It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you have trouble sleeping on a daily basis???

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2003 @ 04:58 AM
link   
If you do then please tell us why you think you do, and how long this has been going on for.

Thanks a lot.

posted on Jul, 3 2003 @ 05:05 AM
link   
I have been for about a month. I think its because of my school and work habits. I might goto school, then goto work, come home to study-shower-eat-mess with the 'love', then go right back to school. Happens about every two to three days.

I haven't felt any side-effects from it...yet....but when I do sleep---- buddy, I'm out like the dead.

regards
seekerof

posted on Jul, 3 2003 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Don't I wish. I have the opposite problem. I cannot stay awake and once asleep it is a real struggle to fight my way back to consciousness.

posted on Jul, 3 2003 @ 07:43 AM
link   
you may have sleep apnia... You can get tested for this. What happens (vaguely), is that your breathing gets interrupted from mucus, while you are sleeping, causing you to rouse from REM sleep often in the night, so you don't feel rested upon waking. There are oxygen pumps that alleviate this. Loud snoring is often a sign of this.

posted on Jul, 3 2003 @ 07:47 AM
link   
I suffer imsomnia from 8 months ago, so because i can�t sleep i am all the night reading books, and lurking...
But i can�t sleep for several reasons, specially be aware of the world i live in...
Is just so stressy....
When i get to sleep, i am not awake but not sleeping, is a like in the middle of those, the minimum noise will wake me up...
But i am getting use to it, 3h daily sleep is enough, sometimes i feel tired, but your body get�s use to it...

posted on Jul, 3 2003 @ 07:47 AM
link   
I think it also has something to do with my pillow, but i usually can't fall asleep before 2 am. i have problems with sleeping for about 5 years now, i got used to it, but when I need to get up at 6 or 7 for work(in the weekends) it's a real struggle, and I need to set my alarm an hour earlier, and out of reach, so I need to get out of bed to turn it off, after that i have to turn on the radio, otherwise I will fall back asleep.
i can't help it

posted on Jul, 3 2003 @ 07:50 AM
link   
I used to be a really heavy sleeper, but recently I have had terrible trouble sleeping. I have very strange vivid dreams and I normally wake up at about 3am with my heart pounding. It takes me ages to get back to sleep again and when I finally do, the alarm goes off!!

When I get in from work in the evening I have to struggle to keep awake at about 6.30, because if I drop off for half an hour or so, it takes the edge off my tiredness and I cant get to sleep until about 1am.

Whilst on holiday just over a week ago, I had no strange dreams and I slept well. (That may have had something to do with the copious amounts of alcohol I drank
)

posted on Jul, 3 2003 @ 08:50 AM
link   
I don't even think I sleep when I look asleep LOL! People are always asking me if I ever sleep..and my reply is "I'll sleep when I'm dead"...I'm a total night owl too or vampire..because I come alive at night and start getting tired as the sun comes up. That's why most of my jobs were graveyard s-h-i-f-t..I heard that your sleeping pattern has something to do with the time you were born? Something along those lines..As long as I can remember, I just haven't slept much..maybe I just feel like I'll miss something? Who knows??
Magestica

posted on Jul, 3 2003 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Good Lord Mag, how do you manage that.

I would love to sleep all day and be awake all night. There's someting good about being up all night whilst you know others are asleep.

If I don't get enough sleep, I start feeling really sick. I wish I didn't, I'd love to stay up for hours, but no can do.

What's the secret? Loads of Pro Plus

posted on Jul, 3 2003 @ 09:03 AM
link   
I couldn't sleep so I wake up and see this thread.

There's been sometimes when I couldn't sleep but for some reason it's kicked into high gear this summer. I used to think my body was still on the "school-zone clock" meaning I'm still used to waking up at 6a to go to school every morning. I'm going to sleep every night like at 3-4 a.m and waking up at 8:30 a.m wide awake. I try to go back to sleep but it doesnt take, like now.

posted on Jul, 3 2003 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Ive had trouble sleeping at night for years, even before my son was born, or I had my back injury. Now I survive on pill's to help with the pain and with me sleeping.

Insomnia:

The causes may include poor sleeping conditions, ciculatory or brain disorders (eg; sleep apnea) mental distress (eg; tension or depression) or physical discomfort. Mild insomnia may be treated by improving cleeping conditions or through traditional remedies such as warm baths, milk, or systematic relaxation. Apnea and its associated insomnia may be treated surgically or mechanically with breathing apparatus. Serve or chronic insomnia may necessitate the temporary use of barbiturates or tranquilivers, but such drugs are often addictive and may be decreasingly effective as the body builds up tolerance. Other methods of treatment include psychotherapy and hypnosis.

blackwidow

posted on Jul, 3 2003 @ 12:01 PM
link   
I just stay up till about 1 or 2 oclock in the morning and fall asleep naturally.

posted on Jul, 3 2003 @ 12:03 PM
link   
I have no idea why i have trouble sleeping wait yes i do i live in H.K and its 24 hours so maybe my i have too my friends.

posted on Jul, 3 2003 @ 12:05 PM
link   
No I dont have a sleep problem. About every month I do have a problem falling asleep. Sometimes it takes me hours. But what I do is I drink a glass of cranberry juice, and that makes me drowsy. Or read a book.

posted on Jul, 3 2003 @ 12:08 PM
link   
What kind of Cranberry juice?never heard of that making 1 drowsy.

posted on Jul, 3 2003 @ 12:21 PM
link   
I have trouble sleeping aswell,
I usualy wont fall asleep till 3, or sometimes around 4.
I also suffer from sleep paralysis, though that seems to have died down for the moment.
Im sure it will kick back in high gear in a couple of weeks.
Deep

Ash

posted on Jul, 3 2003 @ 04:18 PM
link   
I have had extremely bad insomnia for going on 6 years now. It wasn't too bad at first, it would happen every other week or so. Then after about 6 months of this I began to not sleep for weeks at a time. No exageration here, I was fresh out of college and was working a rotating shift, two weeks 1st shift 2weeks 2nd and two weeks third. I firmly believe this was what triggered mine. And it has only got worse over time. Used to be in a band and there were saturdays that I almost missed shows because my bandmates couldn't wake me from a coma like sleep. This would happen after missing sleep for a week, two weeks or 2 days.

It has now begun to seriously disrupt my life. I can rarely sleep with my girlfriend, as I will only keep her awake all night. I will go for days and days with an hour here and there of sleep. Then suddenly I will sleep from like 4am to like 3pm. My girlfriend has problems waking me up in this state. I do not have sleep apnia, both my mother and my brother do and have to sleep with O2 masks, however I am adopted and have been checked. Not even sure if apnia is hereditary anyway.

This has really become a problem for me and it actually starts to make my friggin head hurt knowing at 11pm that I will still be awake in 6hrs.

Does anyone know any natural remedies? Natural juices, herbs whatever? I DO NOT want to resort to sleeping pills, I don't even take aspirin. Any help or suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated.

posted on Jul, 3 2003 @ 05:18 PM
link   
I'm doing insomnia since 14 years now...

posted on Jul, 3 2003 @ 05:22 PM
link   
I dont have trouble falling asleep but I do have trouble staying asleep. I wake up 3 or 4 times during a normal sleep night. I has been hapening for a couple of months now. I went to a my doctor and he said it could be due to my deppression.

posted on Jul, 3 2003 @ 05:23 PM
link   
I often wake up for no reason. All of a sudden I kind of lurch forward in a violent manner and wake up. It really has freaked some people out before. I don't think it is due to nightmares, its just something I do. Then I often turn on my computer and surf for a bit. How much sleep do you people get? I normally get about 5 hours per night.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join