It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boris Johnson quits to add to pressure on May over Brexit

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 09:41 AM
link   
The Rats are jumping from the Sinking Ship after firmly bolting the door shut to the working class quarters. For all those who voted leave, i hope you get what's coming to you. Idiots. each and every one of you.

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Anyone else listening to Mays speech.

She is basically saying that she is doing the same as always, trying to cherry pick what she wants to take from the EU and what she wants to leave behind.

They will just simply never accept it.

The EU cannot make it easy for the UK to leave the EU, rightly or wrongly, if the EU let the UK leave on favourable terms it only opens up opportunities for other euro-skeptic states to make a move to leave.

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 09:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
a reply to: eletheia

Is there actually a single Torry you would want to get the job???

How about a rank outsider

J.R.M. Could do worse

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 09:47 AM
link   
They are all laughing at her.

This is frankly embarrassing.

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 09:47 AM
link   
You Brits don't have all the glam and glitz in your politics that the US seems to have...but by God if it isn't interesting regardless.

I hope you guys get the Brexit. Merkle's got issues in Germany, Italy has issued an ultimatum, and Hungary has moved full nationalist. Europe is going to get pretty heated pretty quick.

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 09:51 AM
link   
ohhh god even may is laughing now.

She can't even keep her face straight through all of this.

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Trumps coming soon. He could help with those negotiations.

a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

link   
a reply to: Freeborn

David Cameron resigning stalled Brexit negotiations, May spent months dragging her heels and doing absolutely nothing. It's been a farce from the beginning. Despite the wishes of the British people they've never wanted us to leave the EU and they will do anything and everything possible to stop us from doing so.

From the outside looking in, It doesn't appear your government is serious about Brexit. Sure it's a complicated mess, but I would expect my Leaders to have it as my Number 1 priority and I Don't see it being that. They seem to be biding time till they can do another vote on it.

link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

The EU is too rotten to reform.

It needs completely dismantling.
In time maybe rebuild it in the shape of what it should have been.

This country must seem like a joke to those watching us.

The electorate gave a clear mandate for Brexit, yet this government - with notable assistance from the other major parties - has deliberately sought to weaken and delay our negotiating to such a degree that we are now approaching the point we have very little bargaining power.
It will be leave on the EU's terms.....leaving with no deal is not an option for any of the major parties.

As for Johnson; he has two aims; personal advancement and glory and maintenance of the status quo....at any cost.

Tory Leadership; Saqid Javid has been lined up for it.

What a complete #ing #ty mess; cometh the the hour cometh the man?......we need a modern day King Arthur, can't see that happening!

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 09:56 AM
link   
With two dissenters quitting in one day this might strengthen Mays hand in wanting a soft Brexit. I wouldn't get my hopes up over an election just yet.

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 09:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoinwe need a modern day King Arthur, can't see that happening!

Gareth Southgate? Cometh the hour, Cometh the man.

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Its a betrayal of the peoples wish! Soft BREXIT is FAKEXIT!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 10:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

No it's the #ing morons who elected The Tories who are to blame!

See the realities of your SNP vote now?

The whole country is a shambles and completely rudderless, leaderless and #ing clueless.

And the status quo remains the same.

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 10:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

The EU cannot make it easy for the UK to leave the EU, rightly or wrongly, if the EU let the UK leave on favourable terms it only opens up opportunities for other euro-skeptic states to make a move to leave.

If the EU is is such a good union to be in why are other countries looking for

opportunities to leave
And why would they care if one country they think

little of wants to leave and control their own future

Dosent make sense!!

The dated overblown EU is afraid of us succeeding in the future because

success in the UK is going to be their downfall......

Only a matter of time before the EU implodes eating itself from the inside out.

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Yeah the rats are jumping as expected, while i appreciate Miss May having the balls to step up and be PM, at a time when it was obvious that no one else wanted it (Brexit to deal with), its like being the next manager after Sir Alex, whatever clusterfudge happens with Brexit it wll be Miss Mays legacy (and the boys did not want that on their CV), the UK will suffer another backdoor PM via leadership party election, whenever the next election is called the 2 leading partys better have decent candidates

As my vote will not be wasted on BoJo, JRM or JC, not a single person worth deliberating over, thus green party anyone

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: UpIsNowDown

Vote for None of the above!!!!

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 10:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol

originally posted by: Freeborn
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoinwe need a modern day King Arthur, can't see that happening!

Gareth Southgate? Cometh the hour, Cometh the man.

Many a true word is spoken in jest

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

Another false dawn, another false prophet!

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 10:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol
The Rats are jumping from the Sinking Ship after firmly bolting the door shut to the working class quarters. For all those who voted leave, i hope you get what's coming to you. Idiots. each and every one of you.

Thanks for your general overall slandering of my nature as someone who voted Brexit, can I ask for your honest opinion to this topic, it will offer some insight as to why I dont believe I am an idiot but I also agree I dont have the finacial expertise when voting for Brexit, I dont think you an idiot for voting differently so lets leave the playground nonsense in the mudpit

MEPS to keep public in dark over expenses

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 10:11 AM
link   
And how did voting for the SNP lead to the tories being in charge?...again. Voting SNP has and never will affect how England votes. Scotland Voted to stay in Europe, England dragged us out and caused this #storm.

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join