It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boris Johnson quits to add to pressure on May over Brexit

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 11:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

That I completely agree with...

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 11:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: szino9
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

In my previous comment first I wrote they will have the 48 end of the day, then changed it end of the week before send, thinking it cannot be that fast. Now I am sure they follow a plan, and likely BJ will be the next PM, the hero who quit his post for his country (sarc)...Cant have a new election this year and give a chance to corbyn...

Anyone care for a small bet?

Yup only a matter of time.

May is meeting with the 1922 back bench committee, they are saying she will fight on but I think she will be out and its probably going to be Boris.

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 11:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn
a reply to: Soloprotocol

Ruth Davidson isn't my cup of tea either, (I dare say she'd say the same about me!).
I think it'd be interesting if she hooked up with Arlene Foster....that'd certainly stir things up a bit.

Oh, she has already chosen her side up here.

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

so while I agree that its unlikely I wouldn't rule it out just yet

I would , the Tories have a mandate to govern for 5 years regardless of who the PM is.
At this time we need a new leader not a new government and certainly not a Corbyn government.

They have a mandate for a long as they can form a government. The maths does not work for anyone forming a government. Too big a split on the Torys with too small a majority.

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

In my previous comment first I wrote they will have the 48 end of the day, then changed it end of the week before send, thinking it cannot be that fast. Now I am sure they follow a plan, and likely BJ will be the next PM, the hero who quit his post for his country (sarc)...Cant have a new election this year and give a chance to corbyn...

she will be out and its probably going to be Boris.

ffs, What a circus. Lunatics have well and truly taken over the asylum.

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 11:44 AM
link   

I'm sure Arlene Foster appreciates that given her stance on certain subjects that relate directly to Ruth Davidson's private life.

You really couldn't make it up.

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol

I think regardless of if you voted for Brexit or not there can be no debate that Mays government has ballsed up the entire negotiation.

The only solution I think is a second vote.

It won't happen, I really don't think it will but I think it should.

God can you imagine Trump, Brois and Vlad all in a room together...

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 11:56 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Lets not even joke about that happening!!

Boris is only interested in Boris me thinks.

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

At this time we need a new leader not a new government and certainly not a Corbyn government.

You've massively impressed me the last couple of days. I'd always thought that our political viewpoints were polarised but it seems we're aligned far more than I suspected.

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 12:05 PM
link   

I think regardless of if you voted for Brexit or not there can be no debate that Mays government has ballsed up the entire negotiation.

There was never going to be any negotiations that would have been in our favour. The EU holds all the aces. As for a second vote. No chance. Let this unfold.

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Why on Earth would we need a second vote? We voted and that's the end of it.

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 12:12 PM
link   

I'm sure Arlene Foster appreciates that given her stance on certain subjects that relate directly to Ruth Davidson's private life.

You really couldn't make it up.

Rather than do a deal with the SNP, The third largest party at Westminster, May and her clowns choose to side with, and hand over a billion £ to terrorist sympathisers, Bigots and Homophobes. And people wonder why just Scotland has had enough.

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 12:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes

Why on Earth would we need a second vote? We voted and that's the end of it.

We vote for a new government every four years or when it suits those in power and if you're an idiot the media controls who we vote for. Welcome to Democracy UK style.

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 12:15 PM
link   
I have no doubt David Davis is as self-serving as the vast majority of other modern politicians but on this I get the impression he has taken this stance on a matter of principle, unlike Boris Johnson whose every move seems motivated by self-advancement, self-aggrandisement and personal gain.

I despise The Tories with a passion, but this is no time for a change of government and I'd far rather David Davis succeed Teresa May and guide us through Brexit than Boris Johnson or an even worse case scenario Jeremy Corbyn.

I think we may indeed be up the proverbial # creek without a paddle!
edit on 9/7/18 by Freeborn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 12:19 PM
link   

I actually agree with most of that post.

I dare say we'll discus the sentiments etc behind the last sentence again in some other thread, but now is not the time or place - I have no desire to derail this thread.

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 12:19 PM
link   

a reply to: szino9

The very last thing this country needs at the moment is Boris Johnson as Prime Minister.

If the public get a choice I hope we dont vote him in BUT somehow he was elected mayor of the capital, scary thought indeed, we can both agree he aint getting our vote

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 12:20 PM
link   

I think regardless of if you voted for Brexit or not there can be no debate that Mays government has ballsed up the entire negotiation. The only solution I think is a second vote.

Change a referendum directly from the people because of "govt incompetence"?
what a coincidence.......

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 12:45 PM
link   

I have no doubt David Davis is as self-serving as the vast majority of other modern politicians but on this I get the impression he has taken this stance on a matter of principle, unlike Boris Johnson whose every move seems motivated by self-advancement, self-aggrandisement and personal gain.

I despise The Tories with a passion, but this is no time for a change of government and I'd far rather David Davis succeed Teresa May and guide us through Brexit than Boris Johnson or an even worse case scenario Jeremy Corbyn.

I think we may indeed be up the proverbial # creek without a paddle!

It doesn't matter who leads the tory party. They are too split over the issue of Europe for anyone to lead with the current lack of clear majority.

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Great timing for Piers Morgan or Simon Cowell to step in and Make England Great Again! MEGA!!

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join