting to get rid of this guy. I sincerely thought his politics had nothing to do with sports, and questioned ESPN promoting this guy.

This is one of his funniest columns on ESPN.

sports.espn.go.com.../041102

He actually thought Kerry was going to win.

top topics

join